High Creek Ridge Trail to High Creek Lake

High Creek Ridge Trail to High Creek Lake is a 10.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lewiston, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until June. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

I wouldn't recommend doing this hike in October; I didn't expect there would be so much snow. But I'm definitely doing this one again next summer. It's a gorgeous hike!

Don't hike this trail in one day. Amazingly beautiful but it's SO STEEP. If you're fine with that the jagged peeks, wildflowers and outrageous snow slides and glaciers around are enough to make you salivate.... now only if my legs knew it was beautiful.

It's a leg burner for sure. Tree cover for the first 2/3 and beautiful rugged peaks for the last 1/3. Lots of wildflowers, pretty bridges, rocks, and the occasional cow. I don't backpack unless there is something worth seeing at the destination. With that being said, the lake is beautiful at the base of all the cliffs, snow, and wildflowers. You can take a short hike from there, up to the saddle that had a great view down into cache valley.

love the diversity of scenery. I also love the many river crossings.

Monday, January 16, 2017

I first went up this trail when I was 16, since then I have been up to High Creek Lake four times, I turely love this hike the scenery is Awesome.

Friday, August 19, 2016

Beautiful trees! We followed High Creek south in the Naomi Wilderness. Not crowded which was nice. I'd rate the first mile or two in as easy. There were a couple of bridge crossings. The road getting there was a little tricky but I didn't scratch my hidden hitch. Lots of free camping spots along the way to the trailhead. In Richmond there is also the Fat Boy and Pepperidge Farm outlets (great for post hike enjoyment)

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I absolutely love this trail! It's super fun, but on your first time the trail is deceptive. You get to the first basin and think your done but then the last 2,100 verticle kicks in and whips your butt! Great hike but it can be brutal near the top.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Great trail but deceiving as you get closer to the lake. when you think your there your really not. Just hang in its worth it.

Tuesday, July 05, 2016