Kanarra Creek Canyon Trail is a 4.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Kanarraville, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 4.3 miles Elevation Gain: 734 feet Route Type: Out & Back

fee

Please note there is an $12 permit required to hike this trail. You can purchase permits at https://www.kanarrafalls.com/. The trail can get a bit wet at times, so you may want to consider bringing waterproof shoes.

Adventurous hike! You will get wet! Water was very cold on 5/31, but you do get used to it. I wore soloman water shoes and later added smart wool socks under as I was starting to get blisters. Should have started off wearing the smart wool it was much more comfortable and a bit warmer. At first the trail just follows a dirt road, eventually you get to the creek and cross through several times while also hiking up the banks. Figured out on the return hike it’s sometimes easier to just stay in the water. Made it up the first waterfall (ladder) no problem. The 2nd obstacle was the log; this was easier than it looked. Then you get to what they call a natural water slide (don’t try this it’s steep and not deep at the bottom! Basically another waterfall.)- keep going! After this is a gorgeous slot canyon that leads to the ‘last’ waterfall that they advise against climbing now. There is a rope and the remnants of a ladder directly in the flow of the falls. A few young men in front of us tried it and made it up by basically climbing the rope with just their upper bodies. No one else with them or in my group even attempted. By our count following All trails this put us at over 2.5 miles in. There was a crowd at the ladder on the return trip. Lots of people taking their time getting their insta shots. 5 stars for this hike! My kids ages 12 and 14 loved it and had an easier time maneuvering through than their old parents did :)

1. Book in advance $12/person. You DONT need any special kind of shoes. Sneakers are just fine. Bring backpack with snacks/sandwiches/water, sunscreen. About 3 hr hike. We started at 12 Noon and weather was 80s F. 2. It was so beautiful and fun! Not hard to do at all. You can go through the river (water goes up to your ankle at first the beginning) or through dirt paths. At some point you will have to get your feet and legs wet. 3. After the 2nd waterfall there’s a really nice area where there is a waterfall that looks like a slide and people stop to eat their packed lunches. Really nice. Don’t leave your trash. Most people turn around here. 4. If you continue going about 5 more minutes the water will get just right below your knees and there is a last waterfall where not many people go. It has a rope you can climb up but the waterfall is very strong and cold. A couple of us got up there and you can see the path still continued on but we got back down and made our way back. 5. Highly recommend! I saw kids as young as ages 6+ and even a couple with a baby who got past the second waterfall. I wouldn’t recommend that but .... yeah. Anyway see pics posted

Definitely recommend getting an online ticket for this one. As another reviewer put it, "it's a Narrows Lite". Try this to see if you want to do the Narrows. Narrows is amazing but this trail is definitely no slouch. Water temps are cold but nothing anyone who's hiked a mountain stream can't handle. Water levels in this one were never much over the ankle to mid calf. Get the tickets and go. You'll be glad you did.

Absolutely stunning and fun! One of my favorite hikes! Definitely coming back to visit soon.

I loved this trail, the only think I didn’t like was the flies! They stick on your body.

One of my favorite hikes! So beauitful.

fee

One of the best hikes I've ever done. it was gorgeous scenery, shaded and sunny, slight incline and half the hike is through water and slot canyon. It was an incredible experience.

Extremely fun hydro hike with a few gorgeous slot sections. This trail is like a Zion Narrows Lite with some fun obstacles thrown in There are three main obstacles: the ladder at the first waterfall which is unconventional but seemed sturdy, the log-and-rope climb after the first waterfall which was a little sketchy but doable (most people turned around here), and the ladder and loop rope at the last waterfall which was the most sketchy and placed directly under the falling water as of 5/26/20 (I've seen pictures of it placed in more convenient locations previously). I'm all for adrenaline and taking calculated risks, but even this was too dicey for me and I turned around here. A girl in her early 20's ahead of me did the climb and highly recommended it, FWIW. I felt the area before the last waterfall was the most beautiful slot segment I started off in standard hiking boots and changed into water shoes at the second river crossing. My feet were cold but fine until about the final waterfall where the cold became very intense. I'd recommend neoprene socks in addition to water shoes if you plan on going out this far Starting the hike around 10am there was little traffic, but on the return at 1pm there was congestion at the first ladder

This trail is quite an adventure! If you start at 8:30am end of May, the parking lot was empty, but it’s barely 40 degrees outside; as you hike you start to strip away some layers. I wore water proof Keen hiking boots with Smartwool socks thankfully because you’re constantly in above ankle water. I put on my water shoes but my feet froze. Thankfully I packed another pair of socks. If I did it again I’d try neoprene booties. The trail isn’t well marked so just follow the creek; you’ll see where others have taken different trails. The slot & waterfall is so worth it all. It’s so unique experience.

Amazing hike. It’s been a long time coming for this one. We finally made it here and it was freaking awesome!!!

Amazing trial , I had to drive 6 hours from CA to Utah but totally worth it , I made it though the second layer which it could be a little bit dangerous if you’re not used to climbing but other that that it was an amazing hike , had to buy tickets in advance they sold out fast , I saw a couple of rattle snakes but I was okay with that just to make sure to watch out every step and the borders of the trial , make sure of wear river shoes or waterproof.

Doooooo this hike.

excellent trip. last part of trail closed due to rain. crossed a lot of Creeks freezing water. part of trail covered with bushes and trees, but still manageable. waterfall with ladder was worth the knee high freezing water. fun trip

This trail was so awesome. It starts out just okay but when you tuck back into the canyon and along the creek, it’s magical. Fun crossing back & forth over the creek. The water was super freezing cold!! Hard to make it to the very end but the canyon made it worth it.

Great hike, started early to beat the forecasted rain. Second upper ladder was washed away, so you can’t make it all the way up easily. If your willing to get soaked, you can make the second climb, but it’s gonna be tough. Overcast and cool with sprinkles meant no bugs! All in all, well worth the $12 to access. PS: your feet will get cold and numb and hiking sticks made balance much easier in the rocks.

Loved this Trail! It’s relatively quick 3 hours in and back. It’s a MUST to wear water shoes. I would say a good 70% of the hike is in water through the stream. It’s freezing and your toes will definitely get numb... but aren’t the most beautiful things the hardest to get to? Not sure I would bring small children, rapids are rocky and climbing the ladder won’t be easy for them with water pouring over. also be sure to get a ticket in advance. It’s $12 a person. It’s sold out weeks in advance. I saw them turn away lots of people who didn’t know.

FANTASTIC Hike had so much fun lots of water on this one so waterproof shoes are a must. Second ladder was overcome by the water however and collapsed so we will be back

fee

Amazing trail. I definitely recommend waterproof hiking boots or reef shoes! This is one of my most favorite trails ever.

fee

Amazing ! Ideal spot for outdoor lovers. Water is quite cold, best to have river shoes and dry clothes for the trip back. The hike takes you towards two falls, the first has a ladder and cabling to help you up. The second waterfall was a bit of a challenge, the ladder is tough to access. Had some bugs around, citronella oil seemed to hold up well in fending them off. There are snakes too (rattlesnake, kingsnake) keep an eye on trails to avoid them. There is a fee of $12, about a two week out or so availability, when we booked. Overall an incredible hike, very pretty scenery. Well worth it!!

Overall amazing experience. You'll spend a lot of time in the water. Like others have said, the water is icy, but you'll get used to it over time.

fee

Great trail. Reservations only you have to make a reservation online advance $12 per person. Make sure you wear hiking Shoes. Alot of Up Hills. A lot of the hike your in water. So Be Perpared Freezing Cold Water walking to top. Beautiful Views thur out hike..Very much Worth it.