Herriman Fire Memorial Flag

Herriman Fire Memorial Flag is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Herriman, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Pretty scenery but you don’t hike really to anything. I like to hike to bridges, waterfalls, and lakes.

This trail is definitely a fire road with recent vehicle and OHV tracks (not sure how legal). It made for a nice quick morning hike with nothing too exciting. Still a good 180* view of the valley if you go past the end of the fire road. I basically went straight up the hill at the end of the fire road which made the trail much more tricky with a bit of snow. There is a bunch of housing development at the trailhead so who knows how much longer this trail will be available.

Love this one just because I live near it. I take my son in the pack up this hike. the trail ends and I wouldn't suggest trying to take small children up the rest of the hike. You get beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and you can see over the city.

It is a fun walk, took my 5, 3 and 1 year old (on my back) but I'd not do it by myself.

Amazing view! Great night hike

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

The trail ends only about half way up. I added the end point to the map, but I don't have a GPS log to track exactly how to get there. The flag is up on the top of the hill you're climbing. My added path won't show until it's approved.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

This was a relatively easy trail. It's rocky the whole way up. I was expecting to see a flag at the end of the trail based on the name of the trail, but there was no flag. The trail basically comes to an end. Beautiful views of the valley and of new construction in Herriman Cove. Great place to take your dog for a nice walk off leash.

Thursday, May 04, 2017