Jardine Juniper

Jardine Juniper is a 10.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Logan, Utah that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is best used from June until December. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

I love this hike. It's easily packable but I always do it in a day. There are some fun features like springs, a river and then a beautiful view. Definitely one of my favorite hikes especially because the snow doesn't keep me from hiking here!

Fun trail, nicely laid out. A bit rocky in some places. Great views. Only negative is the amount of horse poop. So watch your step.

Defiantly easy hike but a long one. I suggest spring or fall since the shade is limited. Wear good shoes you'll be walking on lots of little rocks. Bring lots of water and watch for bikes.

This is a really easy hike. It's slightly over 5 miles one way and offers spectacular views. We drove up from SLC and backpacked here overnight. The parking lot says it's for day use, but we paid for a "day use" spot and dropped the money in the box at the campground around the corner. We hung the receipt in the car and didn't have any problems. As far as the tree, I'm not sure how you could think it's unimpressive because it is absolutely magnificent!!! The contorted branches, the surrounding scenery, and the fact that life still flows through it. Sit on the bench and soak it in.

I hike this trail every fall, and am always blown away by the view and colors.

My family and I loved this hike! It was a good challenge for us! The views are beautiful.

This is one of my favorite hikes. The first mile and a half are kind of crappy because the trail is out in the open but once you cross the river it starts getting a bit better. Then you'll start to climb the switchbacks. There are some nice little springs along the way with the most delicious and refreshing drinking water you could ask for. I drink A LOT of water when I hike so it was awesome to be able to fill up on the way back down. Seriously, I want to bottle that water and drink it all the time. The tree is super cool too and well worth the hike. But that water man, it's good stuff. I've done this hike twice now and I plan to do it again.

This trail is not too difficult. It does have a gradual incline from the start until the last quarter mile to the tree. Scenery was nice. I was not too impressed with the tree. I guess I expected a little more of a wow factor, but overall it was a good hike. Lot of mountain bikes on the trail today, but everyone was very nice.

Amazing hike! Definitely a harder hike would recommend setting some time aside to get this done if you are inexperienced or a Slower hiker

Great views the whole time! Normally use it to hike, but have also snowshoes this trail... one of my favorites

Sunday, October 30, 2016

A great day hike. Juniper itself was neat, and the view was spectacular. Loved going through fields of wildflowers as well. Dealt with lots of large, biting flies near the top of the trail, however. Make sure to bring lots of water.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Not too steep, second half of out part is shady, cool tree at the end

Saturday, July 02, 2016

so beautiful! make sure to take plenty of water. took about 6 hours.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

The uphill is relentless, however, it is never more than moderate in difficulty. the only time it goes down hill is when you turn to the juniper. Take plenty of water, the trail is very dry. There is a little spring at about 2 miles. when given the choice of shady route and scenic route, take scenic first, and come back on shady! Beautiful flowers, and the views are amazing! Highly recommended!

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Hiked this trail today. Very nice! Weather was perfect and the trail is well maintained. Was a long hike...just over 3 hours up and a good hour and a half back but it was worth it. Took the shady path (there is a fork towards the top that splits between the shady path and the scenic path) and thought the views were amazing. Will try the scenic view next time.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

This was the first time I hiked this trail and it was great. The trail is in good condition and the hike was beautiful. The log book kept at the top near Jardine is gone though.

Saturday, April 23, 2016

This is a trail I would do again and again. Today was perfect, no one at the trailhead when I got there. I had the mountain to myself. It didn't take long to start hitting patches of snow, but it made even more enjoyable. The tempatures were suppose to be hitting 80 and I was glad to be here. Whoever mapped out this trail did an excellent job. There was not part of the trail that was ever over a moderate hike. I can't wait to bring someone back here and do it again.

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

We hiked did this trail in two days, setting up camp near the descent to Jardine. We really enjoyed it. I felt like it was fairly easy because of how mild the elevation gain is. Luckily we had a cloudy day but parts of this hike can get hot in the sun. We really had a great time reading through the registry and just feeling the power of Jardine. Not much water on the trail in September, just a small spring about 4 miles in. If camping, pack as much water as you will need.

Sunday, July 26, 2015

This is one of my favorite hikes. I recommend starting this early in the morning to avoid the noon day sun. I'm not the fastest hiker but at a moderate pace you can complete this in about six hours. However, you don't realize how long it's taking because the views are so breath taking. I hiked it but many bike the trail. Make sure to sign the logbook at the top of the trail near the tree.

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Awesome hike. The views are amazing pretty much the whole way. My first time hiking up near Logan and it was a great first trail to hit around there. Doing the whole loop at the top brought us in at almost 12 miles total for the hike. I suppose it's more like 10 if you take the "shady trail" near the top direct to the tree and back.