Kolob Arch via La Verkin Creek Trail

Kolob Arch via La Verkin Creek Trail is a 13.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Cedar City, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is accessible year-round.

The trail begins at Lee Pass and passes by the open finger canyons of the near-by cliffs as it travels along Timber Creek. After coming around the corner and within view of La Verkin Creek, the trail descends the slope down to the creek bottom on a hard packed trail. Once on the creek bed, the trail heads up stream offering amazing views of the surrounding cliffs. The trail is 7 miles from Lee Pass to Kolob Arch, one of the main destinations of the route and possibly the nations largest free-standing arch. From there you can continue up canyon to Beartrap Canyon and Willis Canyon to extend your trip or offer day hiking options. This is a great area to spend a few days. This trail is best in the spring, summer and fall. The trail typically has snow in the winter that can remain until early spring. Camping is in designated sites only and is available for reservations online or on a walk-up basis. Their are 13 backpack camps along the trail

Did this hike today-it was very muddy but overall an enjoyable hike. It does get pretty long on the way back. If you continue on the trail beyond the sign saying trail is done, you can get up to a nice rock area with a better view of the arch.

It took us 5.5 hours, 15 miles to hike to the arch, this sign is small and the arch is up high if someone wasn't there to point it out we would of hiked passed it. Amazing views along the way, well worth it, easy hike if you can endure the milage.

The arch is huge but the trail really doesn't get very close.

The arch was a bit anticlimactic, but the scenery was quite unique. Love the red desert stone and landscape. We saw a Sonoran King Snake and a rather large Garter Snake, but otherwise uneventful trip.

great overnight backpacking trip campsites 7-10 have great places to filter water and plenty of trees for hammocks

The trail is pretty easy, it's mostly level. To get to the arch, our app tracked 16 miles, as opposed to the 14 advertised. The arch is a little difficult to see, and it's hard to get really good pictures, but it was still really cool. It took us about 8 hours to complete the hike. The waterfall next to the arch was actually my favorite part.

The views and the nature around the trail was beautiful. However I didn't think that the hike was worth seeing the arch. I thought the arch was going to be something right in front of us but it was very far away. Also there and back for the hike was around 16 miles.

Very good hike. We hiked about 5 miles in and camped for a night before continuing the next morning to the impressive arch and then hiking back out. Most of the campsites are alongside La Verkin Creek and you need to reserve them at the park office. Some are a little better than others, but there's not a huge difference once you get to the ones near the creek. We did it in November and only saw one other person during the entire hike.

Fun hike!

Very beautiful winter hike! Lots to explore!

Went in the summer in mid July. It was hot in the afternoon but cooled right on down at night, not cold though. It is one of the best overnighters I've done so far, I think it was campsite six or seven my buddy and I had, if I'm correct is on the other side of the creek and tucked away. Most of the sites by the creek are great all the same. There is enough distant between campsites you probably won't hear people(unless they are boy scouts haha). The water was so nice since it was hot. I brought a lifestraw which was perfect. We saw the arch in the morning. It is a considerable distance away, a sign saying look up is at the end where the arch stands, it makes you chuckle when you read the sign and look up like a dumb tourist. I would take a tent next time if its the warm seasons, because of bugs. We listened to "The Way of Kings" on Audible by Brandon Sanderson to make the hike pass by which made the scenery more epic and complimentary to the words being said lol. But overall its an awesome place.

Long day hike, usually done as an overnight. Water access available on trail, be sure to bring filtration system.