Jacks Mountain

Jacks Mountain is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Short and steep. Great views from the top and the most tender little memorial. Plan on spending some time at the summit reading and/or writing in the journals ❤️

I used to hike this mountain in the 80's. I'm now 64 and this was my first time back up in 29 years. Steep, fast climb and worth every step. Found the memorial to little Jack Edwards on top and it added a whole new dimension to this hike. I buried a time capsule on the summit with my kids in 1989 but couldn't find it. I love this hike!

Trying to get back in shape and this was one of my first hikes since the trailhead is walkable from my home. Very steep heading up, with some slippery spots but as others have mentioned, worth the effort.

Jack's peak was quick, hot, and gorgeous! There was a little shrine at the top where you could write in a journal, look out into the Salt Lake Valley, and reflect. Awesome hike - looking forward to doing it again!

The beginning is a little steeeep, but well worth the views. Watched the sunset and would def recommend!