Jolley Gulch Trail

Jolley Gulch Trail is a 3.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Orderville, Utah and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and off road driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

off road driving

Started at sunrise. This is a gravel road until you get to the Gulch. Wow! What a view! The trail is easy to navigate since it is also an ATV trail. Didn't see the sun until I got back to the trailhead. Not a lot to see along the way but I did see a wild turkey and a couple of mule deer. The view is worth the walk though.

Monday, August 29, 2016

This quiet area is just down the road from Zion Ponderosa. The trail is an old road that is pretty sandy at times. We had rented a mini van so we didn't make it far on the road but an off-roading type truck or car could go as far as the yellow house. As you follow along the trail you begin to wonder if your getting anywhere and then you enter Zion National Park and then Jolley Gulch is straight ahead. Careful as it is a long way down. I crawled on my stomach to the edge and took pictures looking down as it was dangerous. There was equipment there for belaying down into the slot canyon so someone had gone down that day it appeared. It was a fantastic little hike that made for a great cap to the day of hiking we had just finished.