Jacks Mountain

Jacks Mountain is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike with amazing views of the Valley. Great workout and worth making it all the way to the top.

Love this hike. It's very rewarding, steep and strenuous. Great workout! There was hardly any snow last week amd we didn't use spikes.

The headlamp hike to Jacks Mt last weekend was good. I love the tributes at the summit. Heart warming stuff. I decided to proceed to the to the ridge line behind to the east. WORST MILE EVER. I ran out of deer trails altogether and found out that rocks are hard and shins are softer. My own mistake. Socked in at the top so no payoff. I'll turn around after summiting Jacks next time.

pretty decent hike to make you lose your breath and keep you winded, but in the end it's an amazing hike.

Pretty muddy this time of year, including icy patches. I did wear my MicroSpikes for better grip. It's worth the climb to the top, especially to watch a storm front roll in. This valley is even more amazing from above! The Buddha shrine and mail boxes at the top make it even more entertaining.

Great hike. Short but strenuous. Awesome cardio on a time crunch.

Really rewarding night hike. Lightly traveled right now.

Seriously a bit*h of an ascent, but worth it once you come to the summit.

Great hike for cardio. View at the top is awesome!

Good, short hike. would rate as medium difficulty. Great views!!

Steep and fun to climb! We saw a baby rattle snek so be aware! The views were absolutely stunning!

This one is a leg burner for sure. The trail is easy to follow and the views are pretty great. You gain elevation fast! The monument to Jack is heart warming.

Loved this hike! Very rewarding at the top :)

This is a can't miss for gorgeous views of Salt Lake City. It is very exposed so bring plenty of water on a warm day. There are some slick spots as well so trekking poles might assist with confidence when you are on the return trip. For a more in depth description with photos, take a peek at my blog post:

Short and steep. Great views from the top and the most tender little memorial. Plan on spending some time at the summit reading and/or writing in the journals ❤️

I used to hike this mountain in the 80's. I'm now 64 and this was my first time back up in 29 years. Steep, fast climb and worth every step. Found the memorial to little Jack Edwards on top and it added a whole new dimension to this hike. I buried a time capsule on the summit with my kids in 1989 but couldn't find it. I love this hike!

Trying to get back in shape and this was one of my first hikes since the trailhead is walkable from my home. Very steep heading up, with some slippery spots but as others have mentioned, worth the effort.

Jack's peak was quick, hot, and gorgeous! There was a little shrine at the top where you could write in a journal, look out into the Salt Lake Valley, and reflect. Awesome hike - looking forward to doing it again!