Granite Trail

Granite Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Granite, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Great spot for a hike! Lots of rocks but no scrambling necessary - just watch your footing. Technically you will need to cross a stream of rushing water near the reservoir (no sign posted near there but there is a warning sign at the trailhead) and a utility bridge over water toward the eastern turn back point on the hike. Go early because parking becomes scarce as the day goes on, but you can find parking beyond the first lot.

This was a fun trail with beautiful wild flowers and scrub oak. Parking lot is small, but you can park along the road at the nearest intersection.

Great trail with a BIG payoff! The lake at the top is beautiful. I’d highly recommend taking a left at the top of the trail to go around the lake. Just before the first hill, take the side path to the right. It’s shaded and beautiful, and follows pretty much the same path as the main trail. When you get to the other side of the lake, you will need to cross the water by scrambling on some rocks. I am usually afraid to do things like this due to my terrible sense of balance, but I was able to handle it without falling or screaming.
Although the trail was quite busy and I had to wait to find parking on a Sunday afternoon at 2pm, I would still highly recommend this hike.

The best way to get up to the lower bells! Suitable for young’ins or older folk. The constant turns/zigzags on your way up easy the hike up, and make it a lot more fun.

Great hike! took my 2 year old (on my back) and my 3, almost 4, year old walked the whole time.

Very busy trail, even in the middle of the afternoon in the middle of the week. Luckily there were no mountain bikers, it was all hikers. But, very busy trail. Our only issues were once we made it up the incline about 0.7 mile up, and actually saw the reservoir, we weren't sure were to go to actually go to walk around the lake. We went up the dirt road about 1/8 mile and realized we needed to go back down to get on the actual trail that would go around the reservoir. So, we got on that, and realized about 1/4 way on that trail that it became indistinguishable as to where the trail went correctly and did not go anywhere. We ended up walking through a very large area of what could only be considered as marsh as we sloshed through mud and muck to finally find the trail again at the waterfall on the East side of the reservoir. We crossed that and were on great trail all the rest of the way around. Hiked back down to the trail head and overall it was a great experience. CAUTION! There was NO shade on this trail. Bring hats, sunscreen and plenty of water. Great experience overall though, ENJOY!

Great place to hike alone or with family. Heavy traffic, limited parking.

A lotta bang for your buck on this trail. This is the easier of the two routes to access Bells Canyon. Parking is tight though. There are a couple overflow lots.

Beautiful. we loved the lake, the scenery, the rocks, all of it! there were some icy patches, but that's to be expected in the winter.

Nice little loop. would be a nice easy area for beginner snowshoeing when it get enough snow.

I just moved to Utah and this was a great starting hike to get used to the elevation a little bit. Nice scenery of the city and a pretty lake to rest at. I'll definitely be back.

I liked this hike. The trees haven't really changed color, but it will be really pretty when they do. There are a couple steep parts, but not bad. This trail leads you to the Bells canyon reservoir which was WAY easier than taking the Bells canyon trail to get to the reservoir.

total bummer drove all the way from Holladay to the trailhead and saw the no dog sign at the trailhead although this is marked as a dog used trail in this app

Hiked almost the whole way until we saw a no dog sign...

This is a fine trail, but not the greatest. A little steep in some parts for kid legs. When I went last fall the water was really low, but the boys still liked to throw rocks in it.

Confusing to get started but gorgeous at the top. If you fly fish bring your ROD boys/girls

Nice hike with cool views.

Good hike, but be watchful for rattlesnakes. Came across one on the trail.

Nice, shady, and super easy. Good for taking little ones.

It's the easier trail to head up to Bells Canyon Waterfall.

Great for 2nd or 3rd hikes! Lots of uphill and downhill.

Nice and easy little hike around the lake :)

Easy and beautiful views the whole way. Seemed to be a kid-friendly trail.

Took my boys, 9 and 10, no worries. Lot's of water, stay clear of the falls. Lot's of small animals and birds actively welcoming spring and looking for food. Good trip, great distance and vertical for the boys. Initial vertical is greater than 80% of the hike if you set in from LCC.

Good hike up and a trickier run back down.

Monday, May 22, 2017

Beautiful view, wild flowers, squirrels, birds, ducks and lakes. You enjoy the nature noises and the smell of the flowers.

Monday, May 15, 2017

This hike was GREAT! Much easier way to get to Lower Bells Reservoir than the boulder trail, at least if you are carrying a kiddo on your back! Highly trafficked after noon, so go early! Incredible views. Perfect beginner trail, a beautiful hike.

Monday, May 15, 2017

Great hike with great views!