Ibantik Lake Trail

Ibantik Lake Trail is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kamas, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

From Kamas, take the Mirror Lake Highway (Highway 150) 27 miles to the Trial lake. Exit west onto a paved road, and travel about a mile to a fork in the road, Then turn north for another mile to the trail-head.

Beautiful hike! So many ponds and lakes. The kids loved it. 70% of the trail was covered in snow but we were able to still find our way.

Beautiful! The best part is hiking around to the nearby lakes after you reach Ibantik. We staged a car higher up on the road so we could hike a different route out; I highly suggest it!

Beautiful trail, passing several lakes along the way. Moderately busy, but definitely worth it.

Camped down by Wall lake and fished one of the smaller lakes, and no bites. Probably fished pretty hard there. Went up to Ibantik and on to Seymour Meadow Lake. The fishing at Meadow lake was lights out. Every cast was a bite. At Ibantik there were mountain goat hanging out on the cliffs. Was well worth the hike up

Started late on Sunday to avoid crowds. Beautiful scenery. Too many cows in the meadows. Easy hike with beautiful scenery. Worth it to take a light rod for some catch and release. Plenty of wildlife along the way. Nothing difficult on the trail. Trail is golden as it gets close to dusk.

This was a fun trail that was a pretty good length and difficulty for most backpackers. My GPS recorded just over 4 miles one way to ibantik lake. It was pretty full so I set up camp just above the lake under the boulderous mountains, about .5 away. the next day I hiked to meadow lake, which was about 1.5 away from ibantik. I highly suggest setting that lake. its less busy and very beautiful, the main difference was the mountains were a little further from the lake, but still visible. It would have been nice to camp there, but there weren't many flat spots. Setting up a hammock was prime.

Fun trail for a quick overnight trip. Perfect for any age group and worth the view at the end. When we were there the fish really weren't biting but it was a fun trip either way.

A hidden gem nestled atop the mountains. I originally planned to hike up to Seymour Meadow Lake from the trailhead near Trial Lake but as soon as I came upon Ibantik I knew this is where I was going to be staying for the night. This little lake is a must see for anyone wanting to go hike through the Uintahs and at 10,200 feet, it truly feels like you're on the top of the world. Fishing wasn't the best but I did catch a tasty little 10 inch Brook Trout.

A great hike. This one really has a little of everything in it and there's beauty in literally every direction. A must!

Stunning. We took our 2 dogs and lost count of how many lakes we passed on our way to Ibantik lake (maybe 8 or more lakes). The first 2.5 miles is uphill until you reach the saddle and then the last 1.5 miles is downhill all the way to lake. My garmin watch clocked 4.25 miles one way. Bring plenty of bug spray because that is the only negative thing about this hike. We camped at the lake and there are plenty of spots. We even woke up to a heard of 10+ mountain goats!!!!