Lagoon Trail

Lagoon Trail is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Farmington, Utah that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

This is an easy, paved trail through tall trees and following the Farmington Creek. This nature trail has many species of native trees and brush together with sites of fenced Elk, Buffalo, Horses and Cattle. Note the signs identifying the tree species along the path. Other wildlife including geese, ducks, small birds and mammals may also be observed. Four picturesque bridges cross Farmington Creek as you meander through a serene trail in the heart of the city. Connecting access to the entire Farmington Creek Trail is available at the northerly and southerly termini of this trail.

The trail was really cool! I went with my brother and two dogs and we had a blast! The trail goes around the backside of lagoon, allowing you to see Rattlesnake Rapids and some of the pavilions. They also have bison, antelope, horses, and cows that you can see while walking on it. It was really enjoyable!

Fun little walk with the kids, baby and wife

We love this trail! Easy access, easy walk! Great for my old dog who is easily tired.

More of a walk, but great for our 6 month old puppy to start out on!

Fun for the kids, but I wouldn't call it a hike. It's literally as casual as walking down the sidewalk.

Easy and ideal for kids.

Good walk. Not really something I would consider a hike. Good for a small easy walk to kill time.

My family loves this trail. Super easy. Great for little kids. Strollers and trikes are perfect here.

This is the perfect trail for kids! We had kids in age from 9 years to 18 months and they all loved it. There are two parts to this trail. The first part seems like it dead ends at a road, and is pretty short. If you head west down this road, the trail will pick back up on your right. You'll see the little Carousel sign showing where it picks back up. This second part takes you over a couple bridges, goes under a road and takes you all the way to the base of Farmington Canyon and to the little pond there. You can't park right by the trailhead as there are signs, but we parked at the Junior High down the street and that worked perfectly. Seeing the Lagoon animals was cool and sad since their cages are so small, but the kids loved it.

Only downside was that the trees were blowing cotton (or whatever it is) EVERYWHERE! So much that the kids could pick it up and shape it into cottony snowballs.

Loved it! We did it briefly on a Sunday afternoon. Perfect trail for the time we had.

We parked at Farmington Pond and walked to the Lagoon Campground. The trail gets split, markers are pretty good. At one point you cross a dead end road to get to the Lagoon Trail. It was a bit confusing at first, would be helpful if they had signs. LOTS of shade! Nice stroll! Be aware family photographers are out - especially in the evening for prime lighting. Other than not enough signs at times, we loved it! It was fun seeing the elk and buffalo in the theme park as well as we walked by.

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

I would recommend starting at Farmington pond and making your way back toward lagoon. There are more parking options at the pond. Enjoy some time playing in the stream at the pond on a hot day!

Friday, October 14, 2016

Nice short trail with good spots for family photos.

Saturday, October 01, 2016

Quick little paved walk with lots of things to see /explore if you are a small child or a small dog

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

We like to ride our bikes on this one as a family. Even our little kiddos can ride on their own because it's a nice, paved trail.

Monday, August 22, 2016

short and largely flat until close to the lake. large ly shaded. goes by Lagoon. multiple trailheads and facilities are available. good for kids.

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

This is always an enjoyable trail. Very easy and mostly shady. Sometimes you get the screams of people at Lagoon as background noise. Also look for the birdhouses hanging in trees.

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

This is a beautiful, easy trail. Something the whole family can do. It's well shaded year round. Buffalo and elk from Lagoon are visible. A pond at one end and lots of beautiful bridges. We have done family pictures here before. It's more of a Sunday stroll, not a Saturday hike. It's fun.

Friday, April 22, 2016

Love this trail. peaceful and very few people.

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Wonderful paved trail for family walks. You can start at the gazebo on State St. and go all the way to the pond. A great stroll for tiny ones in buggies or anyone using a wheel chair, although there are a few places on the trail that may be challenging if you aren't used to pushing wheelchairs on small hills. As in all of nature, the personality of this trail changes constantly with the seasons.

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Beautiful trail, a lot of benches and tables. Very easy for kids, good for scooters and bikes. entirely paved, so more of a walk then a hike but still nice.

Monday, March 07, 2016

Really good trail for a beginner or someone who is just starting on walking.

Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Great for very small kids. The whole trail is paved and my kids like to to take their scooters.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

My family and I rode bikes on the trail, we only went as far as the duck pond but it was beautiful throughout. The good: Great path to ride with any bike, with children and even pets, the weather (breezy and brisk) trees and falling leaves made it a perfect Sunday for us. The bad: Unfortunately due to it being picturesque, it also makes it ideal for photo shoots. I understand wanting to get great shots but to block riders especially when one of them was obviously shoeless as he fell into the pond, we shouldn't have had to be asked if we needed to get by...ummm yes please...dripping wet, 40°'s. Other than that, I loved seeing the animals at Lagoon. I personally would not go here when Lagoon is open, I like to enjoy quiet nature.

Saturday, August 01, 2015

Not really ever completely in nature on this one--lots of fencing, backyards, and noise from Lagoon. Great for runners and dog walkers, though.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Was looking for the Farmington Creek Trail and ended up here instead. Fun little trail for the morning - goes right by Lagoon park so it's great for the kids, they can see Buffalo, horses and deer. More walking than hiking really. Also - the map directions told me to turn left on 200 W, but there is no left turn on 200 W. Take 300 W instead and it cuts right through the middle of the trail.

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

This one of the best neighborhood trails I have been on. I took it from the Highway all the way to Farmington Pond. It is beautiful the entire trip. We went one time this year and picked Blackberries, Apples, and Pears along the trail. I is shady year around and don't forget the Buffalo and Elk along the way. Fun for the whole family.