Little Baldy via Dry Canyon

Little Baldy via Dry Canyon is a 6.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lindon, Utah that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until September.

Baldy does not have a trail head to the top, but this is still a great loop.

Good trail up dry canyon. Once the trail got closer to little baldy, we missed a turnoff that put us on some biking trails and added a couple miles. If you’re going to do this trail, watch the map carefully around little baldy.

Also, it doesn’t appear that there is a way to actually get up little baldy.

AllTrails is inaccurate on the loop trail back. The Little Baldy trail forks several times with no indication which one gets back to Dry Canyon, so as long as you follow the Ridgeline and don't get distracted by other primitive trails, you'll be fine. Bring all the water you need; there are no sources of water. Not many places to camp, as the grass is all untouched and the trails are overgrown, but hammocking worked out fine for us. Lots of bees and wasps, but they didn't sting us. Weather at night was pristine, and there was plenty of shade on the way up.

It was clear that the second half of the trail wasn't used much, at least if you follow this exact route. The trail was rough and pretty overgrown at parts, my legs got a huge rash on them by I think some stinging nettle that had overgrown the trail around mile 4, and I think I somehow missed any turnoff for the actual Little Baldy summit (I think this route just goes around it). That said, it did offer some really beautiful views, but I don't anticipate running this route again.

Its about 2.5 more miles to add the north-east Big Baldy Summit and its no harder than the Dry Canyon Trail incline.
Also a great view point on the Little Baldy side for another .5 miles or so.

We did this trail on a clear November day. it was fairly steep for about 2.5 miles. and then we turned at the top and began the loop down. it seemed like a clear trail but somehow we got off track and didn't see where the trail broke off and ended up going almost three miles further. For a total of 9.63 miles. Not sure how we missed it, we were following the app. The trail we we on paralleled the trail on the map, which was more confusing. This trail seems to be used by bikers quite a lot.