Learn more

Jordan Lake Trail is a 12.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Kamas, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and fishing and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 12.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,581 feet Route Type: Out & Back

The Highline Trailhead is located 34.5 miles east of Kamas on the Mirror Lake Highway (U-150).

I did a little more than 12.1 miles due to a lack of signage (and let’s be honest, a lack of me paying attention). I realized I was WAY past the turnoff for Jordan Lake a couple miles down the Highline trail. Oh well. It was a really nice hike, water in abundance and it would be awesome to camp up there or on the blue lakes trail. I docked this one a star due to the missing signage (there were signs for everything else) as well as lots and lots of horse traffic and impact to the trail. After a day of horses trampling in the mud, the trail becomes less enjoyable for humans... but I know it’s a long-standing horsepacking route so I’m not going to complain... too much ;)

Had Jordan Lake to ourselves. Caught some trout. Took a day hike Shaler, Faxon, LeConte, Walcott, Blue, Morat, Evermann and back to Jordan. Bugs, while present, were not too bad.

Mon Aug 21 2017

A long stretch of Highline and very spacious along the sides of the lake but crowded with a handful of campers. We filtered water and took a rest stop here and as expected, there were tons of mosquitoes and other neat airborne bugs hovering around our faces most of the time

Fri Jun 28 2013

This is part of the Naturalist Basin. It is a lower lake on the eastern side. It does get crowed with campers so be courtesy and practice no trace camping. There are a lot of little meadows around the south side above the lake.

Sat Aug 30 2008

Hiked here and spent a cold night. It snowed overnight over Labor Day after a rainy night at Four Lakes Basin. The snow made it beautiful after the sun came out.

Tue Jan 26 2016