Hidden Falls Trail

Hidden Falls Trail is a 0.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 0.3 miles Elevation Gain: 42 feet Route Type: Out & Back

While it was really easy for the kids and nice to see the waterfall, I was disappointed with the amount of trash I saw. If it weren’t for the Mill B trail next to it that we wandered up a little bit after this, I probably wouldn’t have any reason for wanting to go back. It is pretty, but I feel like there’s better and I wouldn’t even call it a trail.

Not a bad review because of the scenery. The short little trail and the water fall are nice. The rock climbers like most are respectful of trails and routes. If you dont like idiots being destructive to nature with not carrying out their garbage and throwing rocks around with their kids and being all around disrespectful, it's not the place for you.

This was a great little hike for the kids. Easy to find after I read some of the comments.

Took this little side trail on the way down the canyon. It's maybe a tenth of a mile from the road and worth a refreshing stop if you can find a place to park. The kids hiked right through the creek, so I'm glad it was our last stop rather than our first or they'd have been hiking with wet shoes. lol

easy peasy little trail to a pretty waterfall! was a nice break between work obligations! read everyone's comments on how to get there, I have the Pro app and it led me to it just fine.

Short and sweet, a little tricky to find. So park in the Mel B north parking lot. There you will find a sign, and just right of that sign. You will see some wooden steps. Go up the few steps, then you have to cross the street and boom you are on the trail. I hope I explained the directions a little better.

Amazing fun hike. Alltrails map was way off. But had a fantastic time. Crossing the river. Log bridges. Detour up the side to scramble on the rocks overseeing the street. Kids loved it!

Super quick and fun hike! A little sketchy crossing the road to get to the trailhead so be super careful! Also the Falls are unmarked at the trailhead so be aware of that and don’t go up the Mill B trail that does have a trail sign.

I was almost there but could not find the trail!!!

This hike was great but our six kids ages 2 through 12. There was a lot of variety and different trails to choose from. We highly recommend this hike.

Do not be fooled this is not a trail you are essentially walking up the waterfall path. As long as you wear water shoes and go slow over the wet slipper rocks it’s a fun time. It’s a short scramble to a small waterfall just off the main road.

So much fun to explore. Where water shoes. 4 and 5 year old loved it.

This is by far one of the most beautiful waterfalls I have seen!! I love that it’s a short hike up with such amazing views. Highly recommend it. To get to the falls: cross the street. Go to the left trail. You’ll have to walk across the logs to cross over the stream. Hike about 100ft up towards the stream and you are there!

Agree with other users about staying left to get to the falls. Super easy hike. Would recommend sandals if you want to get up close to the falls. Super great hike for kids. Easy walk with plenty to look at and lots of pebbles to throw into the creek.

Follow directions from previous reviews to get there! Super fun and family friendly. Very pretty and for all ages. Literally 100 steps away from the car. Enjoy!

Super short hike and beautiful waterfall! When you cross the street, don’t go up the trail to your right. Cross the stream using the logs and hike on that side of the stream. You will see it very quickly upstream.

Although this was a very short trail, the scenery was spectacular. I went mid week so I only shared the trail with a few people, but I could see this trail becoming easily congested with people on a busy weekend.

Well it’s a waterfall. The path this app shows definitely needs to be edited. You don’t need to go up the stairs just follow the river a couple hundred feet you will get wet.

Cross the road, then the river to the left to see the waterfall. Going up the hill will lead to the water, but not the waterfall.

pretty! literally 1 minute trail. I did this in the fall and people were busy instagramming in front of it lol

It is short and sweet. My kids enjoyed the river. But with a 5 and 2 year old it would be difficult to go up the "stairs" and little trail.

recorded Recording - Mar 06, 11:38 AM

Great hike to Hidden Falls and trail above. Snowy, sometimes muddy. Definitely manageable (and enjoyable) with Yak Trax.

went yesterday. this is right off the road, just a few steps up the gully. it's mostly frozen over. so glad I had my spikes on. the trail right now goes right up on top of the frozen creek, so be careful on the ice. very pretty! cant wait to go back in the spring!

Pretty waterfall. Super short hike. It took me longer to cross the road at the S curve than actually hike to the falls. I went left after crossing the road and starting into the trail. I followed the footprints in the snow, and they crossed the river to the left hand side , but you can't get too close on that side, and then they went back and crossed to the right hand side and got really close to the falls. It was a little stressful crossing the snow covered stream and hoping the ice is solid underneath, but I kept using my sticks to make sure it was solid and it was pretty hard. I did a 360 degree StreetView trail here, if you want to view it, it is on Google Earth, and my blog https://www.shaunasadventures.com/2019/01/360-adventure-hidden-falls-and-mill-b.html?m=1. It was nice to pair it with walking up Mill B trail to the picnic area for the river is so pretty and it is right there. I have to add that even though this was a nice hike, they don't plow the parking lots so parking is stressful along the road. Also, I had to drive about 10-15 minutes up the road to finally find a safe place to turn around when I wanted to go home. I saw people stuck trying to turn around in not safe spots, and I felt so bad for them, but I was terrified of helping and getting stuck myself. Just FYI.

This is a great little walk. The falls are easy to get to and it is a beautiful area. It is great in the summer and amazing in the winter. Easy for families, even those with young kids.

I went up here with my family this summer. Only a 2-minute walk to a pretty cool waterfall. Super quick and easy, but super fun too!