Killyons Canyon Left Fork

Killyons Canyon Left Fork is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Emigration Canyon, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

First half is nice. Second half is really overgrown. Walked through some grenery which resulted in some allergic reaction in my arms and legs, but not my daughter. 90% in the shade, and parallels water, so cool in temperature.

Since there is no parking at the trailhead, I dropped the kids (15, 11, 9, 7) off there and let them get a head start. I parked about 3/4 of a mile away and hoofed it up there and met them up the trail a little ways. The trail had nicely packed snow and we were fine in our hiking shoes and snow boots. I love the contrast of white snow with the red bark twigs. This little hike followed a pretty creek and had some easy ups and downs. We stopped at the stone marker for Killyon’s Canyon since the trail beyond was really muddy. Great little hike!

Fun winter trail. Playground.

Nice & not too crowded. You cannot park at the trailhead, so go ahead pull over to park when you start seeing signs to do so.

A bit overgrown and the felled trees to cross were a bit rough. Overall great hike for Emigration Canyon. Shade for over 90% of the way. So many hummingbirds.

Tuesday, June 06, 2017