Iron Canyon Trail is a 2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Park City, Utah that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Really nice trail located in Park City. Nice view of the Canyons. Nice Aspen and Pine to walk through. A little steep in some places but a great day hike.

About 3/4 of the way up the trail got super icy. We had to turn around before the top due to the icy conditions. Some decent views along the way up. Wouldn’t recommend in the winter

A very beautiful trail up to the lookout over Park City. A bit slippery in the snow, but a good trail to start the week on. Finding it was a bit tricky given no signs at the end of a cul-de-sac in a neighborhood, but just park down the road a bit and look for the trail at the center of the cul-de-sac.

Great trail with amazing views. It’s definitely on the steeper side, but like others have said it’s short so it’s manageable. Not being from the area parking was a little confusing as their are no parking signs all over at the trail head. I found a spot a little further down the road that seemed safe to park. Overall this was a gorgeous hike, I’d highly recommend it.

Pretty in the fall. Nice view spot. Rocky and uphill all the way out and downhill all the way back.

We picked the perfect week to hike in Park City. With the temps being in the 60-70’s and the fall color’s popping- this hike’s views were heaven - especially at the top. Thankfully it’s on the shorter side because of the steepness. My legs not being conditioned to take the downhill, they were a little wobbly by the end. It was a great workout in a beautiful location and I will definitely do it again. I will try to post some pics.

Do this hike in the fall for some beautiful aspen and leaf views! Steep in parts but short so it didn’t seem super hard. Also doesn’t take too long so perfect if you only have a few hours.

View at the top is magnificent.

Fun fall hike!

Hard

Short hike, but good workout due to elevation gain. Nice view.

Nice hike, took about an hour to get to the top at a slow pace. There was a moose on the edge of the trail. Great view of Park City at top, the way up was thru lot of pines and large birch trees. Hiking effort was moderate. Parenting effort was difficult. Obviously I am not a very good motivational speaker. Below is my daughter Elena’s review (age 12):. I rate it as 4 stars but I had to compromise with the critic below.

From Elena: View was great. I do not trust those people who said it was moderate! I think this hike has ruined hiking for me. The only reason this review has three stars is because I had to compromise with my dad, if it was my decision I would have given it one star. It was not worth the strenuous walk though. I don’t think I will ever do this again! It says moderate but in my opinion it is beyond difficult. If you do this hike you will not enjoy it if you are out of shape. Make sure to bring lots of water if you do do this hike. I feel like I could have used my time better than going on this ginormous, terrible hike. I recommend a more easy hike called Donut Falls. Much more kid friendly.

Absolutely awesome hike. Definitely steep as the other reviews mentioned, but only took about 45 minutes to the top so it’s doable. The view is 100% worth it. Be careful coming down, there are a lot of loose rocks easy to slip on.

This I feel should be more on the difficult side. straight up climb with a lot of shade, but once on top there is a bench you can sit on a take on the beautiful view. Coming down the loose rocks will slide under foot so go slow! However I would do this one again.

never too crowded, beautiful views of park city, and well-shaded throughout

Beautiful trail, steep rocky areas, a constant climb to the top! Not too crowded today! Great hike

The steep trail was worth it once we reached the top!

Was hard to find and looked overgrown. We didn't start it, just turned around and went to another trail (Rob's Trail) instead.

Great trail, nice incline, shaded, not too crowded but did see some hikers. The trail head is not marked. It is located where there is no parking signs in between two residential driveways. Before then scenic view, the trail splits and it looks like it could take you to a ton of Park City trails.

Trailhead not marked but once your on the trail you’ll be going uphill for 1 mile to a magnificent overlook. Trail is aspens/spruce and firs with very few clearings to hike through. Only saw 13 people and 6 dogs. Mostly rocky trail

This is a steady climb and good workout, not a super long hike. Will be a bit more difficult if you’re not used to altitude because of climb but very doable. Hiked at dusk yesterday and nearly ran into a moose!! Last week I hiked up to mid mountain trail instead of summit. Very nice trail but current noise pollution from Colony construction infringes on what would be a fabulous hike. Don’t recommend hiking the mid mountain portion at this time if you enjoy solitude and nature.

Wasn't prepared for the steady incline. Thought about turning around, but knew I was near the top so kept pushing through. View from the top really nice. Had a hard time finding the trail head, which is in the middle of a cul-de-sac. Glad I did it, but probably want to try other trails before repeating.

Good view at the top of the trail.

Amazing ❤️

Awesome.

Perfect quick hike with an amazing and kind of unbelievable view at the top! I finished in 1:15

This trail totally exceeded my expectations. Quiet, lush, a nice steady climb, and only a few friendly travellers along the way. I appreciate having a secluded experience and this definitely checked that box. Gorgeous views from the top! And the nice bench up there was a pleasant surprise.

Great trail for two reasons - very few people and so can take your dogs. In fact most people we run into on trail have dogs. If you hate dogs please stay off this trail and don’t ruin it for the majority of people who love dogs

A little tricky to find parking; make sure you obey all signs. I only saw 8 other hikers! Uphill and all big rocks. Beautiful scenery; mix of shade/sun! Loved it! The view from the top is worth the climb...

The entrance is. It marked at all. If you follow the map it will take you there but you have to be looking for it. There is really no where to park you have to park down the street. Well worth the hike for the view up top.

Nice view at the top, plenty of flowers and birds. A bit rocky throughout but not too bad.