Hell's Revenge OHV Trail

Hell's Revenge OHV Trail is a 9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Moab, Utah that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for off road driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 9.0 miles Elevation Gain: 1,112 feet Route Type: Loop

off road driving

Hells Revenge is rated as the top trail for many Utah ATV riders and is one of the top Moab ATV trails. The trail contains some long steep climbs on slick rock that are intimidating your first time on the trail. There are many optional obstacles on Hell's Revenge that advanced riders can test their skills on. Some of these obstacles include Hell's Gate, Tip-over Challenge, the Escalator, Rubble Trouble, and the Hot Tubs (aka Mickey's Hot Tub). Several of the obstacles on this trail will leave you wondering how anyone ever thought of attempting the obstacle in the first place.

Great trail. Steep rock climbs and descents. Big fun. CanAm X3.

off road driving

We drove this trail Sunday on our 2008 2 door jk with 35” tires and 4” lift and as I passenger, i have to say it was amazing! My husband, who drove, also loved it. We couldn’t do any of the hot tubs with our vehicle. The trail and alternate routes are clearly marked and are two way so be careful of oncoming traffic. The view is spectacular! There’s also a marked spot where you can get off your vehicle and take a look at dinosaur tracks.

great all around. best to go when it has not rained for a few days if you want to do a hot tub.

off road driving

This trail was awesome! Did it in my 2012 F-250 with a 6" Rough Country lift on 37s. Had absolutely no problems with grip or clearance. We did have to turn around though and take the bypass back to the start instead of making the full loop because of a couple sketchy rocky sections. But driving on slickrock for the first time was really fun!

off road driving

Did this trail this weekend in a 2000 4Runner with a 4 inch lift and 35s. I can see how this would be hard for someone without experience. if that is the case, do Fins and Things first to warm up. also make sure that your rig is in tip top condition. I broke my ring and pinion gear going up an incline. Lots of changes but lots of good arounds. Go do it!

Not for the faint of heart. Amazing experience but be focused, be aware of people around you and don't try anything you aren't comfortable with.

Perfect trail... a lot of everything: slickrock, sand, tricky waterfalls... It’s everything they say and more.

Always a great trail. Perfect for first time Moab Offroaders. Really gets their butts to pucker on certain obstacles.

Great day. Trail was in great shape. Hells Gate 1st try, LJ Rubi. Escalator.....opps......got stuck 1/2 up. Got out but fun.

off road driving

This trail was an awesome experience for the first time off roading. Would recommend it to anyone.

If your visiting the Moab you NEED to run Hell's Revenge. Amazing views with an exhilarating trail = why it is the most popular. It has obstacles for the most advanced off roader while having the option to bypass them if you're not comfortable.

Trail was great. I ran it in my 2018 4 Runner TRD Off Road Premium 3” lift and 33’s aired down to 18 psi. Never used 4lo, . Super fun . Pretty much had the place to myself. Took me 2 hours with several stops to take pics

if you may not be able to return to Moab, Hell's Revenge is a must.

What a great day! This trail will test your rig and your skills. Made it through in our stock 2DR Rubicon JL today without a scratch. Trailer hitch and rear tow hook touched only in a couple spots. Bucket list: Check!

Came here with the UTV after going through Fins. Would definitely recommend it!

We went with a large group of 18 razors. I unknowingly was lead into hells gate. But with my little 800s two seater made it up with no problems. Absolutely amazing.

off road driving

I loved hells revenge! Had great terrain and beautiful views everywhere you looked. Here’s the video of when I did it in July this year. https://youtu.be/CsGJnBBUasM

off road driving

Did this after doing the fins and had a great time...

A Moab must!

off road driving

Did it November 2016 in an '04 4runner. Completely stock except for the 2" lift and Icon suspension. 2nd trail I had ever done. Terrifying! So many chances to roll and destroy your rig and yourself. I did celebratory donuts when we made it out in one piece. I learned a lot that day.

Wow. Freakin Warm

Went with several Jeeps at night!

A bit terrifying for a noob like me.

Sunday, April 08, 2018

Great ride! Very crowded. Did hells gate with ease but didn’t try the escalator. Rzr xp4 turbo on 32s. Worth the $5 fee.

Saturday, December 02, 2017

Amazing. Some spots very hard. Be careful and hang on. Adrenaline and views!

Wednesday, November 08, 2017

It's is a great trail that you must drive if you like off roading. Come prepare to pay a 5 dollar entrance fee. I consider myself a beginner driver (this was the first serious trail I took on). Although there are some difficult obstacles you will find bypasses. I did the trail on my 99 Cherokee fully stock besides a 2 inch lift and I didn't struggle at all (I did not drive through the "escalator" and "hells gate" cuz they had traffic and a broken 4x4 was in it) Plan on spending a good 4-6 hours on it if you're gonna be taking pictures and completing the whole course. Departure angles are really important, having a rear towing hitch sabe my rear bumper several times lol. If you do the whole loop (pass the escalator) take your time cuz towards the last downhill section there are some steep obstacles and the are kind of difficult, (no bypass). I'd do it over and over .. highly recommend it..!!

Wednesday, November 01, 2017

If you have a built off road rig, you will have no problem on this trail. Lockers, body armor, and 15psi in your tires will get you anywhere you want to go on this trail.

Friday, October 20, 2017

Great Trail very technical for my Tacoma with a 2 inch lift 32 inch tires and lockers. I did not have a spotter and no one else was on the trail which made it exciting! Go do it!

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Great trail. We have a lifted Jeep Rubicon. We had no problems and did not have to use the lockers. All the harder sections have bypasses. This is a must do.

Sunday, September 17, 2017