Israel Canyon Trail

Israel Canyon Trail is a 8.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Saratoga Springs, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

This trail/road provides access to Lake Mounting Peak where you get view of Wasatch Front from Salt Lake Valley to Mount Nebo

off road driving

Drive this with the RZR quite often. It's a fun and quick ride.

Reminder to people to take your garbage back with you and not leave it on the mountain.

Note: this trail does not open to vehicle traffic until mid May due to “weather” according to the sign at the gate.

Not really what I expected, wanted to hike to the top to see the view but didn’t want to be shot by a stray bullet from the groups of people shooting at the base of the trail -_- turned around and left

This is one of my favorite places to hike just because it's so convenient to my house, and it's easy to adapt to the amount of time I have to hike. Just past 3.5 miles from the base (dirt parking area), there's a rocky trail that cuts off to the left. It's not bike friendly because there's lots of rock. However, it's my favorite route to get a nice view about 1/2 mile from the top where the cell phone towers are. Past the outlook, the trail is all rock, so you'll want sturdy shoes. It would be terrible up there for the casual hiker in flip-flops. Also, if there has been rain, the main trail (also traveled by bikes, 4-wheelers, and Jeeps) gets very muddy! Like hiking-in-cement-boots muddy, so this hike is really best for either dry or snowy weather.

Went with a group of scouts. It is a steep trail in some areas, but it was a good hike. We didn't go all the way but I will do it all some time. You hike along an access road the whole time, so it isn't glamorous, but it was good.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Sorry- this was a let down for a hike. (Even though the view was beautiful from the top.) Straight up on a very rocky road isn't what I was looking for. The 4x4s passing cause a huge dust cloud. We did see snakes, lizards, and humming birds. We took our kids on this one, and didn't see any other hikers. I think this would be a great dirt bike/ 4 wheeler trail- but this trail is far from ideal for a hike.

Saturday, May 27, 2017

it is a graded road up until you get close to the top of the mountain then it rides the mountain ridge from end to end . it was way prettier then i thought it would be, and the 360 panoramic view is the stuff wedding proposals are made of. there are off road trails big enough for a side by side but not a jeep in certain spots...but those are avoidable. this is an awesome sunday drive in your 4x4 with your significant other or entire family. pictures will never do it justice. as far as scenery on the trail doesnt get cool until your about half way to the top. It will surprise you how big the space on top of the mountain really is. it is litered with antenna towers along the top of the range. i will be bringing my family back for a half day adventure.

Sunday, May 07, 2017

Awesome views! great trail! I went on a Saturday and there was a decent amount of traffic, mostly razors and dirtbikes and people shooting guns, less traffic once you got into the actual canyon! I live in eagle mountain utah and will be doing this trail again for multiple uses!

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Hiked on 5/21/16 and 6/14/16. Trail is on the road. Nice walk, except the last 0.5ish mile to the top. Small, slippery rocks... walk on the sides. View from the top is beautiful. Nice quiet Sat morning hike up with dogs. Many trucks and ATVs were heading up at about 2pm when we were walking back down. The Tuesday we hiked up, we were completely alone except for one Rocky mountain power truck.

Monday, November 14, 2016

Really a fun hike. best part is no one else really thinks to hike it. my advice is to get to the top via isreal canyon, and if you can arrange for a shuttle, then take the ridge north for like 4 or 5 miles and it'll dump you right into silver lake in eagle mountain. be careful during hunting season. view from the top are epic

Monday, November 14, 2016

We hiked this today with the whole family and our dog. We only hiked up to the little handmade teepee and back which was about 2.3 miles. Pretty easy hike. There is a lot of vehicle traffic on this trail, including ATV's, Dirt Bikes, etc. Had fun looking around for "treasure" as our kids call it but decided to head back when we noticed a lot of people target shooting in the area. Sunday was probably a popular time for folks to go shooting up there so we weren't too alarmed. We will probably be back to do the full hike to the top but will choose a less busy time. There are some amazing views of Utah Lake up this trail and definitely worth the effort!

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Great view from the top.

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Fantastic hike. Picked up by a Raser for the last half of the ride!

Sunday, April 17, 2016

This is a very nice early season hike if you want to avoid snow and mud with a great view of the Wasatch Mountains from North Salt Lake to Mount Nebo

Sunday, June 18, 2017