Hidden Falls Trail

Hidden Falls Trail is a 0.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round.

went yesterday. this is right off the road, just a few steps up the gully. it's mostly frozen over. so glad I had my spikes on. the trail right now goes right up on top of the frozen creek, so be careful on the ice. very pretty! cant wait to go back in the spring!

Pretty waterfall. Super short hike. It took me longer to cross the road at the S curve than actually hike to the falls. I went left after crossing the road and starting into the trail. I followed the footprints in the snow, and they crossed the river to the left hand side , but you can't get too close on that side, and then they went back and crossed to the right hand side and got really close to the falls. It was a little stressful crossing the snow covered stream and hoping the ice is solid underneath, but I kept using my sticks to make sure it was solid and it was pretty hard. I did a 360 degree StreetView trail here, if you want to view it, it is on Google Earth, and my blog https://www.shaunasadventures.com/2019/01/360-adventure-hidden-falls-and-mill-b.html?m=1.
It was nice to pair it with walking up Mill B trail to the picnic area for the river is so pretty and it is right there.
I have to add that even though this was a nice hike, they don't plow the parking lots so parking is stressful along the road. Also, I had to drive about 10-15 minutes up the road to finally find a safe place to turn around when I wanted to go home. I saw people stuck trying to turn around in not safe spots, and I felt so bad for them, but I was terrified of helping and getting stuck myself. Just FYI.

This is a great little walk. The falls are easy to get to and it is a beautiful area. It is great in the summer and amazing in the winter.

Easy for families, even those with young kids.

I went up here with my family this summer. Only a 2-minute walk to a pretty cool waterfall. Super quick and easy, but super fun too!

Short but falls were hidden so couldn’t view.

Hiked this trail in January and it was covered in snow. Amazing hike. We accidentally went up a side path and went the wrong way, which was easy enough to figure out when we saw some skiers coming down it. Stay to the left lol
This hike is super easy even in the snow. Had a blast and the little falls that’s at the end was worth the little hike there.

Checked this out after coming down from Mill B - pretty little area and glad we didn’t just head back to the car, but I would hardly call it it’s own hike.

I logged a grand total of 0.25 miles to see the falls. And that’s only cause I didn’t recognize the Hidden Falls trail for what it was. I mistakenly took a right and started hiking the Mill B trail. While this is a short little “hike” it was pretty and a fun, quick after work diversion as the sun was setting.

It’s barely a hike but it’s worth it. There are two trails at the head. The left goes to the falls and the right goes to the Mill B North trail. The left trail is very short and you have to walk over some rocks in the creek if you want to get close to the falls. There is also an abandoned mine or something nearby. It’s cool to look at.

Short and sweet. Not much of a waterfall this time of year.

Spotted a smaller sized mountain lion on the ridge line just to the right of the falls. There’s a lot of small crevices and small caves in that direction so be very careful if you venture up Mill Creek, which is close to this hike. We alerted authorities but nothing more game of it.

I wouldn’t really consider this a hike, it’s more of an easy getaway if you need a place of zen or relaxation. The falls are beautiful and definitely a good spot for a picnic.

This is such an easy hike. Even though it’s short the payoff is incredible. If you need a short break from...anything...this is an excellent option.

It was challenging to find the start. You have to cross the road. If you park in the parking lot that the directions take you to you’ll go to the trail head sign and stay left. Next you cross the road. Then stay left for towards the stream. You can stay on either side of the stream to get to the falls but left side would probably make it easier to see that you are indeed headed to the falls. My 3 year old didn’t do well but my 5 year loved it. If I do it again, I’ll wear my 3 year old. The ground was challenging for him to navigate.

Beautiful and a simple short hike you can take your kids on...

Short but worth it!

Crossing the road from the parking lot is very dangerous because you can see cars coming around the curve, so just be extra cautious when crossing the road. Once you cross the road, you will see some steps going up to a trail.... do not take these steps, instead go to your left and follow a little foot path. Eventually, I just walked through the creek, so wear some shoes you don't mind getting wet OR bring some water sandals. Its a very short walk along (or in) the creek and it dead ends right into Hidden Falls. Hope my directions help because I asked several people where the waterfall was when I arrived and nobody seemed to know. The falls were not very forceful, not surprising with the little amount of snowfall we had this past winter, but it was very tranquil and shaded and we were the only people there, so it was nice to sit on a rock, admire the area and enjoy a snack in nature. Please pack out what you pack in. I noticed a few drink cans other rude hikers left behind.

We saw a huge rattlesnake at the trailhead near the stairs. Fun little hike for kids. One of those hikes where once you've done it once you probably won't do it again.

Short. We crossed the stream and climbed up near the falls. Great to pair with the Mill B trail just to the south. Made for a great lunch time picnic and hike in the canyon.

Was a great hike for me and my 5 kids. Beautiful. Getting across the street is a little dangerous.

Nice paved hike next to water, leads you to waterfalls.

beautiful place

Easy...after crossing the road, take the path to the left. You’re going to have to cross the large log and then the waterfall is right in front of you

Hiked 4/29/18
This is more of a short scramble over to the falls. Stay to the left of the stream! This will allow you to get up and close to the waterfall. If you go right and start there are no views!
Not really a hike but 100% worth the stop.

very short, beautiful

Very easy short jaunt with lots to explore. Follow the river - check our our vlog of our experience: https://youtu.be/87H0n_bKshU

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Try it during the winter time, you gonna have fun.

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Cute hike

Monday, September 18, 2017

Hardly a hike. More like a walk across the road to the hidden falls. It is a beautiful hidden spot and on the weekdays it's usually empty. The mine up there is also neat.

Thursday, September 07, 2017

the hike is short and nice once you go the right way. the wrong way is to take the stairs. it's very steep and not great for kids. follow the river and it's good

Monday, September 04, 2017

We drove up to this spot and a park ranger said we where not allowed because we had a dog?
I put the address in my phone and it took us to cottonwood canyon .... is that right?