Lake Blanche Trail

Lake Blanche Trail is a 6.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October.

Distance: 6.9 miles Elevation Gain: 2,706 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Note: Because this trail lies within a protected watershed, dogs and swimming are not permitted in the area. Though demanding, this hike has it all: beautiful mountaintop lake, awesome views, and abundant wildlife. Plan to stop several times to catch your breath. The views down into the canyon below are breathtaking. Just prior to arriving at the lake, parts of Salt Lake City are also visible from the trail. ADVISORIES: The trail does not start at the information board labeled "Lake Blanche Trail." The trailhead is 1/4 mile from the parking lot right beside the creek coming down from the drainage. Make sure to take plenty of water! Insect repellent is a good idea as mosquitos are plentiful. If you are planning this hike for later in the day, pack a flashlight (with fresh batteries) in case your journey takes longer than planned. Attempting to navigate the trail after dark would be a very dangerous endeavor.

Great trail! If you don't hike a lot this will feel on the hard side. Pretty much a constant incline, over 2700 feet. You will want to be prepared, plenty of water, good boots and climbing sticks help with the rocks. Once you are at the lake it is so worth it! look behind you to see the Salt Lake, make sure to go right passed the damn to see lakes Florence and Lillian, it's only a few minutes away and so worth it!

Great trail. Take your time going up, it’s worth it at the top!

It's a steady incline the entire way. I went with my dad (58 yo) and we made it to the lake in about 3 hours - at a comfortable pace. I would like to come back but leave earlier, because the best views are up top. Also would like to explore more around the lake. Great hike, and not too hard - took us 5 hours.

Amazing hike with so much diversity in the scenery. Be sure to bring plenty of water and protection from the sun. The push towards the end was the hardest part in my opinion. Other that it's a very nice gradual climb to the lake at the end.

Don’t swim in the lake!

Caught a whole bunch of brookies and saw some moose!

Great well-kept trail. Gets pretty busy later in the day

awesome hike.

First time on this trail but won't be my last. One of my favorite trails I've hiked this year. I took my time on the way up and hung out and explored the lakes on top, but ran most of the way down. About 2:35 round trip.

really pretty hike and views! lots of bugs by the lake. it took us about 4 hours roundtrip, but with lots of stops for photos and looking! we did see a pila, no moose though!

This is a hard hike, but then I am not in shape! I left late and needed to use my flashlight to get down- it was a little unnerving when it was rocky and pitch dark with out the light. It was worth the trek up- two moose at the lake at sunset, made for good pictures! Lots of varying trail- some open meadow, some tight bushy, ups and downs. Really good workout and long.

This is a beautiful hike, with incredible views throughout. Despite the hike being rated “moderate”, this is on the harder side of moderate...there are even some trails rated hard on this app that are much shorter and less elevation.

Amazing hike! Made it in a little less than 2 hours and was able to watch the sunset, but if you go that late make sure to have a fully charged phone or bring flashlights because it's hard to go back down in the dark. Heard there were moose but didn't get to see them:( Definitely a hike to do if you're in the area. Loved every second of it.

Did this hike yesterday with my cousins and his two little daughters. We didn't read the reviews well enough to know not to bring young kids. This trail is not for young kids, however the oldest at 6 years old did about 2.75 miles with no trouble. Even with the bad judgement call on our part for bringing them, the hike went very well. This trail gets slightly steep at some places. The views at the lake was well worth the struggle. It's pretty much a steady incline all the way up. Bring plenty of water! I would definitely do this trail again, just minus young kids, a moving backpack was the biggest struggle.

Not for young kids! Overall a great hike. Strenuous toward the end. Worth the hike.

what a beautiful hike!

Went out last night, spent the night and came back down this morning. One of my favorite trails along the Wasatch front. I’d agree with the sentiment of most people, with the elevation gain I think this is in the harder end of the moderate range. Beautiful mostly shaded trail, and the lakes are spectacular

I would recommend this hike. Its beautiful all the way up and down. I would recommend hiking poles for sure. To help balance yourself while going through loose gravel areas and up/down large boulders. When you arrive at the the lake there is plenty of massive flat rock you can lay on and take a nap or have a nice lunch before you head back down.

SUPER rocky. It’s a difficult hike but leaves your legs hurting so good. The rocks do make your feet really sore by the end (even with good hiking boots) so definitely wear good hiking shoes. Lake Blanche wasn’t the prettiest lake so definitely check out the sister lakes if you take the hard trail all the way up there. One has a small waterfall and was pretty

We started this hike about 8:15am. The timing was good because most of the way up was completely shaded. Lake Blanche, Lake Florence and Lake Lillian are perfect jewels. We had no problem with bugs, plenty of harmless cicadas at the top. Hiking poles are a must. Would rate this hike more difficult than moderate.