Grove Creek and Battle Creek Loop Trail

Grove Creek and Battle Creek Loop Trail is a 8.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pleasant Grove, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

One of my favorite trails in this area. Go early because the trail is mostly in the sun. I went the first day and turned around (started to late in the day). The next day started at 6:30. Incline is not too hard, scenery beautiful, and trail clearly defined. You get all kinds of scenery- cliffs, wooded areas, meadows. It’s just lovely.

Great exercise! The first half going uphill made me appreciate that I was done when the back half came. Saw a mother skunk w her 5 little babies on the trail. Without the map I would have likely taken a few wrong turns.

Great trail for a good workout. 4 miles ascending then 4 miles descending. Bring trekking poles for some moderate down hill over rocks.

This is a great trail. Up through Grove Creek was very scenic and the waterfalls before you hit the aspen groves and meadows are very nice.
I would have given it a 5 star rating but the descent through Battle Creek was almost all loose rock on the steep trail made for very slow going coming down.
My gps said it was a 10.4 mile hike not 8.2 as the app suggests.
I will do this trail again.

Beautiful scenery on this trail, including a creek and small waterfalls. The higher up you go the more beautiful it gets. Lots of dogs off leash and far from their owners, which was an issue for my apprehensive puppy.

Great hike! First few miles are a little hard since they’re uphill, but the views and falls were worth it.

I started at the grove Creek trailhead. It was a spectacular day. The most beautiful spot on the hike is where the trail crosses Grove Creek to the southside on the wooden foot bridge. Higher up, you have to make sure that you turn right on trail 151. I missed the turn, and walked all the way up to Timpanookee Road. The detour was OK, but the trail takes you through aspen groves and across a huge meadow at Chris Flat. The view of the western slope of Mount Timpanogus from that meadow is grand. Part of the trail in the upper part of Battle Creek Canyon is very steep and Rocky. The trail eventually joins the stream as it tumbles down the canyon, and there are some picturesque waterfalls. The meadows in the high area should be beautiful in another month or so.

Loved this hike. We started at Battlecreek and ended up at Grove Creek. Grove Creek is a new favorite. We stopped and filled up water at the spring at the top. Can't wait to do this again when the trees and wildflowers are out.

My phone registered the whole loop at 9.3 miles. If you park a car at each trailhead and don't do the last leg, it is 8.2 miles. The trail had only a few muddy spots. Glad I took my GPS trail tracker. There's limited signage, and many places you can take a wrong turn.

The meadow was a great spot for a lunch break! Beautiful views.
If you're bringing Fido, there are a lot of dogs off-leash here.

Hiked on April 21, 2018. The trail was completely clear of snow minus a 20 ft section. There are stunning views of the valley and mountains. At the very top there is a huge meadow that has the best mountain views of the hike. Many waterfalls throughout the hike!

It's awesome and very beautiful!

Trail is clear and wide at the beginning. Nice hike and no snow.

Love this hike and the changes in terrain. Love the bench that is right before the main waterfall.

the dog and i did the grove creek to battle creek hike yesterday..nice to get above the inversion and very warm up top...scenery was beautiful, switching from jagged cliffs to waterfalls, to meadows and back..up at indian spring meadows area (i think that's the name) lots of deer...on the way down battle creek canyon there are a few really slick icy spots covering the trail...loved this hike..

Beautiful views of the valley, shear cliffs and a waterfall!

One of the most beautiful hikes I’ve been on. Every corner you turned, there was new scenery. Beautiful fall leaves & running water along side you.

Lots of fun definitely go for a experience hiker

Saturday, August 12, 2017

amazing. But it didn't feel moderate to me. hard work to get up to the falls but absolutely beautiful there after

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Once you cross the waterfall, this is spectacular. Beautiful, not overly challenging, and diverse. Awesome hike.

Monday, July 31, 2017

Really pretty trail, but do it early as most of the trail is exposed to sun. There is a artesian spring at the crossing with awesome water.

Saturday, July 15, 2017

11 year old scouts loved it.

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Incredible views! A nice tough hike that is well worth it.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

This is good as it gets when you're only a couple miles from your house to be able to get up into the mountains quickly amazing hike.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Great, moderate hike with beautiful meadows between the Grove Creek and Battle Creek trails, and a few waterfalls along the way. Only bummer was the last, dusty 1.1 mile stretch between Grove Creek and Battle Creek falls. Next time, I may just do an out and back starting from the Grove Creek Parking and up to the meadows.
There's a few sections there are a bit steep for the kiddos.
Wildlife: Turkey, Deer, snakes, birds

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

I really enjoyed this hike for the most part. While the scenery was beautiful the whole way, I'd have given this 5 stars if there was some kind of summit or overlook. The hike was a little anticlimactic ending on the part that connects the two parking lots. We started at the grove creek lot and went clockwise which is definitely what I would recommend. Then meadows at the top are enchanting. It was also lovely to see two waterfalls and the spring. Really great hike, took about 4 hours to complete the loop.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

This is a very beautiful hike with two waterfalls and meadows on the top. Indian Springs is a good place to refill water bottles. The Grove Creek side is steeper, rockier, and sunnier. The Battlecreek side is more forested, and therefore shadier.

It took about 4.5 hours at an average pace with a .5 hour break starting from the Grove Creek parking lot and looping around clockwise. If I hiked this again (which I would), I would still go clockwise, but park in the Battlecreek parking lot instead.

Sunday, June 04, 2017

The highlight of this hike for me is definitely the beautiful meadows at the top. I recommend starting with the flat walk between the two canyons or parking a car at the mouth of each canyon.

There are some spots on the Grove Creek side where you can take the wrong trail, but if you follow the map on All Trails you won't get lost.

Also it gets extremely crowded around the falls on the Battle Creek side, so be prepared for that.

It also gets pretty steep going downhill, and I wish I had brought trecking poles.

Saturday, May 13, 2017

I don't know how this isn't rated well into the high fours! This is one of my favorite hikes ever! Seems like the low ratings come from people who weren't prepared for the distance or the climb. It's moderately steep.

Mid May is a gorgeous time to go! Everything is green and the waterfalls and streams are full of water. The meadow at the top is the biggest, most beautiful mountain meadow I've ever seen. And it hikes right under Timp! And since I hit the meadow around 7 pm, the deer were starting to come out to feed. I drank from the spring, it was refreshing!

As far as distance, there's no way this is is 10 like some reviewers say. The Battle Creek portion is 2.5 miles, the Grove Creek portion to the spring is 2.8 miles. The stretches in between are maybe a mile to a mile and half tops?

However, the all trails map is wrong. If you start heading up Grove creek then across the top to the Battle Creek trail, you'll actually drop down into Battle Creek canyon sooner than the map says. There are signs that guide you though. If you follow the map, then maybe it really is closer to ten.

Sunday, May 07, 2017

Took my husky/collie mix. She loved it, me not so much. party of that was that it was 3 miles longer than expected. this app said a little over 7. 10.19 miles is what my GPS and fitness tracker marked. If I ever did this again I would probably start with the part that connects Grove Creek and Battle Creek as that was a very ugly and anticlimactic ending for me this time. Unless your buns and thighs are in top shape I would recommend trekking poles. Make sure you either know which trails/roads to take our you have a GPS. We saw deer, a turkey, and a crazy bird that scared us to death!

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Heading up Grove Creek to the falls isn't the prettiest trail but once you get into the pines at the waterfall it is really nice the rest of the way. There is a spring at the top which I've used for years. The meadows at the top are amazing.