Kaysville East Mountain Wilderness Park Trail

Kaysville East Mountain Wilderness Park Trail is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kaysville, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Short hike acessable year round The Kaysville East Mountain Wilderness park Is a fantastic place to go when you are in the mood for a short hike. At just over a mile it can be easily done in less than an hour and it’s a great place to bring the kids. You will also find some exercise stations where you can enhance your experience with some additional physical exercise. This short loop trail is suitable for hiking or biking and can even done on cross country skis in the winter. This trail head is also an access point for the Great Western Trail and the Bonneville shoreline trail.

Took my 7 and 4 year olds for a sunset hike while visiting Grandma. Only 5 minutes from home. Not sure which trail is the actual east mountain trail but we walked on A trail. Saw numerous signs with arrows pointing different ways. Since I didn't know the way and the trail is pretty close to town, I just let the boys take turns picking which path we'd follow. That worked great and the boys liked it. We followed trails labeled Upper Crest, Connection, Graveyard, and Bamberger. Again, not sure which trail we were supposed to follow but I wasn't too worried about getting lost. After a bit, I started strategically picking which way to go at the forks and we ended up back at the parking lot. Clocked 1.6 miles. The trail is pretty level in most places, couple of short steep sections. Some exposed areas and some really heavy overgrowth "tunnels" that the boys liked. Overall, pretty good. We'll go back and try different directions or maybe find the real path.

I agree that it's a "great little Little trail" but I disagree about it being marked. I had to retrace my steps several times to get back on the trail. Thank goodness I could follow my steps on the map.

Pretty easy leisurely hike.

Monday, July 18, 2016

Nice little area, the trails are intertwined but for the most part they were marked. (Green circle/black diamond etc.) We would have hiked around a little more but due to getting out so late (after 10am already almost 90 degrees) and a leaky water bottle, we had to cut the hike short. There is an orienteering course for those who would like to practice using a compass. And a few geocaches in the area, though we didn't search for them at this time. We will definitely give this little trail another go in the future. (Hiked with lots of kids from age three to teenagers, grandma and a dog.) The kids really enjoyed it.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Fabulous easy hike for kids. About 2 miles, mainly flat. Beautiful.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Saturday, July 02, 2016

I enjoyed this little trail for more of an evening stroll than a hike! Watch out for snakes! Almost stepped on what looked like a rattler resting under a rocky patch of the trail! There were a couple different paths with difficulty levels marked. I would like to go back earlier in the morning to explore some more again on a different path but it was a little disconcerting hearing the gun shots from the rifle range!

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Monday, May 23, 2016

Friday, April 22, 2016

I really enjoyed this trail. It was great for beginner and intermediate mountain biking. It had a little bit of everything to start and to challenge yourself. I will be doing this again to strengthen my bike handling skills on the mountains!

Sunday, April 03, 2016

My 6 kids all under the age of 13 did this hike yesterday and they loved it, I have never seen them want to do hikes ever

Friday, September 20, 2013

I needed an easy hike today. This hike was perfect for that. There was water for the dog, plenty of choices to make and it was a loop, so we didn't have to cross the same track. The only downside is it is next to a shooting range, so the dog was put on leash when we felt we were to close. The 2yr old did great, she had a small nap so she did want to be carried about 3/5 the way in. Overall, I really enjoyed it.