Ibantik Lake Trail

Ibantik Lake Trail is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kamas, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

From Kamas, take the Mirror Lake Highway (Highway 150) 27 miles to the Trial lake. Exit west onto a paved road, and travel about a mile to a fork in the road, Then turn north for another mile to the trail-head.

Caught 6 trout on a fly with bubble and 2 with powerbait. Great spot.

This lake is absolutely beautiful as well as the entire hike. There are many great views. The weather was great. It does get cold at night so a jacket is recommended even in the summer. We had a mountain goat come right through our camp and hang around for quite awhile. On the hike back the next day there were eight mountain goats climbing across a ledge and we were able to watch the young ones jumping back and forth amount the rocks and gaps. I highly recommend this trail. My eight year old daughter was even able to hike the whole thing.

Great hike! Many lakes and wildflowers. We saw 3 adult mountain goats and 3 babies(kids) right by our camp site. Got really cold at night.
Hike was mainly hard towards the end getting to the notch then hiking down to Ibantik.

Did this hike 8/3-8/5 stayed one day at ibantik and fished great hike in east to find and follow trail.

Awesome and very eventful 2 day backpacking trip. We started out Saturday morning at Crystal Lake Trailhead. 4.1 miles to Ibantik. So many pretty wildflowers and lakes on the way. The trail itself was awesome to hike. Pretty easy. The notch was the hardest part, and that isn't bad. We passed many people on our way in, and luckily only had 3 parties out at the lake Saturday night. We actually had a really close encounter with a family of 6 goats, who took a liking to our campground while we were at the lake.

We got to jump in the lake a couple times, and headed back out Sunday morning. There was a search and rescue out there for a man missing for about a week. Please be prepared with GPS and maps when you go into the woods folks!

Did this hike on 7/31/17. I started at the ibantik lake trail head where the crystal lake parking lot is. The trail itself wasn’t bad at all. The hardest part was getting up the notch, but even then I didn’t find it that difficult. The views from the notch are awesome! Ibantik lake was surprisingly crowded tho. On my way back I ended up taking the Clyde lake trail so it looped around and ended back at the crystal lake trailhead. This is a great hike if you wanted a quick day hike or a long one you can spread it it as fast or as long as you’d like. A bunch of different lakes to explore and check out.

This is a really beautiful and easy backpacking trip. It is about 4m one way in to Ibantik. It has become very crowded over the last couple of years. Get there early to pick a good spot.

Scenic hike. The first mile is pretty mellow and then the climb is pretty constant. The lake was super crowded, 30ish people or so and everyone was within 50 feet of each other. Bugs were moderate and went dormant during the night.

The bugs near Meadow lake were HORRIBLE! Bring a Thermacell even if you have to sell your car to get one. Such a beautiful area and the hike is only challenging near the notch.

Two words: BUG SPRAY. Trail is extremely crowded until you get up past the Notch. Then the number of people thins out drastically. There is still some snow on the downward trail after the notch so watch for the switchbacks to stay on the trail. SUPER runnable. Went all the way up to Meadow Lake/Seymour Lake for a total 12 mile round trip.

Beautiful hike. Loved the cliffs. Not too crowded. There was still quite a bit of snow on the trail on the Ibantik side of Notch. Fishing was spotty. Great overnight backpack trip. We plan to do it again.

Beautiful hike! So many ponds and lakes. The kids loved it. 70% of the trail was covered in snow but we were able to still find our way.

Beautiful! The best part is hiking around to the nearby lakes after you reach Ibantik. We staged a car higher up on the road so we could hike a different route out; I highly suggest it!

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Beautiful trail, passing several lakes along the way. Moderately busy, but definitely worth it.

Monday, September 19, 2016

Camped down by Wall lake and fished one of the smaller lakes, and no bites. Probably fished pretty hard there. Went up to Ibantik and on to Seymour Meadow Lake. The fishing at Meadow lake was lights out. Every cast was a bite. At Ibantik there were mountain goat hanging out on the cliffs. Was well worth the hike up

Monday, September 12, 2016

Started late on Sunday to avoid crowds. Beautiful scenery. Too many cows in the meadows. Easy hike with beautiful scenery. Worth it to take a light rod for some catch and release. Plenty of wildlife along the way. Nothing difficult on the trail. Trail is golden as it gets close to dusk.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

This was a fun trail that was a pretty good length and difficulty for most backpackers. My GPS recorded just over 4 miles one way to ibantik lake. It was pretty full so I set up camp just above the lake under the boulderous mountains, about .5 away. the next day I hiked to meadow lake, which was about 1.5 away from ibantik. I highly suggest setting that lake. its less busy and very beautiful, the main difference was the mountains were a little further from the lake, but still visible. It would have been nice to camp there, but there weren't many flat spots. Setting up a hammock was prime.

Saturday, August 06, 2016

Fun trail for a quick overnight trip. Perfect for any age group and worth the view at the end. When we were there the fish really weren't biting but it was a fun trip either way.

Friday, July 22, 2016

A hidden gem nestled atop the mountains. I originally planned to hike up to Seymour Meadow Lake from the trailhead near Trial Lake but as soon as I came upon Ibantik I knew this is where I was going to be staying for the night. This little lake is a must see for anyone wanting to go hike through the Uintahs and at 10,200 feet, it truly feels like you're on the top of the world. Fishing wasn't the best but I did catch a tasty little 10 inch Brook Trout.

Thursday, July 07, 2016

A great hike. This one really has a little of everything in it and there's beauty in literally every direction. A must!