Lake Blanche Trail

Lake Blanche Trail is a 6.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October.

Distance: 6.9 miles Elevation Gain: 2,706 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Note: Because this trail lies within a protected watershed, dogs and swimming are not permitted in the area. Though demanding, this hike has it all: beautiful mountaintop lake, awesome views, and abundant wildlife. Plan to stop several times to catch your breath. The views down into the canyon below are breathtaking. Just prior to arriving at the lake, parts of Salt Lake City are also visible from the trail. ADVISORIES: The trail does not start at the information board labeled "Lake Blanche Trail." The trailhead is 1/4 mile from the parking lot right beside the creek coming down from the drainage. Make sure to take plenty of water! Insect repellent is a good idea as mosquitos are plentiful. If you are planning this hike for later in the day, pack a flashlight (with fresh batteries) in case your journey takes longer than planned. Attempting to navigate the trail after dark would be a very dangerous endeavor.

icy

The trail was icy and muddy just as previous hikers mentioned. The incline is fairly steady the whole way. Beautiful scenery!

Such a beautiful day. Trail is snow packed and icy a good portion of the trail, so go prepared.

icy

Gorgeous hike today. Brought spikes and didn’t really need them on the way up, but was nice on the way down since there were some slippery bits. Felt warm up at the lake, lots of sun. Did most of the hike just wearing a long sleeve top and gloves.

icy

frozen lake. so beautiful. the view is worth the icy slippery parts.

icy

11/15/19. Snow and ice but walkable with trekking poles. Yak traks would help but spikes would be Overkill. Moose nearby. Awesome hike, nobody around.

icy

Pretty ice now, but beautiful hike. Saw a couple of moose. The top was chilly, but the hike up and down will keep you warm. Took me an 1h 45min. Going down I slide on my bum due to my spikes some how falling off my feet without me noticing.

This trail is great! Incredibly beautiful the entire time, challenging at times however worth it. I bought spikes before this venture and I was glad I did as it made the packed snow/ice a breeze. Took me an hour and a half going up, able to spend a few hours up top (there is enough to explore) then then it took me 2 hours to get down only because there were several moose off the trail I had to go check out. I was surprised how warm it was and didn’t need my coat until the end. Total trip was 6 hours noon to just before 6pm and wouldn’t have wanted to be out there later than that as I would have had to use my head lamp. Enjoy!

icy

One of my favorite hikes in Utah. Went today early - it’s ICY. Made the mistake of not bringing spikes and practically ice skated down the mountain. Fell on my butt quite a few time. BEAUTIFUL and worth it

icy

Trail is muddy and icy. Microspikes are very helpful for the descent.

Yum. It’s snowing. AM hike. Slight snow all the way up today.

icy

If you’re not a hiker, or your cardio is weak.... you’ll feel it. It was a lot colder & snowier at the top for sure! Plan accordingly.

Awesome, peaceful lake at the top. I wanted to explore higher up the peaks but didn't have time. Parking can be a challenge.

ohv/off road driving