Indian Trail is a 8.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ogden, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The Indian trail loosely traces the old Shoshoni Indian path used in ancient times to get out of Ogden Canyon and onto the salt lake plain. The trail is heavily forested and, even though you are close to Ogden, has a wilderness feel to it. The trail is well maintained and cool even in the summer. The Indian Trail is a moderate hike that ascends through lush evergreen forest and past interesting geology. It climbs steeply into Ogden Canyon, winds in and out of Warm Water Canyon, climbs to "Nevada Viewpoint" on the ridge between Warm Water Canyon and Cold Water Canyon, and then descends to into Cold Water Canyon near the Cold Water Canyon Trailhead. You can hike it out and back, or arrange a shuttle and hike from Trailhead to Trailhead.

We love this trail. But about three weeks ago my dog got suddenly sick and passed away after hiking in the same spot on this trail two days in a row. I am wondering if anyone else had a similar experience?

Beautiful trail, take your time and really enjoy the views.

one of my favorites especially in the fall. beautiful colors and views. I start at 27th or 22nd.

Starting at the Cold Water Canyon trailhead for this hike there was a large congregation of wasps blocking the trail about 0.75 miles in. They were attracted to the water that flowed over the trail and there wasn't a good way around them. We decided to turn around and hike a different trail in the canyon instead.

Great hike! I would suggest having two vehicles. One at 22nd Street and one at the canyon trailhead.

Love this Hike I like to go up there from 22nd Street and look at the beautiful scenery.

Love this trail. It is great for a longer hike, with some elevation gain.

Beautiful hike. Good workout with great views.

Great trail for an out and back!

Loved it.. started from the chimney on 12th St in shade.. so glad last portion to 22nd St where 2nd car was parked was all in sun. Saw all bridges, tee pee, cabin/fort, awesome overlook.. best hike I’ve done all year.. well Adams is still my fav.. and ate some wild raspberries... 3.5 hrs..

Started at 22nd st trailhead to the other and back. Should have shuttled but only had one vehicle. Confusing part when past the emergency shelter, remember head left. Took 4 hours round trip.

Hiked Indian Trail this morning from 22nd Street to the trailhead in Ogden Canyon, then shuttled back to the start. Totally enjoyable, moderately challenging, great scenery. Will do this one again. Only problem was the dog owners who disregard the leash requirements. One of the members of our group had a dog, leashed, which was attacked by an unleashed dog from another group. Simply inexcusable on the part of the dog owner. Hiking time: 2:06:47, distance: 4.52 miles, elevation gain: 1,852 ft.

I finally completed this entire trail on my second try. Using this app on my cell was extremely helpful as I tend to occasionally find myself on an off-shoot of the trail I'm supposed to be on. This was quite the hike. Medium skill level maybe but I would say it more changes throughout varying skill levels. There is a little cabin (lookout) at about the halfway point. It's worth pushing yourself that far. This was about 1.5 to 2 hours in for me. (3 hours for the whole trail, 22nd Street Trailhead to trailhead in the Ogden Canyon). When you start to head down toward the river, you will find a campground that has a tee-pee type structure built next to the firepit. Very cool. Several more campgrounds, a little man-made waterfall and four bridges later, Eureka...I made it!

Beautiful trail, gives variety of path from easy to a bit challenging. Goes along the ridge opening up new views along the way. Beautiful wild flowers and a view of waterfall from afar. You will encounter view of great salt lake and snowy tips of the summits.
Would hardly recommend to anyone

I hiked this trail with my sister, brother-in-law and daughter. We went a couple of miles, but had to turn back to go to massage appointment. Beautiful views of valley and canyon!

Great hiking! Started from 22nd street trail head. First 2 miles are steep up hill and little hard, but we enjoyed the amazing view and nice breeze coming through the canyon! We did about 4 miles today, and definitely would like to finish the whole trail next time.

We made it to the overlook point and had lunch. I would suspect this hike is really hot during summer. We went when it was a little windy to keep cool.

My husband and I did this hike with my little sister on March 4. There was a decent amount of snow, but my little sister made it without spikes or snowshoes. We only went in about 1.5 miles before turning around.

If you go during winter, wear your Yaktrax. Beautiful hike with great views.

Beautiful trail! Definitely a moderate; nothing crazy, just a few steep areas to watch out for. Went all the way out and back from 22nd street. Great trail for running.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

This tail is so pretty right now with all the fall colors!

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Absolutely beautiful in Sept. If you start on the 22nd street side be prepared for an incline. It's uphill for about 1.5 miles.

Sunday, September 17, 2017

this was a very nice trail. it was maintained really good and pretty easy to hike, at least to the second bridge. I took my 3 year old and 4 year old and they had a great time. it is really steep for the first half mile but after that was pretty smooth, and by smooth I mean Rocky, sailing.

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Beautiful hike. I hiked this part way 3 years ago but my knee started giving me problems so I had to turn around. I wish I could have kept going.

Friday, August 11, 2017

This was epic. I loved it. Some great vistas and making it to the top was really rewarding. Bring a ton of water if it's hot because once you get about 3/4 of the way up it gets steep and hydration is key

Monday, August 07, 2017

Really great view of the city and of Ogden Canyon.

Thursday, July 06, 2017

This has become one of my families favorite hikes. The section from Ogden Canyon to the Nevada Viewpoint is mostly shady and not too difficult. There are a few places where the drop offs are very hairy, but the view at the top is beautiful. We have never run into rattlers ourselves, but several others in passing have seen them and gave warning.

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Started this trail from the 22nd street trailhead. It was pretty steep right from the beginning but eventually leveled off somewhat. There were bees at every turn for the first 3 miles. A lot of the photo ops people are posting aren't until you hit the last mile which just takes you to the road along Ogden Canyon. There was no grand peak or waterfall if you're looking for something spectacular at the end of the hike, I wouldn't recommend this. Just a long 4 mile hike through the rocks and trees and a few steep drop offs so be careful not to slide downhill.

Saturday, July 01, 2017

I wasn't that impressed with this hike. Some of the views were pretty but other than that the hike was pretty boring. There are bees everywhere it is kind of a nuisance. There are a couple sketchy parts where if you lose your footing you could fall to your death. You start at 22nd street and end in Ogden canyon or vice versa.

Thursday, June 29, 2017

This is one of my favorite trails.
once you make it to where the trail follows the stream, it becomes shady and beautiful.

There are places to backpack in and camp, but watch out for glass. there are a lot of broken bottles from drinkers who want to ruin it for the rest of us.
imo, if you're going to drink, use a flask, you don't have to worry about it breaking and your more inclined to pack it out afterwards. and it's lighter than glass usually. That's what I prefer to do anyway.