Lake Mary Trail

Lake Mary Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until October.

Directions from Salt Lake City: Take Big Cottonwood Canyon Road (7000 South Wasatch Blvd.) to Brighton. Trailhead is located behind the Mt. Majestic Lodge.

From the other reviews ill say this is a great trail... unfortunately I didn't get to do it because its still snow covered and snow shoes will be required at this time. I just moved from Florida to UT and don't yet have them. :)

Easily one of my favorite hikes. It doesn’t take a long time to get there, it’s not too hard, there are lots of places to hammock when you get there, and the lake is so beautiful and clear! I love going up there to relax and enjoy the pretty view :)

I was disappointed in this trail. The pictures made it look like a pristine lake in the mountains, when in fact it is dammed up, and you’re looking at ski lifts and related equipment the entire time. Also, although it is a fairly short hike, the trail is steep all the way.

11/11/2017... 3-5inch snow cover, some icy areas, microspikes and poles are probably useful. GORGEOUS!

Great hike for Cardio. The lake at the top is beautiful!

Fairly easy and beautiful hike. I would highly recommend even for beginners. When I went I saw quite a few older hikers and even hikers carrying small kids on their backs. So bring your family or friends along for this one!

Went around August and the weather and scenery was perfect. Bring a good camera or make sure your phone battery is charged because you'll want to take a lot of pictures.

My only complaint about the trail is how skinny it is, and it doesn't help that it's a relatively high trafficked trail.

Short and easy hike, best done early morning before the trail gets too crowded and while the deer and moose are grazing. It's great to continue on the trail up to Lakes Martha and Catherine.

Great hike! Pretty steep at first, but the lake is worth it. Even saw a few moose :)

Nice hike. The first bit is a bit steep, but not rocky and easy to navigate. I just took my time. The lake is really pretty too, but you can't swim in it. :(

Went Saturday morning starting around 9 am. As we were coming back down around 10:30 there were a lot of people, so I would recommend going earlier or during the week! Very steep and difficult for a not very experienced hiker, it was definitely moderate for us! A tiny bit of frost, no snow yet. Bring a jacket!

This trail was a bit disappointing. I would say it is heavily trafficked, and part of the trail is a steep climb up a little creek. The rocks were wet and slippery. I'm glad I had my pole with me or I'd have twisted an ankle. A lot of people. Was hoping for a bit less, though most everyone we encountered was pleasant. Not a long trail but if you keep going, there's another lake another mile away? That is, if you can scale a mountain or jump 5 feet across and manage not to land on Lake Mary below you. We had to turn around. It seemed too risky to keep going.

This was only our third hike since moving to SLC. Each one gets better. Be sure to notice the aspen grove on the side of the mountain on the way up close to the beginning. They are just starting to turn golden. Lake Mary is a nice place to just sit after the hike. Great day!!

Loved this hike! The lake is beautiful! There were a lot of people on the trail which was the only drawback. Maybe hiking during the week or on Sunday would be better.

Beautiful lake! The hike itself was tough at the beginning, but it is definitely worth it.

I'm suprised this was ratted moderate. Although there are a couple of steep parts, it's pretty short! We went up on a Thursday afternoon and it was lovley! Very few other people. Iwas carring my 18 month old and it took us about an hour to get to the lake. So I'm sure if you're not carrying a thrashing child, you could do it way quicker! the chipmunks at the lake are really aggressive so obviously, do your best to keep crumbs away from them and HOLD all of your food! I had one steal my granola bar from under my leg! ☹ Obviously, it's a beautiful view and a place I'll definitely recommend to people traveling who need a short hike!

I love this trail to take my kids! We went up to Lake Martha tonight as well and saw a huge bull moose! gorgeous sunset hike!

Trailhead is by the Brighton Center just up the hill a bit. It's a bit steep but the wild flowers take your mind off of that. The trail has a creek bed that you have to go up but it's not bad. The lake is absolutely stunning. We saw a moose across the lake that was beautiful. Hike around to get different views of the lake. They are worth it. Next time we will continue on to Lake Catherine.

Lake Mary beautiful! If you keep going you'll hit lake Catherine. There are a large cluster of rocks on the way to Lake Catherine (right before the fork), it's worth climbing them for a panoramic view. Keep en eye out for moose, we saw a couple!

Absolutely one of my favorite trails. Lake Mary is stunning. Easy hike from Brighton Ski Resort. Continue past Lake Mary to see Martha and Catherine. On your way down, take a left to Twin Lakes. Also visit Silver Lake across the main parking lot.

One of my favorite trails.

Great wildlife and awesome views.

Awesome hike! Wildflowers everywhere.

Wild flowers are gorgeous, was a fairly busy trail, family friendly but definitely uphill to get to the lake.

Flowers are out, and in full bloom! Make sure to bring and wear mosquito repellent.

Great trail. A little steep but my 7 year old and I made it. It was a wonderful hike.

Beautiful hike! We got to the trailhead about 8:45 a.m. and there were already quite a few hikers on the trail. It was 56 degrees which felt heavenly after the heat in the valley. It was a steep hike, but it wasn't too long. The lake was gorgeous. I would definitely do this again!

Easy and not busy trail. Beautiful lake at the end. Will do it again

Gorgeous! The wildflowers are incredible right now! A steep hike the entire way but worth it. Will hike this again.

Wonderful hike just made it to the top. Have three kids under six we made it but at top a little challenging