Heughs Canyon Trail

Heughs Canyon Trail is a 3.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Turn left on Canyon Cove Drive. Continue on to Oak Canyon Dr. 3480 East and turn left. Find a place to park near Berghalde Ln

1 hour ago

Fun short hike. The boulder field at the end is confusing, but stick to the low part of it to reach the falls, though the middle/upper portion makes for an incredible view!

This hike is very steep, and there’s some scrambling at the end, but it’s worth it. It’s along a stream the whole way, and the waterfall at the top is gorgeous. Loved it!

This trail isn’t bad but its more of a warm up hike for another hike , its a good trail until you get to the wooden bridge, then its a steep climb for 200 yards or so then the trail sorta ends

Great Trail! Beautiful all year long, and never ceases to leave you winded on the uphill!!
One thing to note, the trail head is no longer at the base of Berghalde Ln. It has been developed, and Berghadle Ln no longer exists. You must park and the bottom of Canyon Winds Lane and walk up the road in order to access the trail head.

gorgeous

Amazing trail!

Not as scenic as I thought it would be. Also see large rattlesnakes every time I hike the trail.

Awesome summer hike to a hidden waterfall! My GPS clocked the distance at only 2.7 miles RT, but it's a nice little hike for after work or a quick weekend getaway. The waterfall is lovely, and cold. Just what you need when it's oppressively hot in the valley. I did see two Rattlers on this trail --both were quote big.

Such a beautiful hike! We went early in the morning and didn't see any rattle snakes however we were extra cautious on the boulders. Its fairly steep here and there but overall not a strenuous hike. One of my new favorites!

waterfall is a nice treat on a hot day

Need to finish this one!

Awesome hike! it starts out pretty moderate and gets tougher the further you go up. Watch your step though I had to avoid a small Rattler this morning.

Too bad their isn't an option to have 6 stars because this hike definitely deserves it. This is my all time favorite hike in the Wasatch Mountains, it is so incredibly beautiful it cannot be described. It's only steep in a few spots but for the most part pretty easy. I have done hiked it about 10 times and don't get bored of it. There's a cave and a water fall and plenty of gorgeous views!

Really great hike. was beautiful in the morning, lots of shaded trail. Just a bit of mild rock scrambling just before you can get to the waterfall. Steep enough to get your heart rate up a little but also pretty enough to take slow if you need or want too. Loved it. plan on doing it again soon!

I enjoyed this trail tremendously. Three of us went about 6:00 am and it was very pleasant. You can take dogs but near the waterfall it is a bit of scrambling rock to rock. A dog may or may not have a little trouble there. we did see a dead snake as well; they are in the area but don't seem to be a deterrent but merely something of which to be cognizant.

Great follow the carn dog trail, gets steep after the waterfall. It's mostly shaded with a nice stream at least in early summer.

Beautiful and diverse. Trail is easy to follow, even past the rock field for a ways if you can follow the cairns. As you keep going after the rock field the trail seems to taper off, at least for what AllTrails marks as where the trails goes. Saw a rattlesnake directly on the trail as I was coming down, me and another guy had to coax it off, be very careful on this trail!

It was beautiful, but a rattlesnake was waiting for us at the top!

Cairns mark the way. Except near end. Not sure if we made it or not. Either way it was cool.

The end was a little sketchy with the scrambling on the boulders but it was a great hike. My 8 year old daughter loved it. It took us 3 hours.

Good spot.

Wild flowers are plentiful right now. Mostly shaded. Some water on trail but not much mud.

Just did this trail yesterday and loved it. Flowers are starting to pop up and the entire trail is covered in green. The trails is a little slippery on the way down.

great hike for dogs. Lots of really diverse terrain. Different spots to explore.

Also great for dogs

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Attempted to do this hike with my dog but it is not clearly marked so I turned around due to time. Might be a nice hike all the way up but I am an inexperienced hiker and did not want to go off trail

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

This was my first time hiking this trail. You have to park at the bottom of the neighborhood and walk to the hike, which is along someone's house, and the trail begins. It was a super nice day, about 70 degrees, beginning of April, but the hike was a little rough since the trees were still dead, it got pretty hot. I wouldn't rate this as hard, more moderate (just because of the heat, there is an incline but it's doable)

My dogs loved it, especially since there was a creek they got to play in the whole way up. Once you reach the top you have to climb across some boulders to get too the waterfall. I brought along rain boots so I could walk closer to the waterfall and enjoy it with out the freezing cold water. I would recommend this hike!

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

It's a rough trail with lots of bush wacking. The trail is difficult and not very clearly marked. There are lots of great trails in SLC and I don't recommend wasting time here.

Monday, March 27, 2017

Barely any snow left! Check out the cool cave about a mile up on the left of the trail. Visible from the trail. Steady incline the entire trail - pace yourself.