Learn more

Holly's Trail is a 4.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Park City, Utah that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels and is primarily used for hiking and nature trips.

Distance: 4.5 miles Elevation Gain: 800 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Did this hike today (5/14) and the beginning of the trail is a bit muddy but very little snow. It gets snowier as you continue, we ended up leaving the trail and hiking along the road that ran parallel up to mid mountain. Nice hike, not too difficult, some lovely views of Park City.

I rode the gondola up. The plan was to take the Mid-Mountain Trail all the way over to Ambush. But where Red Coat branches off from Mid-Mountain, the Mid-Mountain Trail isn’t marked and I took a wrong turn. So I was on the wrong path for a while, I was on a bike trail for a while (which was very steep) and I ultimately picked up Holly’s Trail. While it wasn’t what I planned, it was a great hike. All of these trails are definitely very crowded and you have to step aside for a fair share of bikers. But there were nice stretches of solitude. Some sort of a deer jumped out right in front of me (but it was strange ... it literally jumped rather than ran and it didn’t look like a deer we would see in Pennsylvania). It was a great afternoon and I’m sure I’ll remember it forever.

This recording is only one half of my hike—I hiked up the trail, but forgot to start the recorder. So I started it when I turned down so I could see the distance. The trail itself was very pretty with spectacular views (especially where I turned around). I was disappointed that there was so much construction and associated noise in the first bit, but I think if I kept going, I would have left all that behind.

Really nice, short hike. If you happen to be near Canyons Village, I highly recommend. We did it on Sunday night during Labor Day weekend and only saw two other hikers. It starts near the ski lifts/resorts but it winds around the mountain to an area that feels a little more removed from all the development, with wonderful views. Goes through a couple patches of aspen groves. Pretty wildflowers on the side of the trail. Coming from Ohio, the elevation and the elevation made it somewhat challenging, but since it only took us 2 hours with stops, it was a perfect first hike in Park City.

Pretty easy if you take the chairlift up and the trail down! Trail was pretty decently marked but All Trails was on the money as far as making sure we stayed on the trail. Lots of tree shade for a majority of the trail. It is intertwined with the ski runs but at times, you can’t tell that you’re on a ski slope. Quick and easy if you’re limited on time.

Thu Sep 20 2018

Nice scenic trail. It does start with a set of switchbacks but then goes back into the trees for a lovely hike. The fall colors are just starting and there were still quite a few wildflowers.

Tue Sep 18 2018

This is essentially a mountain bike trail. To hike it you make endless switchbacks continuously looking at the same scenery. Not much fun

Sat Aug 25 2018

Great day hike from Canyons. Hiked with our 9.5 year old and 6.5 year old boys - excellent hike for both. Coming from Minnesota, they loved the change in altitude/excellent long distance views. Great sense of accomplishment for our 6.5 year old. Hike up took 3x as long as trip down, so don’t fear return. Only negative, a bit too many bikers on a Saturday morning.

recorded Holly's Trail