Green Pond Trail

Green Pond Trail is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Snow Basin, Utah that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

This trail is used mainly by mountain bikers and hikers. The trail is suited for most people and is very kid friendly. The trail has a picnic area and a small pond along the way. Horses are not allowed on this trail any longer.

Hiked this trail with my 10yo & 7yo. Nice and easy little trail. Beautiful scenery, lots of shade and a well marked trail. Had a little picnic at the bench near the end of the trail. Was gone for about 2.5 hours.

We often bring a huge group of kiddos with us ages a year to 14 and they’re all capable of walking, running, exploring and enjoying this trail. I’ve only ever been in the spring time and it’s always beautiful. The pond however has leeches so I would say no to letting any little feet in there or allowing your dog to play around in it. Depending on the day there can be lots of bikers.

Easy trail with amazing views!! The trail was almost entirely packed snow with some muddy areas. Still had good traction though, no need for the yak-tracks today

The sunshine was bright and warm, the snow-covered trail was well-packed and crunchy (no snowshoes necessary), and the views were gorgeous. We hiked to the picnic area and enjoyed a little afternoon snack. Easy hike for the kids to a pretty snow-covered lake along a lovely little creek.

Just beautiful and the fish were awesome.

Loved the hike but the bikers ruined it for me! Easy trail and beautiful foliage.

Hiked this Sept 3 and it was beautiful!

Hiked this for the first time today. Beautiful views of the mountains in all directions. A mix of shade and sunny areas along the way. I stopped at the "picnic area" at the pond then decided to travel the "Snowbasin trail #12" until I reached a dirt road that crosses the path. The path continues on on the other side of the road but I decided not to push a knee that's been acting up so I turned around to head back. Almost got ran over by a mountain biker so couples with kids my advise is leave the kids home and hike this one by yourselves unless you want to constantly yank your kids out of the path of a cyclist. I will definitely try this hike further when my knee formula has more time to work it's magic on me.

Awesome. Allow yourself 2-3 hour to do the full ride-dont go in May, snow may not have melted! Bring water, snacks and extra clothes as it gets colder in later day.

Fun easy hike and very beautiful, but pond has leeches! I let my dogs play in the water and they came out with leeches. Beware!

We should have read all of the reviews before we headed out. We thought the pond was the end destination and didn't realize the "Picnic Area" was it. It was a nice hike, though, and had good views at the top.

Nice little trail for a family. Much less frequented than the popular trails in Big or Little Cottonwood Canyons. Be aware that there really is no destination at the top. The lake halfway through the hike is really the destination. At the top, the trail simply ends by meeting up with a dirt road frequented by mountain bikers.

A beautiful hike. Lots of wildlife

Fun, easy hike. The kids had a good time and the pond was a pretty place to stop and eat. Lots of mountain bike traffic. They were polite and respectful.

Nice trail to a pretty pond up by Snowbasin.

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Monday, June 05, 2017

Mountain Bike Scheisters have consumed the trail. Was almost taken out by two cyclists today. Hikers recommend you avoid the trail on weekends. Watch your kids.

Monday, May 29, 2017

The hike is absolutely beautiful in the late spring with the flowers & sunshine. Mixed use so be prepared for the MTB-ers. Trailhead can be confusing. Park and cross the road (go uphill) to see the pond. Less than a mile to get to it. You must take the "Picnic Area" spur. Hope that helps!

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Took the 3 kids and it's a great hike for the family :)

Tuesday, May 09, 2017

A nice, easy hike. Exactly the spring evening mountain get-away hike that I needed. It was a little muddy from all the snow melt and recent rain but worth it.

Sunday, May 07, 2017

Great mtn biking trail, a little rocky.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Great winter trail. We had toddlers and they enjoyed the powder! Not too steep or icy today.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Great trail, awesome for biking.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Easy trail, pretty scenery, perfect for a Sunday afternoon walk. This is good for kids, as well. There were many people and lots of mountain bikes. Most people riding their bikes were polite, but a few were quite rude.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Great hike. Very gradual incline. Not to hard for our 3 kids. Lots of mountain bike traffic, but we didn't mind.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Great little hike, not difficult at all, although it is rocky in certain areas and you share the trail with mountain bikers. Usually we park on Snowbasin road (by the Wheeler trailhead and walk across the street to the Green Pond trailhead. At the end of Green Pond we connect up with the #12 Snowbasin trail which will run you back to the Green Pond trail and back to the road, making a nice 4.5 mile loop. We try to hit the pond on our way out, usually as a time to rest and eat a little before going home. Have fun, it's a great little hike!

Monday, July 04, 2016

This is a family favorite. Beautiful, cool air, typically not crowded and has a picnic table by the pond. Little kids can easily do this.

Friday, April 08, 2016

I took my kids ages 8 and 10 on this hike. It is not difficult and is pretty. We parked at the point where the Old Snow Basin road is closed and hiked to Green pond. It was 2.75 miles each direction. There are also closer places to park to hike to the pond as well.

Saturday, November 14, 2015

A fun area to hike and the pond along the way is a great place to picnic. I have been up here many times hiking and geocaching. This is a very busy area for biking so be aware of your surroundings.