Lake Mary Trail

Lake Mary Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until October.

Directions from Salt Lake City: Take Big Cottonwood Canyon Road (7000 South Wasatch Blvd.) to Brighton. Trailhead is located behind the Mt. Majestic Lodge.

Great hike. Beautiful relaxing spot when you get to Lake Mary.

Beautiful stop on the way to lake Catherine.

Pretty steep until you get to the first lake, but it’s worth it!

The getting to is HARD! It was really steep for a lot of the time up but the destination made it worth it. Lake Mary is very beautiful.

My favorite hike. I’ve hiked much harder trails and much easier trails but for some reason I keep coming back to this one when I think about my favorite one. My kids and I hike it at least twice a Summer. It is an extremely beautiful lake. Amazing wildflowers and lots of chipmunks and squirrels. We saw a marmot up there once as well. We eat lunch by the lake and let the kids good off and are always back before lunch.

Epic

incredible views.

love the fact that you can be in such a crowded place and find such solitude within just a few minutes of hiking. fish were small (5 inches or so) but this hike and lake Catherine just above it were phenomenal. I'd love to go back again when there aren't so many people on the trail tho. I had to stop quite a few times to let big groups pass by and it was just myself. great hike tho and some very beautiful scenery.

Decided to do this hike with my two boys (8 and 10) after camping at the Spruces the night before. The boys complained about the incline going up from Brighton, but overall it really wasn't bad and was a great hike that I knew my boys could survive.

great hike a little difficult for a beginner like me had to stop quite a bit to catch my breath and i also forgot the bug spray if you hike this Trail you're definitely going to need bug spray for all the mosquitoes... But once we reach the lake it was all worth it so beautiful up there

Gorgeous water, beautiful wildflowers!

Saw 5 different moose, a porcupine, and lots of deer! We started at the trail head at 530 AM ! Got to the top around 630 AM and watched the sunrise ! This is my favorite hike ever! So beautiful! Accurately labeled moderate!

We hit the trail around 8:45am and saw a smattering of people now and then. This has lovely views on the climb, with lots of wild flowers and the lake is peaceful when loud talking people are not there. Why do people talk so loud? On the way down we stopped at Dog Lake which is small and more peaceful. We spotted a moose couple near the end of the hike which made our day; we couldn't miss them they crossed the trail.

Gorgeous. Loved every minute! It was a great day for hiking too!

Steep for beginners like me, but gorgeous. Lovely lake! Please be courteous and remember that swimming is not permitted.

It’s really pretty worth the hike ...the only problem today was all that SMOKE !

I wish we had gotten to the trail earlier in the morning! It was about 10am when we started, and the sun really beats down on the first section, making 67 degrees feel like 85. Plus, there were quite a few people on the trail. But the trail is beautiful and Lake Mary is gorgeous. And since it’s so big and many hikers continue to Lake Martha and Lake Catherine, it felt like we had the place to ourselves. I know people love Cecret Lake at the top of Lil’ Cottonwood Canyon (I do in too when the wildflowers are in full bloom), but this lake it WAY prettier. Can’t wait to go back and do Martha and Catherine too next time! My kids (15,12,10,8) enjoyed this one too, though they didn’t like all the people on the trail. I can’t figure out where they got their disdain for crowds...oh, wait...

We saw a moose! We also saw deer, pika, and chipmunks. When you get to the lake head left and go over the boulder and then head away from lake. There is another hidden lake and that’s where the moose are.

Went after lunch, not too crowded, lovely waterfalls and rock formations along the way with the reward of beautiful Lake Mary. Highly recommend.

Most beautiful trail. Definitely a favorite.

Gorgeous. One of my absolute favorites! Be sure to explore the side trails!!

First part of trail up the ski run is the toughest. After that less steep and shade

Great family hike with my 12 and 15 yr olds. Lots of places to sit and have a break at the lake. Will do this hike again!

Perfect kid hike. Go during the week and you can avoid a lot of the crowds. Bring bug spray. If you want a little more challenge, head to Martha and Catherine.

I hiked up to Twin lakes and then cut over to Lake Mary. There was a moose along the way that was pretty cool. The trail in between Twin Lakes and Lake Mary was very empty. There was only two other people I saw along the way. The whole loop, parking at Silver lake, then up to twin lakes, then across to Lake Mary, then down the lake Mary trail head was 5.5 miles exactly.

Great Hike. Perfect place for lunch at the lake. Took girls 14-19. They liked it but was a little steep for them at first. It is a true uphill/downhill trail with great scenery at the top.

Steep, beautiful, lots of gorgeous wildflowers, lots of fellow hikers. My kids (11, 9, 7, 4, and 18 months) loved it. Not really shaded.

So freaking beautiful! Bring big spray. tons of wild flowers and wild life and medicinal herbs! The lake is spectacular!

Definitely one of my favorite hikes. Its beautiful and adventurous.