Little Mountain Trail

Little Mountain Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January.

skiing

I love this little trail. Very underrated. I usually don’t see anyone else on it. Views of Little dell and the wasatch. Watch out for moose though.

This hiking trail, near Salt Lake City, has historical significance as far as the settling of the Salt Lake Valley and the Mormon Pioneer Trail is concerned. This was actually not one of my favorite trails, but may be more scenic in better weather or in the summertime. Video of trail experience: https://youtu.be/0HgYstKvNcc

You have to bushwack to reach the true summit.

No dogs! would great to add that tag for search filters.

Pretty easy walk. Fair amount to see. I'm torn between 3 and 4 stars, so I'd give it a 3.5 if I could. Near the end it's tough to tell where the trail should end, so we climbed up the steep hill just to the west and got a better view, then descended back south from the top of the hill.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

This trail was a bit boring and I never found an end to it. I hiked in 2 miles and decided to turn around because I didn't know where the trail headed. On the way back out I realized that I was probably supposed to go off trail up the "mountain", but I have been taught that you are supposed to stay on the main trail as to not disturb the eco systems around you. The mountain (really more of a hill) was off trail, which the description should state. The main trail goes on for who knows how far. There was a pretty nice view about a mile in, but otherwise it wasn't that exciting.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Fun little jaunt. I jogged up past little mountain to the saddle where you can drop down to Killyons. If you want to stand on top of Little Mountain, the trail up is at the S end of the summit ridge.

Sunday, January 08, 2017