Hobbs Canyon Trail

Hobbs Canyon Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Layton, Utah that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Small trail heading up a pleasant canyon. The trail more or less follows the stream, but at times the streambed is rather deep. There is also a trail on the ridge to the north, but it will require a scramble up the hill.

This trail looked like it was going to be great but once we finally found it there was too much overgrowth to get through without a machete. Based on previous reviews I assume its been growing in slowly and now it's just not usable until some brave soul clears it out.

If you go on this trail prepare for non-stop inclines and a very small trail with overgrown plants in either side. That being said I really enjoyed myself, the best part is that I had the entire trail to myself. I don't know if I made it to the top because I hit a point where the trail pretty much ended and I didn't know which way to go. it was unfortunate that I didn't get to see the creek that much it rarely came into view along the trail. Honestly I would go to a different trail unless you enjoy being away from everybody.

Fun trail run, river rock crossing, foraging, views, etc.

It was a beautiful trail, but tricky to find. The ap takes you right to the trailhead, but there's no parking allowed there. You have to park where it's designated for Bonneville shoreline. There's a trail that will take you up to the trailhead for Hobbs Canyon. It's not marked. It begins just a few steps south of the dead end cul-de-sac. You'll see the Bonneville shoreline trail, which is a wider trail. It heads south. To the left of it, there's a narrower trail that heads due east. This is the Hobb's Canyon trail. It follows the north side of the river. I'll add a picture of the beginning of the trailhead to help.

Beautiful view. Went with my dog. It's a great trail. Pretty easy. She now smells bad, though.

Monday, August 08, 2016

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Went about 7:00 pm in 100 degree weather. Trail is completely shaded for most of the trail so the temp did not bother us at all. Beautiful scenery with a moderate incline. Some of the trail has loose gravel and rocks which makes it difficult to get a firm footing when going back down the trail. This trail does not seemed to be used much. Parts of it were a little overgrown and We did not see even one other person for the 2+ hours we were on this trail.

Monday, June 06, 2016

Beautiful views, strenuous. Good workout. Plenty of shade most of the time.

Monday, June 06, 2016