Hell's Revenge and Potato Salad Hill Trail

Hell's Revenge and Potato Salad Hill Trail is a 8.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Moab, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

Hells Revenge is rated as the top trail for many Utah ATV riders and is one of the top Moab ATV trails. The trail contains some long steep climbs on slick rock that are intimidating your first time on the trail. There are many optional obstacles on Hell's Revenge that advanced riders can test their skills on. Some of these obstacles include Hell's Gate, Tip-over Challenge, the Escalator, Rubble Trouble, and the Hot Tubs (aka Mickey's Hot Tub). Several of the obstacles on this trail will leave you wondering how anyone ever thought of attempting the obstacle in the first place.

Amazing. Some spots very hard. Be careful and hang on. Adrenaline and views!

off road driving

It's is a great trail that you must drive if you like off roading. Come prepare to pay a 5 dollar entrance fee. I consider myself a beginner driver (this was the first serious trail I took on). Although there are some difficult obstacles you will find bypasses. I did the trail on my 99 Cherokee fully stock besides a 2 inch lift and I didn't struggle at all (I did not drive through the "escalator" and "hells gate" cuz they had traffic and a broken 4x4 was in it) Plan on spending a good 4-6 hours on it if you're gonna be taking pictures and completing the whole course. Departure angles are really important, having a rear towing hitch sabe my rear bumper several times lol. If you do the whole loop (pass the escalator) take your time cuz towards the last downhill section there are some steep obstacles and the are kind of difficult, (no bypass). I'd do it over and over .. highly recommend it..!!

off road driving

If you have a built off road rig, you will have no problem on this trail. Lockers, body armor, and 15psi in your tires will get you anywhere you want to go on this trail.

Great Trail very technical for my Tacoma with a 2 inch lift 32 inch tires and lockers. I did not have a spotter and no one else was on the trail which made it exciting! Go do it!

off road driving

Great trail. We have a lifted Jeep Rubicon. We had no problems and did not have to use the lockers. All the harder sections have bypasses. This is a must do.

Hard, scary, yikes

Much harder than everyone says

Did this trail with my Toyota off-roading club "The Rising Sun" out of Denver CO. It was a night run which we started at 6pm and completed at 12:30am. This trail is extremely difficult and technical but a lot of fun and rewarding. Not for the faint of heart of beginners. Your better of attempting this with a buddy and his rig or a group.

off road driving

Dirt biking- this is a cool trail. My first time on slick rock. It's AMAZING the traction you get. You can climb up steep inclines with no problem at all. Gorgeous views (although I prefer the views of Chicken Corners and Poison Spider). Good practice for steep up and downs and transitions to sand. It intersects with The Slick Rock bike trail- which is fun too!

Terrifying heights for me, but definitely tests your skills. I'd recommend lockers and skilled driving.

Great trail had a lot of fun things don't let the steep fins scary yeah they're not bad if you only do a couple trails in Moab this should be one along with poison spider Mesa. Those are the ones I have the most fun on with the best optional obstacles if your lifted driving a jeep do this trail and poison spider

very well labeled trail with amazing views everywhere you look!

Friday, December 09, 2016

My family and I visited Moab, Utah this past summer to ride and explore these epic trails. Hell's Revenge is a thrilling experience and one I will never forget. The difficulty definitely ranges on this trail system. From the Escalator (which is moderately difficult), to the iconic Hell's Gate which is the most difficult climb I have ever attempted on my CRF250r. After 3 exhausting attempts at this wicked hill climb, the fourth time was the charm! Hell's Gate lived up to its name and I intend to be back one day!

Sunday, October 30, 2016

If you can only do one trail in Moab this is the one. If you don't have an off road vehicle take a tour with Dan Mick. He's a Moab legend and will tell you stories and history about the area.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Great challenging introduction into the Moab off road experience!

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Very fun and challenging trail. Did it in my 4Runner with 3 inches of lift and still bottomed out a couple of times. Highly recommended if you have a decent amount of off roading experience under your belt

Monday, April 25, 2016

Driving up those fins .. Not for the feint of heart.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Probably one of my favorite trails in Moab. There's difficult obstacles, however there's always a bypass option if your vehicle can't handle it. There's a stunning look out of the Colorado river. On a clear day you can see for miles and miles. Bring plenty of food and water; these trails can take longer than expected.

I highly recommend picking up "Guide to Moab, UT Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails" 2nd edition
by Charles A. Wells

This book gives you a very detailed description on navigating through all the trails in Moab.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Awesome awesome awesome trail!! Hell's Revenge is one of the most famous and popular trail for off-roading in Moab, UT and if you have a suitable 4x4 vehicle, I definitely recommend it! There are obstacles on the trail that are optional and can be by-passed such as Hell's Gate, Escalator and Tip-Over Challenge but even not doing those difficult/dangerous parts still makes this trail super fun. I've done it now twice in my modified FJ Cruiser and it is such a rush diving on that sand stone and getting to go over 30 degrees up and down and even drive through some of the hot tubs!

Potato Salad Hill is a nearby obstacle to the trail that many people ion their extremely modified rock buggies will do and tipping and rolling on this obstacle are very common occurrences! Do not attempt without extreme confidence in what you are doing or without a spotter if you aren't sure.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Scary, but my husbands favorite trail.