Legacy Parkway Trail

Legacy Parkway Trail is a 12.8 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Farmington, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, birding, and road biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

wheelchair friendly

rails trails

Great trail. We started on the north end at Farmington Station where you can park for free and its in a mall area, so plenty of people around for 'safe' parking. The directions here take you to the far north end of the trail which is at a farm and we were unsure if we should park there, but the train station is less than 2 miles south of the 'start' of the trail, so it was great. We road about 12 miles round trip (6 south, 6 north). We turned around due to some inclement weather (heavy winds and clouds and thunder/lightening later that day). Trail is well kept and very nice, but it is exposed so bring a hat/sunscreen. Great place to bike, walk, and stroll with the dogs. We went on a Sunday mid-morning, so it traffic was lite. Just got my first Road Bike so I am looking forward to utilizing this trail more.

Fun and super easy walk. More fun on a bike. Not much to see but it is a nice walk.

Monday, April 25, 2016

This trail connects to the Denver and Rio Grande Western Rail Trail and the Jordan River Parkway Trail. It is great for walking, biking, and running. There are tons of bugs in the spring and summer early in the morning and in the evening, but that's the way everything is by the GSL. I gave it three stars because the last few times I've walked or biked on the trail there's been a ton of garbage on the sides of the trail. It is my favorite of the rail trails in the area, though.