Lake Blanche Trail

Lake Blanche Trail is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October.

Beautiful mountaintop lake, awesome views, and abundant wildlife. This is a demanding hike! Plan to stop several times to catch your breath. If you want exercise, this is the hike for you. It's a lot of work, but it is well worth it. The views down into the canyon below are breathtaking. Just prior to arriving at the lake, parts of Salt Lake City are also visible from the trail. There is plenty of wildlife and an abundant variety of trees, flowers, and everything else Utah's great outdoors has to offer! This is a very difficult hike, but is very satisfying to complete. Everyone should do it at least once! ADVISORIES: Make sure to take plenty of water! Insect repellent is a good idea as mosquitos are plentiful. If you are planning this hike for later in the day, pack a flashlight (with fresh batteries) in case your journey takes longer than planned. Attempting to navigate the trail after dark would be a very dangerous endeavor.

beautiful!

This hike has several steeper areas, but for the most part it wasn't bad. We took along several smaller kids with us

This was a hard steep rocky trail. It was beautiful and amazing. We decided to hike around the 3 little lakes. We lost the trail several times. We crossed rivers, climbed over lots of rocks and went through thick brush. We hiked about 9 miles total. On the back side of the lakes we ran into LOTS of mosquitoes. Definitely bring lots of water, sunscreen and bug spray. I can't wait to do this hike again.

Great hike and beautiful scenery

Amazing hike. A little difficult at time due to some steep gradient but worth ever step when you get to the top !
Done it twice so far ! Most beautiful was last fall with beautiful colours !
Summer time great too, but don't think you can have a dip in the lake !!! It's freezing !! Only good to chill your drink for the way down !

One of my favorite trails!

Not in the best shape took us 3 hours up 2.5 hours down. Beautiful lakes and waterfall. But 2600 vertical feet is a real leg burner. Sitting by a pool resting today. Definitely one to check of your list.

The hike is very intense. The views are great but it is extremely difficult.

Great trail and beautiful destination! Probably the best in Utah! Save some time for exploring all three lakes at the top and the waterfalls at the head of the outflow river. Quite literally at a loss for words in describing just how amazing it was!

Amazing... worth every bit of the effort!! Start early!!

This is absolutely one of my favorite hikes. Red Pine Lake is the only place I prefer over this one. Start early (4-5am) if you want to avoid a lot of people. It is very peaceful to watch the sunrise up here. I hiked another mile past the lake to see what was past it. There is a waterfall at the very back of a big open area. It wasn't very hard to get to and I was away from all the other hikers. I sat and watched the moose eating from the scrubs. If you want some separation I recommend hiking up (it overlooks Lake Blanche!). ---No Snow on the trail--- took me an hour to get up but I would say plan on 1 hr 30- 2 hrs if you aren't used to such a strenuous hike.

This is the first trail I've ever hiked in Utah, and it was awesome experience. I recently moved from South Florida and been here about a year. I would highly recommend this hike and make sure you bring some basics, like water comfortable hiking shoes and high quality foods. I was able to ascend to the lake within 1.5 hours. At the top you get a fee for the awesomeness and the reward is the view. I descended within 45 mins. After the hike of your out of shape like I am, plan on sleeping. I burned about 1200 calories and traveled over 18,000+ steps. It would be a great trial to train on for sure.