Killyon Canyon to Lookout Peak

Killyon Canyon to Lookout Peak is a 9.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Emigration Canyon, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We've been out here with our 4 year old son and dog recently and it was great for them. The stream was nice for our dog to get a drink and cool off in. My wife went back alone and wanted to go to the lookout peak and she missed the left fork turn (it would be nice if they had better signs but there are not at this time). She's going to go back again soon. Just be prepared at the 3 way intersection to take the left to head towards lookout peak.

I ran this out and back in about 2.5 hours. It was a Friday evening and I only saw a few people the whole time which is nice. The wildflowers are great as you begin to climb and the view is nice at the top! The parking on Killyon Lane is 0.5-0.75 miles from the trail, so plan for that.

Sunday, August 03, 2014