Lake Catherine Via Catherine Pass Trail

Lake Catherine Via Catherine Pass Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Alta, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until September.

[IMPORTANT PARKING NOTE: Due to extremely limited parking access at Cecret Lake/Catherine's Pass Trailheads and to reduce congestion on the Albion Basin Summer Road and in the upper Albion Basin parking areas, it is highly recommended that hikers park in the Albion Base Area parking lot and hike the Upper Albion Meadows Trail or ride the free shuttle provided by the Town of Alta on weekends and holidays]

Beautiful moderate hike. Bring lots of water. Start early if you want explore at the peak. Alos, I parked at the trailhead and was lucky-one spot left. It fills up fast.

Backpacked up here last night and spent the night. By the time I arrived it was dark and pretty rocky on the way down to Lake Catherine. The trail was well maintained and really nice and if you keep hiking past Lake Catherine you get amazing views of Lake Mary and Lake Martha.

We got to the trailhead at 4pm so we were lucky to get parking. The trail itself is beautiful and well-maintained as well as uncrowded. There is a pungent plant growing halfway thru. We set up camp on the southwest corner of the lake along with several other groups. The lake is like a bowl so it was an amphitheater when it came to noise but everyone seemed to notice that and were respectful although the young kids had a hard time remembering ;) Only saw 2 mosquitoes. I really wanted to summit Sunrise Peak but my hubby said no so I'll have to come back another time just as a hiker.

One of my favorite hikes this year!

Gorgeous!

This is such a beautiful hike!! Saw lots of deer and a moose. We went pretty early and didn't come across anyone until we were almost done. So go early if you want to avoid people. (we started the hike at 6:30am on a friday)

Great hike! Flowers are still beautiful. Saw lots and lots of deer on this early morning hike and a moose as we drove out!

I wouldn't rate this as "easy"... Wildflowers are still on fire right now!