Learn more

Head of Sinbad Pictograph Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Green River, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Length 3.6 mi Elevation gain 154 ft Route type Out & Back

Photos (9)
Recordings (1)
Completed (8)
David Platt
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJune 17, 2020
Hiking

The pictograph was a little tricky to find for me -- after finally tracking it down, my somehwat dodgy phone GPS gave coordinates 38.881, -110.771, if it's helpful to others Most importantly, this actually an ATV route. Definitely not intended for normal vehicles. I guess you can hike it? As someone who drove part in a medium-clearance 4WD and hiked the rest, I can't say I'd recommend either. After the underpass, some parts are pure sand so 4WD is a must; high clearance strongly recommeded due to condition of the route (can't call it a road). The end of the route was too sketchy for my vehicle and I hiked (wandered) until finally finding the pictographs. They were somewhat interesting, but nothing like Great Gallery, Buckhorn Wash, or Rochester Panel. The juice definitely isn't worth the squeeze on this adventure unless you're in an ATV.

Doug Neidholdt
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarApril 18, 2017
Hiking

You can drive the road up to I-70 then must hike back unless you have a high clearance 4 wheel drive. I hiked the trail but could not find Sinbad. Will return when I have more detailed info and try again. The instructions are not sufficient to lead to the rock art.

Jack Tatsch
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMarch 12, 2013
OHV/Off Road Driving
First to Review

This Indian art panel is quite impressive. You'll exit I-70 at MM131, and go west on the south side of the Interstate. Keep right at the second road, and stay right and go under I-70. When you emerge out of the underpass, stay right and then left. We did this trail at the same time as Dutchmens Arch.

Sean Miyamoto
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarDecember 4, 2018