High Creek Canyon Trail

High Creek Canyon Trail is a 11.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Lewiston, Utah that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

skiing

My wife and I loved this hike along with staying 2 nights at the lake. This valley is very green and beautiful! The trail has a very gradual incline through the nicely shaded trees in the beginning next to the mountain stream. Once you hit the beaver ponds, the trail opens up into this meadow where you can see some cliff sides and water falls. The last 1/3 - 1/4 of the hike inclines a lot in elevation towards the lake. We found a spring running into the lake on the south East end. It provided very clean water to drink while we were there.

My husband and I with our 5 kids (ages 2-11) hiked up to the waterfall and back (about 6 miles total). We carried the 2-year-old most of the way, but our other kids did great! It was a really beautiful hike! I’d like to go back and go to the lake.

this trail is not heavily trafficked and most traffic is going to the waterfall, which forks to the left about a mile in. The terrain changes multiple times, and rates from difficult to moderate. There are gorgeous valleys on the way filled with flowers and stream crossing. My 8 year old made it about 4 miles up, and back with several breaks so you can take younger kids. We also always see wildlife, including rubber boas. Be ready to herd cattle out of your way here and there.

Loved the deep wooded area at the beginning and then the wide open bowls with super lush wild flowers, many beaver dams, small waterfalls and steep hiking up to the lake which was full of salamanders.

Beautiful trail, but quite steep near the lake.

Monday, February 20, 2017

Great hike. We hiked this on 7-9-16 and it will be on of my favorites because of the views.

recorded High Creek Trail