Learn more

Kaysville East Mountain Wilderness Park Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(178)
East Mountain Wilderness Park

Kaysville East Mountain Wilderness Park Trail is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kaysville, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Length 1.3 mi Elevation gain 170 ft Route type Loop

Description
Waypoints (0)
Contact
Getting There

Short hike acessable year round. The Kaysville East Mountain Wilderness park Is a fantastic place to go when you are in the mood for a short hike. At just over a mile it can be easily done in less than an hour and it's a great place to bring the kids. You will also find some exercise stations where you can enhance your experience with some additional physical exercise. This short loop trail is suitable for hiking or biking and can even done on cross country skis in the winter. This trail head is also an access point for the Great Western Trail and the Bonneville shoreline trail.

City of Kaysville Utah (801)546-1235

From Hwy 89 in Kaysville turn East on 200 North then turn Left (North). Follow the road around as it turns to the east for about a third of a mile you will see a large sign at the parking area Kaysville East Mountain Wilderness Park

Weather
UV Index
Daylight
Reviews (178)
Photos (65)
Recordings (154)
Completed (311)
Kyle Yu
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 30, 2020
Mountain biking

Not fun. Super boring. Not what I expected based on the photos. Super lame. Would rather go to Fruit Loops 10 times out of ten

Megan Wells
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 28, 2020
Hiking

The trail was wide and well marked until the last 400 feet. The AllTrails app had us walk out through tall grass that ended in barbed wire. We back tracked and took the Bamberger mountain bike trail out. There are many connecting mountain bike trails, but we had no problem sharing the trail at any point. I talked to a mountain biker at the end of the trail and she says the trail has been changed with recent construction and that's why we probably didn't end as anticipated by the map. There's another start to the trail in the parking lot I'll probably try next thing and try and take the trail clockwise to see if that leads us out better.

View Megan's Recording
Shelly D.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 26, 2020

Hiked this trail with my dog on a cloudy cool evening. It alternates between sun and shade so it probably gets hot during the day. At first, I really enjoyed the trail. It was wide and well marked. There are lots of bike trails and it connects to the Bonneville shoreline trail so plenty of options. But about halfway through, I got confused about where to go. Alltrails showed I was on the right trail but it turned into a narrow path clearly intended for mountain biking not hiking. We were lucky because not many people were out that night but if it had been a busy weekend, we could have run into bikers and had nowhere to get off the trail to let them go by. This is an accident waiting to happen. Also the end of the trail takes you through very tall grass that covers the trail and you then exit down the street from the trailhead and have to walk up the street to get back to your car. There has to be a better trail than this. I should also mention that even though I didn't notice bugs when walking, when I got to the car I realized I was covered in bites. My dog also did not like the sound of gunshots at the shooting range nearby or the smaller sharp rocks they apparently dump in sections to maintain the main trail. This is a probably really fun for mountain bikers but I wouldn't recommend this particular trail for hiking.

Brantley Scott
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 25, 2020
Hiking

This is NOT a stroller friendly trail. It was short and labeled easy, but there were spots where the trail was very rough both up hill and downhill. Also towards the end of the trail there was some very tall grass and an area I had to take my son out and carry the stroller overhead. I’m allergic to grass pollen so my arms got a ton of little welts on them. Not a trail I will do again.

View Brantley's Recording
Jeff Cunningham
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 12, 2020

This trail is very easy. Plenty of bike and running trails. This trail has a compass orientation course. The course is perfect for a beginner course. The course is fun for kids. Their are five camps sites with fire pits and picnic tables. Their are two bathrooms and water fountain at the small parking area at the trail head. I would give this trail a five but it's always busy no matter the time of day I go.

JaLane Donaldson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 4, 2020
Hiking

Took my 5 yo on this trail twice in the last two days. Once mid day and he loved seeing the lizards and then in the evening. It’s an easy trail to follow and hike for little kids.

Savanna Deal
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJune 21, 2020
HikingNo shade
View Savanna's Recording
Preston Knight
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 14, 2020
Hiking

An easy walk through the scrub oak.

View Preston's Recording
Kelvin Bloxham
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 13, 2020
HikingBugs
View Kelvin's Recording
Alicia Miller
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMay 26, 2020
Hiking

I did this hike with my 2yr old and it was perfect. We saw a snake, birds, and a squirrel. He could walk 90% of it on his own.

