Lackawaxen and Bloods Lake Loop

Lackawaxen and Bloods Lake Loop is a 3.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Brighton, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Gorgeous view from the 10420 peak. It was very windy though, so we didn't stay long. We did the anti-clock loop. The path from the pass (parking lot) to the peak is not very long but VERY STEEP!

So fun for dogs

great hike, loved it. wish I brought a floating device and swim clothes.

Did this hike this morning and it took me 1 hour to lake and then 40 minutes back to the parking lot. Both lakes are beautiful! The trail wasn’t clearly marked in some areas and there were a lot of forks in the trail so many times throughout this hike I luckily had service and pulled up this app to check if I was going the right way. I would have done this faster had I not gotten lost when I got to the peak on the trail. All sides were rocky and it wasn’t clear at all where to go. I must have taken the wrong path but the view up there was amazing. You could see 4 lakes down below.

So if you’re wanting to do this trail, when you get to the parking lot and see the trails, go right up the mountain. If you just want to go to blood lake, take the left trail.

Today was beautiful! Went at 8 am on a Sunday, parking was okay, full but we found a spot in the lot. When we left at 1pm the police were ticketing parked cars up and down the street that were over the white lines.

The hike was beautiful!! It was a steep challenging hike but fabulously worth it. Even went swimming in Lake Lackawaxen, which was awesome. the hike could have been done faster but we had sone people not used to hiking and took many breaks and a big break to take a swim.

Also, there were tonz of dogs on this hike.

TAKE BUG SPRAY. MOSQUITOS ARE HORRIBLE. We borrowed some from someone on our way.

This hike down to Bloods Lake used to be one of our absolute favorites, especially to take the dogs swimming. It was serene and beautiful and lightly trafficked. But now the place has become completely overrun with partying teenagers. If you’re looking for loud music, kids screaming on rope swings, an incessant flow of hikers in flip flops and swimsuits and no peace and quiet this is your place! Went there last weekend to show some visiting friends the trail and couldn’t even find a place to park at the top. You know it’s gotten bad when the forest district put Porta potty‘s at the head of the trail. Maybe need to continue on to Lakawaxen and other lakes to get away from all the kids. But there are so many other better places to go

This seemed like it would be a great hike, but there were so many mosquitos you could never stop to rest for fear of being eaten alive! They found every place I neglected to spray with bug spray. We went around 6:00 in the evening so maybe it was just the time of day. It would have been a great hike if not for the bugs.

BEWARE OF MOSQUITOES! This trail is beautiful. Very easy walk to get to a stunning lake. The last part is down hill and a little steep so wear good shoes and watch your ankles. Also be sure to bring bug spray or you WILL be eaten alive (maybe that’s why it’s called bloods lake

Did this hike yesterday and had a blast! Beautiful views. If you do the full loop, the first part is pretty steep, but the view from the top is worth it! Will definitely do this hike again!

Lackwaxen Lake is much prettier that Blood Lake