Indian Trail

Indian Trail is a 8.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ogden, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The Indian trail loosely traces the old Shoshoni Indian path used in ancient times to get out of Ogden Canyon and onto the salt lake plain. The trail is heavily forested and, even though you are close to Ogden, has a wilderness feel to it. The trail is well maintained and cool even in the summer. The Indian Trail is a moderate hike that ascends through lush evergreen forest and past interesting geology. It climbs steeply into Ogden Canyon, winds in and out of Warm Water Canyon, climbs to "Nevada Viewpoint" on the ridge between Warm Water Canyon and Cold Water Canyon, and then descends to into Cold Water Canyon near the Cold Water Canyon Trailhead. You can hike it out and back, or arrange a shuttle and hike from Trailhead to Trailhead.

This tail is so pretty right now with all the fall colors!

Absolutely beautiful in Sept. If you start on the 22nd street side be prepared for an incline. It's uphill for about 1.5 miles.

this was a very nice trail. it was maintained really good and pretty easy to hike, at least to the second bridge. I took my 3 year old and 4 year old and they had a great time. it is really steep for the first half mile but after that was pretty smooth, and by smooth I mean Rocky, sailing.

Beautiful hike. I hiked this part way 3 years ago but my knee started giving me problems so I had to turn around. I wish I could have kept going.

This was epic. I loved it. Some great vistas and making it to the top was really rewarding. Bring a ton of water if it's hot because once you get about 3/4 of the way up it gets steep and hydration is key

Really great view of the city and of Ogden Canyon.

This has become one of my families favorite hikes. The section from Ogden Canyon to the Nevada Viewpoint is mostly shady and not too difficult. There are a few places where the drop offs are very hairy, but the view at the top is beautiful. We have never run into rattlers ourselves, but several others in passing have seen them and gave warning.