Jeep Arch is a 3.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Moab, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.6 miles Elevation Gain: 944 feet Route Type: Loop

4 minutes ago

It was a lot of fun when we went (May 23rd 2020) except it was really hot and pretty long! Make sure to bring a lot of water and take breaks. The end was well worth it & the view was awesome. Not many people were on the trail at all while the other trails were pretty packed. Super recommend!!

Go through the tunnel and follow the cairns! Interesting “arch” (hole?) and nice hike.

Great trail! Opted for this as the Corona/Bowie Loy was full—had the entire trail to myself! Abundance of cairns keep you on track. If you’ve gone more than 30 or so yards without seeing one, you might be off trail (as my recorded journey shows...) Not too strenuous and the arch/formation was expectedly rad. One thing to note: immediately at the trailhead, you’ll see a steep path up to the train tracks. Don’t be distracted by that! The actual trail presents itself after you walk THRU THE TUNNEL. Ha! What kind’ve bonehead would go up & over...? Face palm!

If you’re walking on railroad tracks you’ve missed the trail. (I share from experience.) After going through the culvert, begin going uphill and through the opening in the wire fence. Continue following the cairn trail provided along the entire path. It’s very helpful! A couple of my kids thought they weren’t going to survive the trek, but we live to tell the tale. Be sure to bring plenty of water. It’s a consistent climb heading toward the arch. Beautiful views. I really enjoyed this hike and was grateful to have somewhere cool to go with Arches and Canyonlands closed due to lame Corona.

A nice beautiful hike- the trail was not so clearly marked - so we had to go back and find it a couple times. Look for the rock stacks as your guide- they are mostly on the trail as marks. View from the arch is stunning! Bring water! @flybydre

This trail is beautiful. Hiked October 5th, 2019 - love the landscape and scenery. You actually get to hike right underneath the arch which is a perfect spot to take in the views and have a snack. Way better than being in the crowds at Arches

vroom vroom!

This was a neat little hike to an arch I had never seen before. Corona and Bowtie arches were crowded as usual, but we didn't see a single person on this trail. At the beginning you go through a metal waterway tube, turn left to go up to the railroad tracks then the trail will go uphill to your right. If you use the map it will take you on the correct trail. The trail crosses a bit if rock so you can't see the regularly trafficked route as easy, but it is marked with cairns the entire way. It is a gradual incline to the top of the hill which then levels out a bit more until you get to the arch. It isn't too difficult, but like any Moab hike it could get tiring and hot. You will be able to find shade and a spot to rest along the way if needed. The canyon seems to channel the wind which felt great for cooling down during the steepest parts. Once at the top of the hill you follow trails through the dirt and make your way across the plateau and hook to the right and you will see the arch. The arch looks like someone took a slice out of a red rock tunnel and placed it to stand alone. The arch beautifully frames the La Sal Mountains (I believe) which were snow-capped at the time of our hike. You will also get a nice view of the canyon that water has cut over time. You can go through the arch and there are rocks that work well as a camera stand to perfectly capture the scenery. Because the trail was mostly a gradual incline traveling to the arch we found it a decent trail to jog back on and made fantastic time coming back out.

Great hike in March. As you gain elevation great view back down the Colorado river with red stone cliffs. As you move further up you get some formations of Red rocks characteristic of the area and even reminded me of Zion Going further up the gentle climb in March the snow capped La sale mountains appear above the red cliffs. Spectacular view. I would take the lower loop on the trail. The upper is up much closer to the canyon wall and more difficult in the small section I did. You can take the trail all the way up to the arch and stand in but only way we found was kind of a scramble up. We did not locate the start of the upper loop and instead took a well worn trail past the arch opening and looped down and eventually back to trail we came up on. Generally trail is well marked with carions but a few times we got off course. You do have to do a fair amount of climbing over rock but nothing to tough. Dog did great. This was in several other reviews but there is little to no shade. We hiked in early March and it was a bright day and 49 at start and about 60 by the end. It was warm and we needed all of our water. Just light pants, sun shirt and hat and was sweating. Overall a great little hike. Views and some interesting terrain.

This hike was super fun! Our little dog loved it and made it no problem, with a couple of boosts at steeper spots. Beautiful views! It’s a nice gradual climb, and wasn’t busy.

Beautiful out and back trail with an amazing spire on the way to the arch!

This was my husband and I’s first time actually hiking so I don’t have much to compare this trail too but I had a great experience hiking this trail. The Trail was semi-hard to follow at times but we always found our way back onto it. The weather was perfect and we only saw 2 other people on the trail total. Our dogs came with us and absolutely loved it as well. This trail was definitely worth going to! I cannot wait to hike more after experiencing the beauty of this place.

The views are okay! Definitely better trails to do, like Corona Arch, before doing this one.

Follow the cairns! I would have turned around without them. Had the whole trail to myself.

This trail is not always easy to follow, but right now the cairnage is abundant. Maybe a tad too abundant, actually, but at least they all seem to be in the right places. So this would be a good time to go if you worry about losing your way. The issue with going off trail is not so much getting lost, as it is wandering off onto the fragile environment. This is the best time of year in Moab for weather and avoiding hordes. Even the trailhead for Corona Arch only had 4 cars.

Nice route with good views, didn’t see another person. Easy route to follow up the canyon.

This trail was a decent hike that took me about 2 hours to complete. The trail isn't overly well marked and I found myself off trail a handful of times. That being said, after doing a quick scan of the landscape, I was able to find the trail again and was usually not more than 5-10 metres from it. I got there around 11 AM, and there was only one other person on the trail, which made for a quite peaceful hike! There were also a few birds around. I did see some garbage on this hike though - please pack out all your garbage!

not well marked

Great trail and well marked. Good challenge for mid life hikers!

Trail is poorly marked