Green Pond Trail

Green Pond Trail is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Snow Basin, Utah that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

This trail is used mainly by mountain bikers and hikers. The trail is suited for most people and is very kid friendly. The trail has a picnic area and a small pond along the way. Horses are not allowed on this trail any longer.

56 minutes ago

Beautiful trail! Well managed. Perfect for families. I took a 3 yr old and 1 yr old in a backpack, it was perfect for us.

Loved the red of the changing oak leaves and the bright yellow of the Aspens. There were lots of bikers but they were all kind and courteous.

Had an awesome trip. They were having a mountain bike race up Snowbasin, but we talked to a few couples walking out of the trail that said the race was on the other side of the pond, so we just took a quick trip to the pond and back. Had all four children with us (8,4,3,5weeks) so it was a good first time out. We’ll be back to hike the whole thing soon enough.

If you go soon after this is posted, BEWARE and read on.
Great hike, especially for kids. One problem. We went yesterday, hiked up to the pond. We walked around the pond, which it seems like few do. The little trail is somewhat overgrown. We stumbled onto a ground nest of hornets right in the middle of the trail and they swarmed. Whole family got stung several times. As you walk up to the pond, the nest is along the right side (west). If you stay on the other side, I'm sure you'll be fine. It wasn't until we walked right up on it that we had trouble. They chased us for several hundred yards back down the trail. We passed a couple that was heading up, told them about it and they decided to go up anyway and got stung as well. Otherwise, this was a great hike — perfect for young children. Not too far, not too strenuous. Just right. That being said, I don't think I'll be able to get the kids to come back to it. Good story for them to tell though. Builds character.

Beautiful hike for the family. No restrooms but there is a nice pond at the picnic area. Only a couple miles away from the Snowbasin Resort!

The trail is well marked easy hike however beware of the wasps that hang out by the pond!!

Great shaded hike. Kid friendly and easy for all.

This was a really pretty trail, however it is not well marked. In order to actually see the pond, you need to go to the “Picnic Area”. There, you will see a nice view of the pond. If you go past that sign, you won’t really see the pond. It does lead to the ski trails which were pretty neat.

Beautiful trail!

Hiked this trail with my 10yo & 7yo. Nice and easy little trail. Beautiful scenery, lots of shade and a well marked trail. Had a little picnic at the bench near the end of the trail. Was gone for about 2.5 hours.

We often bring a huge group of kiddos with us ages a year to 14 and they’re all capable of walking, running, exploring and enjoying this trail. I’ve only ever been in the spring time and it’s always beautiful. The pond however has leeches so I would say no to letting any little feet in there or allowing your dog to play around in it. Depending on the day there can be lots of bikers.

Easy trail with amazing views!! The trail was almost entirely packed snow with some muddy areas. Still had good traction though, no need for the yak-tracks today

The sunshine was bright and warm, the snow-covered trail was well-packed and crunchy (no snowshoes necessary), and the views were gorgeous. We hiked to the picnic area and enjoyed a little afternoon snack. Easy hike for the kids to a pretty snow-covered lake along a lovely little creek.

Just beautiful and the fish were awesome.

Loved the hike but the bikers ruined it for me! Easy trail and beautiful foliage.

Hiked this Sept 3 and it was beautiful!

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Hiked this for the first time today. Beautiful views of the mountains in all directions. A mix of shade and sunny areas along the way. I stopped at the "picnic area" at the pond then decided to travel the "Snowbasin trail #12" until I reached a dirt road that crosses the path. The path continues on on the other side of the road but I decided not to push a knee that's been acting up so I turned around to head back. Almost got ran over by a mountain biker so couples with kids my advise is leave the kids home and hike this one by yourselves unless you want to constantly yank your kids out of the path of a cyclist. I will definitely try this hike further when my knee formula has more time to work it's magic on me.

Sunday, September 03, 2017

Awesome. Allow yourself 2-3 hour to do the full ride-dont go in May, snow may not have melted! Bring water, snacks and extra clothes as it gets colder in later day.

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Fun easy hike and very beautiful, but pond has leeches! I let my dogs play in the water and they came out with leeches. Beware!

Friday, August 04, 2017

We should have read all of the reviews before we headed out. We thought the pond was the end destination and didn't realize the "Picnic Area" was it. It was a nice hike, though, and had good views at the top.

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Nice little trail for a family. Much less frequented than the popular trails in Big or Little Cottonwood Canyons. Be aware that there really is no destination at the top. The lake halfway through the hike is really the destination. At the top, the trail simply ends by meeting up with a dirt road frequented by mountain bikers.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

A beautiful hike. Lots of wildlife

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Fun, easy hike. The kids had a good time and the pond was a pretty place to stop and eat. Lots of mountain bike traffic. They were polite and respectful.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Nice trail to a pretty pond up by Snowbasin.

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Monday, June 05, 2017

Mountain Bike Scheisters have consumed the trail. Was almost taken out by two cyclists today. Hikers recommend you avoid the trail on weekends. Watch your kids.

Monday, May 29, 2017

The hike is absolutely beautiful in the late spring with the flowers & sunshine. Mixed use so be prepared for the MTB-ers. Trailhead can be confusing. Park and cross the road (go uphill) to see the pond. Less than a mile to get to it. You must take the "Picnic Area" spur. Hope that helps!

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Took the 3 kids and it's a great hike for the family :)

Tuesday, May 09, 2017

A nice, easy hike. Exactly the spring evening mountain get-away hike that I needed. It was a little muddy from all the snow melt and recent rain but worth it.