Hole in the Rock Trail

Hole in the Rock Trail is a 0.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Escalante, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

historic site

This was an awesome hike. We started from Lake Powell on a boat and hiked up. Then we hiked back down. It isn’t a marked smooth path though. And the rocks get very hot, painful for dogs little paws so be aware. I felt chills many times as I hiked up to the top. Wonderful history and a bit hard for me but worth it. I loved it.

Amazing views, fun hike for the whole family. Take lots of water, the red rocks get very hot.

Friday, April 21, 2017

Its at the end of the Hole in the rock road. Trail leads to the lake. When I went their was about a 10 ft. drop you had to navigate to complete the trail. So this is where I turned around. Still the significance of what the pioneers did made it special. Bring a rope if you want to make it to the lake.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Hiked this trail with a scout troop. It steep and hot in the summer but a swim in the lake is refreshing

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A short, steep hike to Lake Powell at the end of Hole In The Rock Road, a 55 mile 4WD road. This follows the trail of the San Juan Mission of Mormon Settlers in 1879. The best reward is swimming in Lake Powell when you get to the bottom of the trail!

Tuesday, June 13, 2017