Lake Mary Trail

Lake Mary Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until October.

fly fishing

Directions from Salt Lake City: Take Big Cottonwood Canyon Road (7000 South Wasatch Blvd.) to Brighton. Trailhead is located behind the Mt. Majestic Lodge.

Fairly easy and beautiful hike. I would highly recommend even for beginners. When I went I saw quite a few older hikers and even hikers carrying small kids on their backs. So bring your family or friends along for this one!

Went around August and the weather and scenery was perfect. Bring a good camera or make sure your phone battery is charged because you'll want to take a lot of pictures.

My only complaint about the trail is how skinny it is, and it doesn't help that it's a relatively high trafficked trail.

Short and easy hike, best done early morning before the trail gets too crowded and while the deer and moose are grazing. It's great to continue on the trail up to Lakes Martha and Catherine.

Great hike! Pretty steep at first, but the lake is worth it. Even saw a few moose :)

Nice hike. The first bit is a bit steep, but not rocky and easy to navigate. I just took my time. The lake is really pretty too, but you can't swim in it. :(

Went Saturday morning starting around 9 am. As we were coming back down around 10:30 there were a lot of people, so I would recommend going earlier or during the week! Very steep and difficult for a not very experienced hiker, it was definitely moderate for us! A tiny bit of frost, no snow yet. Bring a jacket!

This trail was a bit disappointing. I would say it is heavily trafficked, and part of the trail is a steep climb up a little creek. The rocks were wet and slippery. I'm glad I had my pole with me or I'd have twisted an ankle. A lot of people. Was hoping for a bit less, though most everyone we encountered was pleasant. Not a long trail but if you keep going, there's another lake another mile away? That is, if you can scale a mountain or jump 5 feet across and manage not to land on Lake Mary below you. We had to turn around. It seemed too risky to keep going.

This was only our third hike since moving to SLC. Each one gets better. Be sure to notice the aspen grove on the side of the mountain on the way up close to the beginning. They are just starting to turn golden. Lake Mary is a nice place to just sit after the hike. Great day!!

Loved this hike! The lake is beautiful! There were a lot of people on the trail which was the only drawback. Maybe hiking during the week or on Sunday would be better.