Grove Creek Spring Indian Springs Trail

Grove Creek Spring Indian Springs Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pleasant Grove, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The trail up grove creek canyon has lots of switchbacks, minor river crossings, great views, and a nice spring at the end of the hike. This trail sits under MT. Timpanogos and has a great view of Utah valley.

This is probably my new favorite hike. It is fairly steep in several places but level enough that it was enjoyable while still being a challenge. There are beautiful waterfalls to look at most of the way and is a beautiful hike overall. We hiked to the springs which is about 3 miles and decided to go back down instead of doing the loop because there was a lot of snow past the springs. I highly recommend it!

We hiked all the way to the falls where there is a bench and a bridge then turned back. Noticed you could go further but we weren't sure where that led. AMAZING HIKE! Has spectacular overlooks and beautiful scenery. Probably one of my favorites by far!

There's so many different trails you can take on this hike! I love it!

I hadn't been backpacking in about 15 years. This was a great trail to get back into it. My brother and I went up and started or hike around 4pm. We took our time and it took us about 2.5hrs to get to the falls (I'm a big guy who is out of shape, carrying a pack... I took plenty of breaks). The views are absolutely gorgeous, especially the trip back down. We had a perfect day for the hike. There are several spots that would be slick and dangerous in rain or wet ground. I would not recommend for "inexperienced children" due to slick rock as and narrow trail close to steep edges. We went about another mile beyond the falls, found a nice place to set up camp. During the day (May 11) we got burnt, at night it got quite cold, but there was no frost on the ground. Overall - amazing trip that has reignited my passion for camping.

Not a bad hike. It's a good trail for some running or hiking before work in the morning, but I wouldn't go out of my way to hike it. There are some interesting stretches of trail that are rather exposed, and the waterfall at the top is nice. It is very exposed to the sun with very little shade for the first two miles, so go early in the morning or wear protection.

A decent hike! I agree with the "moderate" rating. There isn't much shade so go early to avoid the heat. There are a few forks near the beginning so just be mindful of following makings. Make sure on your way up to stop a few times to check out the view of the valley! There is a bench near the big waterfall, then a little ways further there's a bridge over the river. After that, you can hike up a ways through a meadow to the campground. Beyond this, you can go further to a higher viewpoint but I think just at the campground is as nice if you don't want to go as far.
It wasn't my very favorite hike, so not one I would repeat anytime soon, but it was enjoyable!
It took us 3.5 hours to go from the trailhead to the campground and back.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Easy to follow trail. Long dug-way high up on the north side until you cross the creek at the bottom of a nice casdade

Monday, April 04, 2016