Highline Trail

Highline Trail is a 64.6 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Kamas, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

This trail is in the High Uintas Wilderness, and follows the Uinta Mountains from Mirror Lake on the west to Forest Service Road 043, northwest of Vernal, on the east. Much of the trail is above 10,000 ft. and the treeline.

My son and I along with his friend Isaac hiked the trail in 2016.
Here is a video clip from our hike.

Pack light and take sun screen, fishing pole, water bottle that purifies and, take the InReach Explorer for communicating and GPS. With it I was able to communicate with my wife by email and it tracked our course every 20 minutes and posted it on Facebook for those that wanted to follow us on the map.

Hiking the Highline Trail is becoming my annual tradition. Started this hike last Saturday and ended up hiking out Tuesday out of Henry's Fork because of bad lightning/thunder conditions. This trail is beautiful and the scenery is just breathtaking. If you like to fly fish, I would highly recommend this Trail because of all the lakes along the way. I rate this Trail as moderate with a couple hard sections (Anderson Pass and a quick detour to Kings Peak).

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Only did 5 miles.....but amazing

Sunday, July 31, 2016

It was a lot of fun! Long ways there's a lot of steep parts going over a pass or 2 a day very beautiful country you won't see anyone on this trail if your looking for privacy this is the place. Did rain often to bring rain gear

Monday, July 18, 2016

Steep very steep

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Hiked from Chepeta Lake at the east end of the Uinta Wildernes to Mirror Lake. Lots of Lakes, Kings Peak and many passes with great views.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016