Lake Blanche Trail

Lake Blanche Trail is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October.

Beautiful mountaintop lake, awesome views, and abundant wildlife. This is a demanding hike! Plan to stop several times to catch your breath. If you want exercise, this is the hike for you. It's a lot of work, but it is well worth it. The views down into the canyon below are breathtaking. Just prior to arriving at the lake, parts of Salt Lake City are also visible from the trail. There is plenty of wildlife and an abundant variety of trees, flowers, and everything else Utah's great outdoors has to offer! This is a very difficult hike, but is very satisfying to complete. Everyone should do it at least once! ADVISORIES: Make sure to take plenty of water! Insect repellent is a good idea as mosquitos are plentiful. If you are planning this hike for later in the day, pack a flashlight (with fresh batteries) in case your journey takes longer than planned. Attempting to navigate the trail after dark would be a very dangerous endeavor.

Great trail and beautiful destination! Probably the best in Utah! Save some time for exploring all three lakes at the top and the waterfalls at the head of the outflow river. Quite literally at a loss for words in describing just how amazing it was!

Amazing... worth every bit of the effort!! Start early!!

This is absolutely one of my favorite hikes. Red Pine Lake is the only place I prefer over this one. Start early (4-5am) if you want to avoid a lot of people. It is very peaceful to watch the sunrise up here. I hiked another mile past the lake to see what was past it. There is a waterfall at the very back of a big open area. It wasn't very hard to get to and I was away from all the other hikers. I sat and watched the moose eating from the scrubs. If you want some separation I recommend hiking up (it overlooks Lake Blanche!). ---No Snow on the trail--- took me an hour to get up but I would say plan on 1 hr 30- 2 hrs if you aren't used to such a strenuous hike.

This is the first trail I've ever hiked in Utah, and it was awesome experience. I recently moved from South Florida and been here about a year. I would highly recommend this hike and make sure you bring some basics, like water comfortable hiking shoes and high quality foods. I was able to ascend to the lake within 1.5 hours. At the top you get a fee for the awesomeness and the reward is the view. I descended within 45 mins. After the hike of your out of shape like I am, plan on sleeping. I burned about 1200 calories and traveled over 18,000+ steps. It would be a great trial to train on for sure.

I did this last week.. definitely one of my favorite hikes of all time! Lots of areas to explore all around the lake and breathtaking views. This time was perfect because there were still snow-capped mountains but everything else was very lush and green. Highly recommend!

It took us a bit more than two hours to reach the top and a bit more than an hour to come down. But we spent quite some time on top. Besides Lake Blanche, there are also two smaller lakes and some water falls on top. We went there about 10 days ago and there were just some spots of snow, which we could handle with running shoes. Most part of trail was well shaded. It was quite windy on top, so it's good to bring a jacket just in case.

Hiked 6/17 for a one night backpacking trip. Steep and steady trail but very manageable. Water is always available. Only had to carry one liter at a time. Camped next to lake Florence. Much more secluded and quiet. Very busy trail with day hikers but at night it clears out. Only a few other campers. Views of the canyon and antelope island and the great salt lake!

beautiful hike, challenging, great work out!

Great trail with a beautiful lake on top. Not for the out-of-shape. Bring lots of water and lunch or snacks to enjoy at the lake. Very busy on weekends.

About 6 hours roundtrip, 7/10 difficulty. Most rewarding hike I've been to since moving to Salt Lake this year.