Lisa Falls Trail is a 0.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sandy, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October.

rock climbing

The first little bit to the initial falls is family friendly. Only experienced mountaineers with technical equipment should go beyond the base of the falls.

Fun hike for our girls. More of a quick walk but we enjoyed climbing up higher onto the falls and the beautiful colors of fall. Nice way to get away from people in a wonderful area.

Short and sweet! I wouldn’t rate this hard at all, there were plenty of young children and families coming and going. Beautiful walk and beautiful falls. We love this!

Short but fun!

Our family loves Lisa Falls, but it is very disappointing that people have tagged the rocks. Very disgraceful!

Fun little hike, short and sweet! Rock trail so ankle support shoes recommended.
Downside to the hike is when you make it to the falls there is inappropriate graffiti all over the rocks.

Super Easy with young kids.

Beautiful but the graffiti was disappointing on the boulders near the falls...

Only hiked up to the base of the first waterfall. Don't have any experience rock climbing or scrambling so I didn't even consider trying to get to the upper falls. If I ever learn I will go back and attempt the full hike. If you want a short, shady hike with a waterfall then try this one and just go to the base of the first waterfall. It was pretty nice just sitting on the big rocks at the falls. If you want some more hiking you can go across the road too and hike around..... pretty nice river down there.

We found this fall to be very beautiful and peaceful. Up to the fall I would rate it Moderate. There are some steep areas, and it is a lot of rocks you have to climb. I was able to do the hike by myself with a 7 year old and a 4 year old. I would reccomend this hike.

Cool hike but nothing too special. Not sure we this is rated hard. It’s rocky but they are big and easy to get up. Somehow this is rated hard and Lower Bell Canyon is rated easy but this was way easier than Bell Canyon?

Good, shady, short hike to the water fall.

The waterfall was neat, but the boulders were a little too big for my kiddos 5 & 3. The boulders also went down the side of the mountain pretty steep.

There was an INSANE amounts of kids (mainly older) pushing their way around. The topper was the graffiti all over! We maybe stayed 15 minutes before leaving.

I was glad there were posts here to say how easy of a hike.it is to the bottom of the falls or I might have not checked out this amazing waterfall and passed it by. It was a super short hike to the bottom, but such a beautiful unique waterfall. The drive in Little cottonwood canyon was also just stunning. just make sure you don't on off hours so you don't have to fight the crowds. Check out my post for a 360 degree visual of the hike. https://shaunasadventures.blogspot.com/2018/06/360-adventure-little-cottonwood-canyon.html?m=1

Fun for the kids to play at the top

Short family friendly shady trail up to the lower falls. Offers great views and lots of rocks to climb around on. My kids really liked playing in the water and climbing the rocks.

Nice shady, short hike to a pretty waterfall. Fun for the whole family. The graffiti this time was so disappointing!

Super short hike to waterfall. Perfect for families with kids. Shady the whole way with sun at the waterfall.

My husband and I completed this hike on May 5, 2018. Maybe this is a fun, quick hike with a mildly impressive waterfall. The trail is mostly walking up stairs, and a steep path, but it's over before you know it. We didn't know that there was a higher waterfall... we just saw the first one!

Amazing hike!

I would not climb up the falls. That causes a large portion of the salt lake search and rescue calls... just look at it from the bottom. It’s still cool.

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Pretty but not easy. Short doable hike to lower falls but the rest of hike is boulder climbing.

Monday, September 11, 2017

This trial is cool but defiantly not family friendly if your trying to get the the end. First little bit to the initial falls is family friendly, everything after that is pretty much Rick climbing.

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

A very short walk into a decently impressive waterfall- a great option for kids!

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

More like .25 miles to the lower pool (accessible without climbing gear). A fantastic place for the kids to stay lash around and explore. A favorite we come back to if we are short on time and want a pretty, fun escape in the canyons!

Sunday, September 03, 2017

Cool little hike with an amazing waterfall!

Sunday, September 03, 2017

Easy five minute hike to lower falls. Dont attempt upper falls unless you have climbing equipment-my advice. Lots of kids and people. Beautiful but Im a hiker not a climber.

Thursday, August 17, 2017

We decided to hike all the way to the upper falls. Wouldn't call it hiking so much as I'd call it climbing. It was slippery and loose rock at multiple places but it is really gorgeous. Definitely a scramble though and had to have help up in multiple places. Only saw two other people at the top so I'd say be cautious and careful.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Not what we were expecting. Pretty once you reach the the falls though. If you want to go beyond the falls you really need rock climbing gear. But nice little climb . We went across the way to another trail that was really pretty once we were done with Lisa falls.

Friday, August 11, 2017

Very short hike.

Friday, July 28, 2017

5 star if you are hiking with children. We took our 2 yo and 4 yo boys and they loved climbing over all the rocks. I'd give it 2-3 stars as a solo hiker just because it's super short.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017