Grove Creek and Battle Creek Loop Trail

Grove Creek and Battle Creek Loop Trail is a 8.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pleasant Grove, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

Love this hike and the changes in terrain. Love the bench that is right before the main waterfall.

the dog and i did the grove creek to battle creek hike yesterday..nice to get above the inversion and very warm up top...scenery was beautiful, switching from jagged cliffs to waterfalls, to meadows and back..up at indian spring meadows area (i think that's the name) lots of deer...on the way down battle creek canyon there are a few really slick icy spots covering the trail...loved this hike..

Beautiful views of the valley, shear cliffs and a waterfall!

One of the most beautiful hikes I’ve been on. Every corner you turned, there was new scenery. Beautiful fall leaves & running water along side you.

Lots of fun definitely go for a experience hiker

amazing. But it didn't feel moderate to me. hard work to get up to the falls but absolutely beautiful there after

Once you cross the waterfall, this is spectacular. Beautiful, not overly challenging, and diverse. Awesome hike.

Really pretty trail, but do it early as most of the trail is exposed to sun. There is a artesian spring at the crossing with awesome water.

Incredible views! A nice tough hike that is well worth it.

This is good as it gets when you're only a couple miles from your house to be able to get up into the mountains quickly amazing hike.

Great, moderate hike with beautiful meadows between the Grove Creek and Battle Creek trails, and a few waterfalls along the way. Only bummer was the last, dusty 1.1 mile stretch between Grove Creek and Battle Creek falls. Next time, I may just do an out and back starting from the Grove Creek Parking and up to the meadows.
There's a few sections there are a bit steep for the kiddos.
Wildlife: Turkey, Deer, snakes, birds

I really enjoyed this hike for the most part. While the scenery was beautiful the whole way, I'd have given this 5 stars if there was some kind of summit or overlook. The hike was a little anticlimactic ending on the part that connects the two parking lots. We started at the grove creek lot and went clockwise which is definitely what I would recommend. Then meadows at the top are enchanting. It was also lovely to see two waterfalls and the spring. Really great hike, took about 4 hours to complete the loop.

This is a very beautiful hike with two waterfalls and meadows on the top. Indian Springs is a good place to refill water bottles. The Grove Creek side is steeper, rockier, and sunnier. The Battlecreek side is more forested, and therefore shadier.

It took about 4.5 hours at an average pace with a .5 hour break starting from the Grove Creek parking lot and looping around clockwise. If I hiked this again (which I would), I would still go clockwise, but park in the Battlecreek parking lot instead.

The highlight of this hike for me is definitely the beautiful meadows at the top. I recommend starting with the flat walk between the two canyons or parking a car at the mouth of each canyon.

There are some spots on the Grove Creek side where you can take the wrong trail, but if you follow the map on All Trails you won't get lost.

Also it gets extremely crowded around the falls on the Battle Creek side, so be prepared for that.

It also gets pretty steep going downhill, and I wish I had brought trecking poles.

I don't know how this isn't rated well into the high fours! This is one of my favorite hikes ever! Seems like the low ratings come from people who weren't prepared for the distance or the climb. It's moderately steep.

Mid May is a gorgeous time to go! Everything is green and the waterfalls and streams are full of water. The meadow at the top is the biggest, most beautiful mountain meadow I've ever seen. And it hikes right under Timp! And since I hit the meadow around 7 pm, the deer were starting to come out to feed. I drank from the spring, it was refreshing!

As far as distance, there's no way this is is 10 like some reviewers say. The Battle Creek portion is 2.5 miles, the Grove Creek portion to the spring is 2.8 miles. The stretches in between are maybe a mile to a mile and half tops?

However, the all trails map is wrong. If you start heading up Grove creek then across the top to the Battle Creek trail, you'll actually drop down into Battle Creek canyon sooner than the map says. There are signs that guide you though. If you follow the map, then maybe it really is closer to ten.

Took my husky/collie mix. She loved it, me not so much. party of that was that it was 3 miles longer than expected. this app said a little over 7. 10.19 miles is what my GPS and fitness tracker marked. If I ever did this again I would probably start with the part that connects Grove Creek and Battle Creek as that was a very ugly and anticlimactic ending for me this time. Unless your buns and thighs are in top shape I would recommend trekking poles. Make sure you either know which trails/roads to take our you have a GPS. We saw deer, a turkey, and a crazy bird that scared us to death!

Heading up Grove Creek to the falls isn't the prettiest trail but once you get into the pines at the waterfall it is really nice the rest of the way. There is a spring at the top which I've used for years. The meadows at the top are amazing.

I'll definitely go again. funnest hike with the best sights I've seen yet in the area, my friend couldnt complete it but I thought it was perfect!

Fun trail! It was a little steep at the beginning for the kids, but they powered through. We only got 1 mile up and even from there out had stunning views of Utah Lake and various mountain ranges.

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

I think it's harder then Moderate..