Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Lisa Falls Trail is a 0.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sandy, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October.

rock climbing

The first little bit to the initial falls is family friendly. Only experienced mountaineers with technical equipment should go beyond the base of the falls.

Yesterday it rained pretty hard but it looked great this morning.

Loved this! Quick hike with beautiful Falls! It was fun climbing some of the granite boulders.

No snow! Quick and pretty!!!

No snow on trail. Really really short hike but nice waterfall.

Easy going. Great views. Pretty thawed out already. No snow on the trail.

We went on April 4th, and there were still large patches of snow on the trail because of the precipitous winter. I hiked it with my 5 kids ranging from 5 to 11 years old. The snow made for an extra challenge, but the hike was short enough that it worked out fine and our kids loved it.

One of my very favorite hikes for kids. Shaded and short, also the area right by the waterfall is shallow enough that my little kids can take their shoes off and walk around while they explore. Water can be chilly though so best on a warm day.

Fun hike for our girls. A quick walk would be more accurate. We enjoyed climbing up above the falls and seeing the autumn reds and yellows.

Short and sweet! I wouldn’t rate this hard at all, there were plenty of young children and families coming and going. Beautiful walk and beautiful falls. We love this!

Short but fun!

Our family loves Lisa Falls, but it is very disappointing that people have tagged the rocks. Very disgraceful!

Fun little hike, short and sweet! Rock trail so ankle support shoes recommended. Downside to the hike is when you make it to the falls there is inappropriate graffiti all over the rocks.

Super Easy with young kids.

Beautiful but the graffiti was disappointing on the boulders near the falls...

Only hiked up to the base of the first waterfall. Don't have any experience rock climbing or scrambling so I didn't even consider trying to get to the upper falls. If I ever learn I will go back and attempt the full hike. If you want a short, shady hike with a waterfall then try this one and just go to the base of the first waterfall. It was pretty nice just sitting on the big rocks at the falls. If you want some more hiking you can go across the road too and hike around..... pretty nice river down there.

We found this fall to be very beautiful and peaceful. Up to the fall I would rate it Moderate. There are some steep areas, and it is a lot of rocks you have to climb. I was able to do the hike by myself with a 7 year old and a 4 year old. I would reccomend this hike.

Cool hike but nothing too special. Not sure we this is rated hard. It’s rocky but they are big and easy to get up. Somehow this is rated hard and Lower Bell Canyon is rated easy but this was way easier than Bell Canyon?

Good, shady, short hike to the water fall. The waterfall was neat, but the boulders were a little too big for my kiddos 5 & 3. The boulders also went down the side of the mountain pretty steep. There was an INSANE amounts of kids (mainly older) pushing their way around. The topper was the graffiti all over! We maybe stayed 15 minutes before leaving.

I was glad there were posts here to say how easy of a hike.it is to the bottom of the falls or I might have not checked out this amazing waterfall and passed it by. It was a super short hike to the bottom, but such a beautiful unique waterfall. The drive in Little cottonwood canyon was also just stunning. just make sure you don't on off hours so you don't have to fight the crowds. Check out my post for a 360 degree visual of the hike. https://shaunasadventures.blogspot.com/2018/06/360-adventure-little-cottonwood-canyon.html?m=1

Fun for the kids to play at the top

Short family friendly shady trail up to the lower falls. Offers great views and lots of rocks to climb around on. My kids really liked playing in the water and climbing the rocks.

Nice shady, short hike to a pretty waterfall. Fun for the whole family. The graffiti this time was so disappointing!

Not much water coming over the falls this time of year

Super short hike to waterfall. Perfect for families with kids. Shady the whole way with sun at the waterfall.

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

My husband and I completed this hike on May 5, 2018. Maybe this is a fun, quick hike with a mildly impressive waterfall. The trail is mostly walking up stairs, and a steep path, but it's over before you know it. We didn't know that there was a higher waterfall... we just saw the first one!

Friday, May 11, 2018

Amazing hike!

Sunday, February 18, 2018

I would not climb up the falls. That causes a large portion of the salt lake search and rescue calls... just look at it from the bottom. It’s still cool.

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Pretty but not easy. Short doable hike to lower falls but the rest of hike is boulder climbing.

Monday, September 11, 2017

This trial is cool but defiantly not family friendly if your trying to get the the end. First little bit to the initial falls is family friendly, everything after that is pretty much Rick climbing.