Jordan River Parkway Trail

Jordan River Parkway Trail is a 45.3 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Saratoga Springs, Utah that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 45.3 miles Elevation Gain: 692 feet Route Type: Point to Point

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

Great for biking or bird watching.

The app did not recognize my recording matching this trail, so I have manually uploaded it here. We entered the trail at 200W in Salt Lake City and went to the northern end where it connects to the Legacy Parkway trail. There are parts of this trail that are hard to follow, and there are some parts that are under construction. Overall, it's a nice trail, though.

Great for beginners. I felt like the only person around, although it is a trail that is often frequented. The trees are just beginning to change with the season, beautiful view of fields and of the lake. Paved path. Lovely.

I've been traveling this Trail for years especially recently when I'm done a lot of exploratory bike rides go through nature you go through neighborhoods to see all sorts of things there's birds there's small animals just make sure to be respectful to everyone else on the trail and enjoy!

I was rollerblading. great trail for beginners!

Love it You forget your in the middle of a city

Finley found entrance to Parkway where I am starting this ride is the entrance to the Utah Jordan River Parkway from Utah Lake

This trail connects to Legacy parkway in North Salt Lake so its nice if you want to go even further into Davis County. I rode about 34 miles of this path and it was beautiful. Not a lot of traffic either which was surprising because it was a Saturday. Very shaded on some stretches which was nice because it was a hot day.

This is a trail that does not feel like hiking. It is paved pretty much the whole way and generally really flat. You can do different sections. There are entrances and exits to the trail every mile or so. At times you feel secluded and then around the bend you are walking next to an office complex for the next 15 minutes. It is used by horses, bikers, rollerbladers, joggers, etc. So be prepared to be around people.

We got on the Parkway at 7000 south and went north until we hit the Murray City sign. It's not a long segment but it's one of the most beautiful. There were no signs of human habitation--no smells, no trash, etc. The trail was clean except for some wild goose poop. No dog poop. Everyone was using the receptacles. There were people running and biking but not too many because we were there when most people were in church. We saw the usual birds including some Canada Geese. Beautiful views of the mountains and the river.

Sunday, July 08, 2018

Trail is great for exercise at all levels! For more difficulty, increase the distance or do the whole thing, plus some connecting trails to the North. Also, the early morning after the 4th of July gives you a fairly empty path most of the way! ...did encounter 1 person that didn't know how to control her dog. But over a 74 mile ride that morning, that's pretty good odds!

Friday, July 06, 2018

Fun trail to get off main roads, great for beginners and casual riding

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Good easy hike for a beginner

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Nice walk along the Jordan river on a paved path

Monday, June 11, 2018

We have been on this trail several times, mostly biking, in the Saratoga Springs/ Lehi areas. The scenery is beautiful. There are some marshy areas and a lot of birds and some other wildlife. The trail is paved and it is a fun walking/ biking spot.

Thursday, June 07, 2018

easy for running since it's flat and paved. doesn't feel like you're in the city. but, it is fairly boring and the section between west Jordan and sandy has almost no shade and some areas smell like sewage. heavily trafficked even at midday in summer. I would try a different section but wouldn't run that section again.

Saturday, May 05, 2018

Enjoyed the walk. Different areas have very different feels.

Saturday, August 19, 2017

A little stinky in spots but mostly a flat, scenic place to run. I saw an otter by the river.

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Easy trail

Sunday, June 04, 2017

It was a nice trail to road bike on. There were some scenic views of the river and mountains along the way, which was really nice!

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

I love this trail! It's a nice safe way to get around Utah. It's full of gorgeous scenery. I've been on quite a bit of it, from Woods cross to Bluffdale I wish they'd fix a few rough patches on it. Especially when you get near downtown where it cuts off. But other than that. It's a nice smooth trail for running walking and biking

Monday, March 13, 2017

Much love for this biking trail! Been all along it many times and it never gets old. It always delights me and is a great natural oasis that weaves through cityscapes and beyond.

Monday, September 26, 2016

I try to ride a section of this trail on my bike every weekend if the weather and my schedule agree. I have gone from 90th South to Saratoga Springs and back and from 90th to 2nd South downtown and back and I would have gone farther but I ended up in some strange homeless shanty town. This trail is near my house and gives me a chance to feel like I'm getting out of the city when I'm really right in the center. The river is damaged and needs our help to be healthy again. My family and I walk, skate, bike and hang out in the parks all along this trail. An underrated asset in the middle of Salt Lake.

Monday, July 25, 2016

Did this a couple years ago for an urban hike. Nice, safe walk that is paved. We did 10 miles.

Monday, July 04, 2016

Loved it. Too hot today for walking, so we took our bikes. Lovely breeze. Not too congested.

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

I love the Jordan River Parkway! Some sections are better than others, but it's a great place for a leisurely walk

Monday, May 30, 2016

Friday, April 22, 2016

It was good for a long walk or run, very kid friendly we saw lots of animals wild turkey wild goose very cool!

Wednesday, September 09, 2015

This is a great all around trail for walking, running, or biking. I've also spent some time on the river in a kayak in the northern section of the trail by the Utah State Fairgrounds. The fun thing about this trail is all of the interesting things there are to see along the trail.

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Put in about 50 miles on it biking one day and it was a great little trail. No complaints besides how crowded it got but it was on a weekend.