Green Pond Trail

Green Pond Trail is a 3.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Snow Basin, Utah that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

This trail is used mainly by mountain bikers and hikers. The trail is suited for most people and is very kid friendly. The trail has a picnic area and a small pond along the way. Horses are not allowed on this trail any longer.

Hiked this for the first time today. Beautiful views of the mountains in all directions. A mix of shade and sunny areas along the way. I stopped at the "picnic area" at the pond then decided to travel the "Snowbasin trail #12" until I reached a dirt road that crosses the path. The path continues on on the other side of the road but I decided not to push a knee that's been acting up so I turned around to head back. Almost got ran over by a mountain biker so couples with kids my advise is leave the kids home and hike this one by yourselves unless you want to constantly yank your kids out of the path of a cyclist. I will definitely try this hike further when my knee formula has more time to work it's magic on me.

Awesome. Allow yourself 2-3 hour to do the full ride-dont go in May, snow may not have melted! Bring water, snacks and extra clothes as it gets colder in later day.

Fun easy hike and very beautiful, but pond has leeches! I let my dogs play in the water and they came out with leeches. Beware!

We should have read all of the reviews before we headed out. We thought the pond was the end destination and didn't realize the "Picnic Area" was it. It was a nice hike, though, and had good views at the top.

Nice little trail for a family. Much less frequented than the popular trails in Big or Little Cottonwood Canyons. Be aware that there really is no destination at the top. The lake halfway through the hike is really the destination. At the top, the trail simply ends by meeting up with a dirt road frequented by mountain bikers.

A beautiful hike. Lots of wildlife

Fun, easy hike. The kids had a good time and the pond was a pretty place to stop and eat. Lots of mountain bike traffic. They were polite and respectful.

Nice trail to a pretty pond up by Snowbasin.