View Alicia's Recording
Adrienne Dixon
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 24, 2020
Hiking

Great walk for little kids, had enough space on the trail to keep a good distance from everyone, and everything is very green right now.

Damara Simmons
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMay 21, 2020
Hiking

Lots of trails in East Mountain. I like to explore new ones and enjoy trail running. Some areas are shaded and some are exposed.

Sarah Eaton
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMay 19, 2020
Hiking

Wouldn't recommend. After reading previous reviews I decided to just stay on the main path to avoid getting lost. About half mile in there are several spots where the trail splits. I don't think I would have made finished the full loop with out the app. Very confusing.

View Sarah's Recording
Jayden Bowles
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMay 11, 2020
Mountain bikingRocky

I want to give this trail five stars, but unfortunately I can’t because of how hard it is to find your way on certain trails. I should clarify it only gets confusing when you take one of the side trails. The main trail is very easy to follow and wide enough to drive a car on, but obviously you cannot because it is not open to cars. The views are absolutely gorgeous, and the trails are pretty clear. It is a great mountain biking trail but you’re bound to get lost a couple times. The side trails have a couple wooden bridges and toys. They also have a couple of jumps and good downhill trails.

View Jayden's Recording
Yaq B
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMay 9, 2020

There are some really cool aspects to this trail, like little cacti and fun side trails. There are some downsides too like it being poorly marked, so much so that you can easily end up on someone's private property by mistake. Another one is that it loops back to the road that leads in to the trail head and can have your four-legged friend walking on hot asphalt for a moment as cars squeeze by you. Its also honestly quite packed with cyclists, so if you don't keep a close eye on your children they could get taken out by mistake. I'd honestly not do this one with a group larger than two or if your kids are any younger than 4 or 5. Its easy if you consider just the terrain, but the other things I mentioned kind of muck it up a bit, I think.

Jeff Eschler
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 2, 2020
Mountain biking

Loved it! A lot of branching paths with great variety.

View Jeff's Recording
Staci Fikel
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 1, 2020
HikingRocky
View Staci's Recording
Julia Giddens
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarApril 18, 2020
Hiking

I give it a big meh. It’s close to my house so I was hoping I would love it but it was not great if you just want to hike. There were a ton of mountain bikers which was fine but they wanted to ride side by side which forced me over off the trail into the grass. There are much better hikes in the area, but I will say this would be good to take kids on. Just no fun for a solo adult hiker.

Vanessa Vander Linden
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarApril 3, 2020
Hiking

This trail is under construction. Lots of bikers but not a ban trail.

Lauren Armour
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMarch 29, 2020
Hiking

Perfect trail! Super easy flat hike with dogs

Deserea Dunn
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMarch 25, 2020
Hiking

Part of the hike loop is closed has to turn around and go back to a campsite trail to cut into. It is a bike trail so if you go that way then just watch for bikers.

View Deserea's Recording
Michael Hildebrand
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 11, 2020
HikingIcySnow
View Michael's Recording
Sam Williams
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 11, 2020

fun trail. there are lots of side trails that you can wander off and explore.

Dallin Swiss
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarNovember 9, 2019
Hiking

This is a great hike for kids and adults alike. Easy going and well-marked. even with the two year-old it took less than 2 hours.

View Dallin's Recording
Chris Smith
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarNovember 8, 2019
Hiking

Ryder did so much better!!

View Chris's Recording
Zachary Carson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarOctober 12, 2019
Backpacking

Easy little trails, perfect for my babies.

View Zachary's Recording
Riley Chugg
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 8, 2019
Mountain biking

My go to trail for mtb practice. You'll find a lot of us locals biking around and most hikers/runners I've come across are kind and have trail courtesy on the main paths. I've noticed some sections are washed out a bit recently however (August 2019).

Paul Tingey
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 21, 2019
Hiking

great trail...fair amount of people there...been seeing alot of trash and dog dookie on the trail lately...i dont like that...but otherwise nice trail to walk if you just want to get out and see nature...

View Paul's Recording
Paul Tingey
Hiking

great trail...fair amount of people there...been seeing alot of trash and dog dookie on the trail lately...i dont like that...but otherwise its a nice trail if your lookin to just get out and see some nature...

View Paul's Recording