Green Pond Trail

Green Pond Trail is a 3.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Snow Basin, Utah that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

This trail is used mainly by mountain bikers and hikers. The trail is suited for most people and is very kid friendly. The trail has a picnic area and a small pond along the way. Horses are not allowed on this trail any longer.

The sunshine was bright and warm, the snow-covered trail was well-packed and crunchy (no snowshoes necessary), and the views were gorgeous. We hiked to the picnic area and enjoyed a little afternoon snack. Easy hike for the kids to a pretty snow-covered lake along a lovely little creek.

Just beautiful and the fish were awesome.

Loved the hike but the bikers ruined it for me! Easy trail and beautiful foliage.

Hiked this Sept 3 and it was beautiful!

Hiked this for the first time today. Beautiful views of the mountains in all directions. A mix of shade and sunny areas along the way. I stopped at the "picnic area" at the pond then decided to travel the "Snowbasin trail #12" until I reached a dirt road that crosses the path. The path continues on on the other side of the road but I decided not to push a knee that's been acting up so I turned around to head back. Almost got ran over by a mountain biker so couples with kids my advise is leave the kids home and hike this one by yourselves unless you want to constantly yank your kids out of the path of a cyclist. I will definitely try this hike further when my knee formula has more time to work it's magic on me.

Awesome. Allow yourself 2-3 hour to do the full ride-dont go in May, snow may not have melted! Bring water, snacks and extra clothes as it gets colder in later day.

Fun easy hike and very beautiful, but pond has leeches! I let my dogs play in the water and they came out with leeches. Beware!

We should have read all of the reviews before we headed out. We thought the pond was the end destination and didn't realize the "Picnic Area" was it. It was a nice hike, though, and had good views at the top.

Nice little trail for a family. Much less frequented than the popular trails in Big or Little Cottonwood Canyons. Be aware that there really is no destination at the top. The lake halfway through the hike is really the destination. At the top, the trail simply ends by meeting up with a dirt road frequented by mountain bikers.

A beautiful hike. Lots of wildlife

Fun, easy hike. The kids had a good time and the pond was a pretty place to stop and eat. Lots of mountain bike traffic. They were polite and respectful.

Nice trail to a pretty pond up by Snowbasin.

Mountain Bike Scheisters have consumed the trail. Was almost taken out by two cyclists today. Hikers recommend you avoid the trail on weekends. Watch your kids.

The hike is absolutely beautiful in the late spring with the flowers & sunshine. Mixed use so be prepared for the MTB-ers. Trailhead can be confusing. Park and cross the road (go uphill) to see the pond. Less than a mile to get to it. You must take the "Picnic Area" spur. Hope that helps!

Took the 3 kids and it's a great hike for the family :)

A nice, easy hike. Exactly the spring evening mountain get-away hike that I needed. It was a little muddy from all the snow melt and recent rain but worth it.

Great mtn biking trail, a little rocky.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Great winter trail. We had toddlers and they enjoyed the powder! Not too steep or icy today.