Lake Mary Trail is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until October.

Distance: 2.6 miles Elevation Gain: 849 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Note: Because this trail lies within a protected watershed, dogs and swimming are not permitted in the area. Directions from Salt Lake City: Take Big Cottonwood Canyon Road (7000 South Wasatch Blvd.) to Brighton. Trailhead is located behind the Mt. Majestic Lodge.

Expect to walk over snow. Little ice left in the lake. Great hike for families.

icy

Love hiking and wandering around the trails at Brighton. Right now be prepared for snow, ice and mud! Gorgeous up at the Lake. Lots of Ice still floating around-and with all the snow- hardly any traffic!

Super fun weekday hike to escape from the heat of the city. Muddy and slushy most of the way even in early June but the lake looks really pretty. It is one of the easiest alpine lakes with amazing views to reach.

Hike up the ski hill (mostly melted) but then snowy the rest of the way. After reading the reviews, I decided to bring my snowshoes. I saw about 30 hikers today and I was the only with snowshoes. However, I was glad I brought them and I got many comments that I was the only smart one on the trail! I don’t think they are mandatory (Yak trax or waterproof hiking boots would also be ok) and I did still slip going down the slush. Especially in the afternoon when the slush was melting even more. I was grateful to have my snow shoes on. I actually ended up at Dog Lake and was underwhelmed. Once I was pointed in the right direction, I made it up to Lake Mary and it was very worth it. (Had to take snow shoes off on rocky areas). For the best views, keep hiking to the left of the lake as if you are going to Lake Martha. And if you are headed to Lake Martha or Lake Catherine, I wouldn’t go without snow shoes! Can’t wait to go again in a few weeks and see how it’s changing!

More snow than trail today. Very slushy and wet. We found our way to the lake, but probably would have enjoyed the hike better in a few weeks when the snow is melted.

icy

We probably should've used snow shoes but we didnt bring any so we hiked it in gym shoes and pants. Theres still a lot of snow but most of the way the snow was packed down enough that you could walk up it. The snow is getting more slushy so you'll slip around a bit and in some spots if you're not careful you can fall into deep snow up to your waist. Because of the snow you can't see the trail right now but we just used google maps. If you can find it, its gorgous right now. The water is a crystal turquoise blue and its really quiet and peaceful. Theres also a lot of wildlife. We saw a lot of squirrels, pot guts and even a woodpecker.

Don’t follow my recording we blazed our own trail but we rocked it. Slushy so we slid down the whole way.

Wait till summer. It’s impossible to find trail and if you had snowshoes I’m sure you could tackle it, but w/o it’s just hard terrain to navigate

Snow has softened and has left pockets. I don’t recommend doing this without snowshoes quite yet.

one of my favorite hikes. bring a picnic you'll wanna stay awhile at the lake.

icy

Beautiful mountains and views! There is a lot of snow up there right now so you can’t see the trial at all. We had to rely on the map to know where to go. The lakes are all frozen still too so you can’t see them very well. Be careful around rocks and tree bases because there is caving going on. Poles would be very helpful.

Trail was completely covered with soft snow. Air temperature was 50 degrees F. Route finding was a little difficult but we managed with the app. We used snowshoes, but others didn’t and they did ok but not great. The lake itself was absolutely gorgeous. We saw no wildlife, however.

Great hike for photography! We saw a bunch of wildlife

icy

It's hard to tell where the trail is when it has snowed. You basically just have to walk up the ski slope at Brighton. I used Google Maps to help find the trail. There is some ice on the trail. It's almost to where you might wanna consider snow shoeing. Lake Mary is frozen over.