Grove Creek Spring Indian Springs Trail

Grove Creek Spring Indian Springs Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pleasant Grove, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The trail up grove creek canyon has lots of switchbacks, minor river crossings, great views, and a nice spring at the end of the hike. This trail sits under MT. Timpanogos and has a great view of Utah valley. It is fairly steep in several places but level enough that it is enjoyable while still being a challenge. There are beautiful waterfalls to look at most of the way and is a beautiful hike overall. Hike to the springs is about 3 miles. Once you get above the falls this trail becomes more of a bushwhack. This part of the hike should only be attempted by experienced hikers equipped with a map (recommend downloading the TOPO and satellite layers in addition to the AllTrails layer).

I tried going December 16, I was not able to finish the trail as there was an unpassible part where small logs ran across a river, they had snow on them so I could not cross. I I would recommend this trail because Ivan tell it would be a great trail in the summer, just not the winter.

moderate trail. out and back to Indian campground. beautiful foliage for late fall. mice water features. trail was clear.

Hiked this trail yesterday—11-7-17. The trail was still dry and free of mud and snow. Just went to the falls/Springs. Spectacular views, but the narrow rocky trail on the side of the mountain was unnerving. I was wishing for a trail in the bottom of the canyon to see some of the falls up close and personal. Would not take children or dogs on this trail as one false step would be tragic. The climb was not difficult. We have such amazing beauty in our backyards!

Breath taking views and fairly rugged terrain right in our back yard.

trail kinda disappeared. ok hike. short maybe 3 mile round trip. you get a good view of pleasant grove but that about it

Amazing waterfalls! Good place to take our dog and kid to camp for a night.

Nice scenic hike with a nice variety of features, ending at the spring. Start early and bring plenty of water if going in Summer.

Really cool hike. Lives the rocks exposure in the first 1/3. Will definitely be back. Mets up with connector trails once you hit the meadows.

Awesome hike. I went right when you get to the sign and if you go there about 200 yards and turn right again you will see a teepee made by some previous hikers. I had an awesome experience and would love to do it again this summer when I get out of school

The first part is rocky with not much to see until you get to the falls. Push yourself and get to the campground. It's worth it.

Relatively low traffic. Be advised the upper 0.75 mi or so above the falls does not have solid trails marked in the alltrails layer. Some of the tracks are bushwhacking along the creeks - scrutinize them before committing to one. DL the topo and or satellite layers for back-up.

I only experienced this on the way down as part of the Battle Creek/Grove Creek loop. Really rocky towards the bottom. Once you get to the waterfall and go into the trees it is beautiful! I went early May so the campground wasn't just stunningly beautiful. Understandable considering we're barely, barely coming out of winter. The spring is nice.

This is probably my new favorite hike. It is fairly steep in several places but level enough that it was enjoyable while still being a challenge. There are beautiful waterfalls to look at most of the way and is a beautiful hike overall. We hiked to the springs which is about 3 miles and decided to go back down instead of doing the loop because there was a lot of snow past the springs. I highly recommend it!

We hiked all the way to the falls where there is a bench and a bridge then turned back. Noticed you could go further but we weren't sure where that led. AMAZING HIKE! Has spectacular overlooks and beautiful scenery. Probably one of my favorites by far!

Friday, July 01, 2016

There's so many different trails you can take on this hike! I love it!

Monday, May 23, 2016

I hadn't been backpacking in about 15 years. This was a great trail to get back into it. My brother and I went up and started or hike around 4pm. We took our time and it took us about 2.5hrs to get to the falls (I'm a big guy who is out of shape, carrying a pack... I took plenty of breaks). The views are absolutely gorgeous, especially the trip back down. We had a perfect day for the hike. There are several spots that would be slick and dangerous in rain or wet ground. I would not recommend for "inexperienced children" due to slick rock as and narrow trail close to steep edges. We went about another mile beyond the falls, found a nice place to set up camp. During the day (May 11) we got burnt, at night it got quite cold, but there was no frost on the ground. Overall - amazing trip that has reignited my passion for camping.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Not a bad hike. It's a good trail for some running or hiking before work in the morning, but I wouldn't go out of my way to hike it. There are some interesting stretches of trail that are rather exposed, and the waterfall at the top is nice. It is very exposed to the sun with very little shade for the first two miles, so go early in the morning or wear protection.