Iron Canyon Trail

Iron Canyon Trail is a 2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Park City, Utah that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Really nice trail located in Park City. Nice view of the Canyons. Nice Aspen and Pine to walk through. A little steep in some places but a great day hike.

Hard

Short hike, but good workout due to elevation gain. Nice view.

Nice hike, took about an hour to get to the top at a slow pace. There was a moose on the edge of the trail. Great view of Park City at top, the way up was thru lot of pines and large birch trees. Hiking effort was moderate. Parenting effort was difficult. Obviously I am not a very good motivational speaker. Below is my daughter Elena’s review (age 12):. I rate it as 4 stars but I had to compromise with the critic below.

From Elena: View was great. I do not trust those people who said it was moderate! I think this hike has ruined hiking for me. The only reason this review has three stars is because I had to compromise with my dad, if it was my decision I would have given it one star. It was not worth the strenuous walk though. I don’t think I will ever do this again! It says moderate but in my opinion it is beyond difficult. If you do this hike you will not enjoy it if you are out of shape. Make sure to bring lots of water if you do do this hike. I feel like I could have used my time better than going on this ginormous, terrible hike. I recommend a more easy hike called Donut Falls. Much more kid friendly.

Absolutely awesome hike. Definitely steep as the other reviews mentioned, but only took about 45 minutes to the top so it’s doable. The view is 100% worth it. Be careful coming down, there are a lot of loose rocks easy to slip on.

This I feel should be more on the difficult side. straight up climb with a lot of shade, but once on top there is a bench you can sit on a take on the beautiful view. Coming down the loose rocks will slide under foot so go slow! However I would do this one again.

never too crowded, beautiful views of park city, and well-shaded throughout

Beautiful trail, steep rocky areas, a constant climb to the top! Not too crowded today! Great hike

The steep trail was worth it once we reached the top!

Was hard to find and looked overgrown. We didn't start it, just turned around and went to another trail (Rob's Trail) instead.

Great trail, nice incline, shaded, not too crowded but did see some hikers. The trail head is not marked. It is located where there is no parking signs in between two residential driveways. Before then scenic view, the trail splits and it looks like it could take you to a ton of Park City trails.

Trailhead not marked but once your on the trail you’ll be going uphill for 1 mile to a magnificent overlook. Trail is aspens/spruce and firs with very few clearings to hike through. Only saw 13 people and 6 dogs. Mostly rocky trail

This is a steady climb and good workout, not a super long hike. Will be a bit more difficult if you’re not used to altitude because of climb but very doable. Hiked at dusk yesterday and nearly ran into a moose!! Last week I hiked up to mid mountain trail instead of summit. Very nice trail but current noise pollution from Colony construction infringes on what would be a fabulous hike. Don’t recommend hiking the mid mountain portion at this time if you enjoy solitude and nature.

Wasn't prepared for the steady incline. Thought about turning around, but knew I was near the top so kept pushing through. View from the top really nice. Had a hard time finding the trail head, which is in the middle of a cul-de-sac. Glad I did it, but probably want to try other trails before repeating.

Good view at the top of the trail.

Amazing ❤️

Awesome.

Perfect quick hike with an amazing and kind of unbelievable view at the top! I finished in 1:15

This trail totally exceeded my expectations. Quiet, lush, a nice steady climb, and only a few friendly travellers along the way. I appreciate having a secluded experience and this definitely checked that box. Gorgeous views from the top! And the nice bench up there was a pleasant surprise.

Great trail for two reasons - very few people and so can take your dogs. In fact most people we run into on trail have dogs. If you hate dogs please stay off this trail and don’t ruin it for the majority of people who love dogs

A little tricky to find parking; make sure you obey all signs. I only saw 8 other hikers! Uphill and all big rocks. Beautiful scenery; mix of shade/sun! Loved it! The view from the top is worth the climb...

The entrance is. It marked at all. If you follow the map it will take you there but you have to be looking for it. There is really no where to park you have to park down the street. Well worth the hike for the view up top.

Nice view at the top, plenty of flowers and birds. A bit rocky throughout but not too bad.

This was a vigorous hike for me. Second one of the season and for that matter like the 4th hike I’ve ever done... it’s steep and rocky and narrow hiking path... the entrance is not well marked and we went up
Several driveways until we found the starting point. It took us about an hour to get to the city view at top... going up was the harder part but well worth it... just take it slow since it’s steep. Loved the shade from the trees and kept us cooler without the sun beating down on us.

All up hill but the view at the top makes it all worth it!

Nice morning hike. We did it in 2 hours (mid 30s males, good shape). Saw kids doing hike as well. Incline entire way but great views at top. Hiking sticks at entrance to trail. Majority is through woods, so is shaded.

Our two year old was able to hike the first quarter mile up, but we had to put her in the carrier for the rest of the hike.

The hike up is mostly surrounded by trees until you come up at the end and get the view you've been working for. It's very peaceful, but quite a workout since it's steep and straight up. Bring a snack to eat at the top. There's even a lovely bench to sit on!

This was our second trail hike in Park City for a long weekend trip. This trail is double track wide with lots of rocks. We still found icy patches and snow up to on May 7th. For us it was challenging but very rewarding with the views at the top. Do yourself a favor and grab a hiking stick at the trail head. There are piles of them there. You’ll be glad you did especially for the trip down!

Awesome hike! Local guy from Park City said it’s the best in town. It’s April 23rd and there was still snow on the top half of the trail—we almost turned around because we weren’t prepared for snow, I just had regular shoes on—but thank goodness we didn’t!! The view at the top is so worth it!! Overall the trail isn’t too difficult, the snow made it a bit harder, I imagine when it is all melted it is pretty easy. We are fairly fit and do Orangetheory a couple times a week, but are from Dallas so we definitely aren’t used to going hiking regularly and aren’t used to elevation or snow. I’m so glad we made it to the top it really is an amazing view!

Great hike all around! Definitely need good boots as the trail was completely covered in snow and it is a decent incline. Beautiful wooded landscape throughout and lightly trafficked. Close to Park City but you feel like you’re more remote!

We started out just hiking towards the beginning because the snow was a little more packed, but saddled on the showshoes towards the middle of the trail and it was perfect. Weather was great, not too steep. Woodsy and beautiful! Brought my dog and she loved it as well.