Herd Hollow - Richards Hollow Loop Trail

Herd Hollow - Richards Hollow Loop Trail is a 14.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Logan, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 14.5 miles Elevation Gain: 2,040 feet Route Type: Loop

We went on this trail on July 4th. To get to the trail you have to drive on some rough roads. Once you get to the trail head, there is a parking lot with a bathroom. (there is no other bathrooms throughout the hike) From there the hike is a gradual up hill climb to a gate, just open it and go right through. There was three river crossings, but there is logs that have been laid down to help you cross it. We only hiked up to the waterfall and back which was a 3.18 miles round trip. I, my sister, and brother (14,9,7) thought this hike was easy. My grandma and mom (61, 40) didn’t think it was that simple. We took our dog on this trail on a leash. Make sure you check the weather because it said it was not going to rain, but it down-poured on us.

Starting at Richards Hollow and hiking approximately 6 miles in you are on a trail after that its road. You will end up on the road that takes you to Logan’s peak. Just FYI for those of you wanting to hike the entire loop.

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Beautiful up to the waterfall it was a short day low impact hike but very beautiful.

Monday, September 18, 2017

Attempted to do this trail because it is close to my place. Definitely make sure you have a vehicle that can handle gravel roads. Its about 3 miles of gravel roads. Unfortunately, I was unable to go on the trail because the gate was locked with no information posted anywhere.

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

I loved this trail we went early summer and it was shady and green and beautiful ...we tried to go again today and the gate was closed with barbed wire ...anyone know why it's closed off like this there were branches making a fence with barbed wore wrapped around them just looked weird and there was no sign

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Sweet beautiful hike! Easy but can be hot. Bring lots of water!

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Great trail. Little traffic. Very peaceful hike.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018