Lake Blanche Trail is a 6.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Sandy, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October.

Distance: 6.9 miles Elevation Gain: 2,706 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Note: Because this trail lies within a protected watershed, dogs and swimming are not permitted in the area. The gate to the parking lot may close in the winter, making parking much more difficult and along the road. Though demanding, this hike has it all: beautiful mountaintop lake, awesome views, and abundant wildlife. Plan to stop several times to catch your breath. The views down into the canyon below are breathtaking. Just prior to arriving at the lake, parts of Salt Lake City are also visible from the trail. ADVISORIES: The trail does not start at the information board labeled "Lake Blanche Trail." The trailhead is 1/4 mile from the parking lot right beside the creek coming down from the drainage. Make sure to take plenty of water! Insect repellent is a good idea as mosquitos are plentiful. If you are planning this hike for later in the day, pack a flashlight (with fresh batteries) in case your journey takes longer than planned. Attempting to navigate the trail after dark would be a very dangerous endeavor. In the winter, Spikes and poles are highly recommended.

Great trail! As an asthmatic nurse with poor sleep patterns, I found this to be a hard hike. The elevation gains are steep, but there are no fouls in taking breaks, the views are beautiful. There were patches of mud- mostly just snow melt towards the top. Lots of rocks/ boulders to climb over, but very manageable. I’d say the route is about 75% no shade, bring sun protection and a snack for the top. Lots of people climbed up in running shoes, but I highly recommend trail shoes *with* ankle support. I made it to the top and you can too!!

One of my favorite hikes of all time. The almost 3k’ elevation gain over 3.5 miles is a good leg smoker, and will make you earn the stunning views around the lake. Pack a snack! We booked it up, enjoyed a couple of beers up top, then ran down, and it took us 4 hours.

Difficult and long but a beautiful hike.

5/28/20 This is my first time here with no snow. The views were incredible. The topography was stark and beautiful, glacier carved stone surrounding three lakes. In fell in love immediately. I’ll be back.

Excellent time of year to hike this trail. Some snow at the top but minimal.

Hiked 5/27/20. Beautiful hike! Definitely steep at parts, especially towards the end, but totally worth it for the view going there and at the top. We started at about 9:30 so the heat wasn’t a big problem until coming down but if you go on a hot day or later in the day it might be rough. There is some shade throughout but not during the whole hike. A little snow at the very top but it’s probably already melted. Really beautiful views of the wasatch, a little of the valley (and the gsl), and the aspen trees, and the lake and Sundial were stunning. If you go a little further west-ish from the lake on the rocks there are two more smaller but really pretty lakes. We also saw four deer, two snakes, and a marmot.

I see why this hike had a bunch of 5 star ratings. Beautiful views all the way up and back. Getting to the top is heaven, and it was a work out for me. All things I look for in a trail.

This is a great hike, I wouldn’t call it hard if you are fit. Most people can do this and it would be a great hike to introduce people to the great Utah outdoors.

it took my breath away, it was hard for me but well worth it.

We are beginner hikers and the hike was definitely very challenging but not impossible and very rewarding! A bit of slippery snow at the top but we did it with regular tennis shoes and were totally fine. The views are breathtaking!!

This is a beautiful hike BUT is freaking hard, it says it's only 3miles but it feels like 10! The first mile or so is easy peasy lemon squeezy so enjoy it, the last mile is the hardest one but it has the most amazing views and of course at the end the lake blanche! I was about to give up but I kept thinking "is the last mile woman! keep going" and I'm glad I did! hiking poles and hiking shoes make a huge difference and are of great help up and down. This is a review from a 30yro who only does 2-3 hikes a year (moderate mostly) and is overweight. So if I did it you can do it too, just be prepare and enjoy it! :)

Hardly any snow on the trail, a little at the very end that’s tracked down. Go early to avoid groups - popular trail.

Incredible!!!

Amazing experience. A bit muddy near the top with some snow. Did not find the trail to be too difficult and got up to Lake Blanche in 2 hours. (5/24/20)

This trail was a marvelous relief from Covid 19. Come refill your lungs with some fresh CO2. A bit steep at the end but nothin the average joe couldn’t handle.

My favorite trail. We started at 9:00 AM and were at the top by 10:50. There was some snow but not enough that we needed to take out our spikes. Absolutely beautiful as it always is!

Incredible hike. Very challenging (2700’+ elevation gain) but extremely rewarding. Lots to explore once you reach the lakes. Of all the hikes we’ve done in the Salt Lake area, this was our favorite. Still a bit of ice and snow along the trail, especially the closer you get to Lake Blanche. It rained a bit while we were hiking so the trail was a bit muddy on the way back down.

recorded Lake Blanche Trail

Trail kind of boring. Epic views from the top though.

beginning of trail is very smooth, with the last section rocky and still snow covered (5/22). great views and wildlife.