Granite Trail

Granite Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Granite, Utah that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

easy hike, less parking lots, bad smelling restroom which you can enjoy at the beginning and the end...

Easy hike. No parking at 11 am on a Saturday, so I suggest being there earlier. Only gave it a 4 because we got lost in the trees and could not figure out the loop around the lake. Other than that, beautiful hike!

Easy hike, pretty lake, very busy

Love the loop around the lake!

My mom lost her prescription sunglasses in the creek on the west side while we were crossing. She really liked them and would be willing to give a 75$ reward if anyone happens to find them. I know it’s a long shot but if you happen to find them you can email me connorkab@gmail.com

Easy, short hike with a bit of traffic. The trail isn't marked too well around the resivore, but you can make it around fine.

very popular. lots of traffic. it's a beautiful view and worth the hike, but the trail around the lake wasn't very clearly marked... we ended up taking a wrong turn that left us 6 inches in mud. whoops!! :) I prefer less busy trails--hence the 3 stars. but it's beautiful. we did find 4 cans of beer and a pack of cigarettes along the way; we left them in the trash can at the trail head. sp watch out for stuff like that!

Beautiful view at the end of trail.

This a very beautiful trail, easy, dense with wildflowers. It is however completely unejoyable as it is overcrowded and you may spend just as much time waiting to pass as you do hiking. walked out with higher anxiety than going in! Maybe early morning?

Great hike for a family being super close to town. More foot traffic than I would like, but understandable due to ease of access. My son loved going up this and he is 5. We encountered a goose that wanted food from us and started to charge when we didn't provide any (so watch out for geese ;) ). I will be doing this again, and continuing on later in the year to see some of the other views higher up.

Great spot for a hike! Lots of rocks but no scrambling necessary - just watch your footing. Technically you will need to cross a stream of rushing water near the reservoir (no sign posted near there but there is a warning sign at the trailhead) and a utility bridge over water toward the eastern turn back point on the hike. Go early because parking becomes scarce as the day goes on, but you can find parking beyond the first lot.

This was a fun trail with beautiful wild flowers and scrub oak. Parking lot is small, but you can park along the road at the nearest intersection.

Great trail with a BIG payoff! The lake at the top is beautiful. I’d highly recommend taking a left at the top of the trail to go around the lake. Just before the first hill, take the side path to the right. It’s shaded and beautiful, and follows pretty much the same path as the main trail. When you get to the other side of the lake, you will need to cross the water by scrambling on some rocks. I am usually afraid to do things like this due to my terrible sense of balance, but I was able to handle it without falling or screaming.
Although the trail was quite busy and I had to wait to find parking on a Sunday afternoon at 2pm, I would still highly recommend this hike.

The best way to get up to the lower bells! Suitable for young’ins or older folk. The constant turns/zigzags on your way up easy the hike up, and make it a lot more fun.

Great hike! took my 2 year old (on my back) and my 3, almost 4, year old walked the whole time.

Very busy trail, even in the middle of the afternoon in the middle of the week. Luckily there were no mountain bikers, it was all hikers. But, very busy trail. Our only issues were once we made it up the incline about 0.7 mile up, and actually saw the reservoir, we weren't sure were to go to actually go to walk around the lake. We went up the dirt road about 1/8 mile and realized we needed to go back down to get on the actual trail that would go around the reservoir. So, we got on that, and realized about 1/4 way on that trail that it became indistinguishable as to where the trail went correctly and did not go anywhere. We ended up walking through a very large area of what could only be considered as marsh as we sloshed through mud and muck to finally find the trail again at the waterfall on the East side of the reservoir. We crossed that and were on great trail all the rest of the way around. Hiked back down to the trail head and overall it was a great experience. CAUTION! There was NO shade on this trail. Bring hats, sunscreen and plenty of water. Great experience overall though, ENJOY!

Great place to hike alone or with family. Heavy traffic, limited parking.

A lotta bang for your buck on this trail. This is the easier of the two routes to access Bells Canyon. Parking is tight though. There are a couple overflow lots.

Beautiful. we loved the lake, the scenery, the rocks, all of it! there were some icy patches, but that's to be expected in the winter.

Nice little loop. would be a nice easy area for beginner snowshoeing when it get enough snow.

I just moved to Utah and this was a great starting hike to get used to the elevation a little bit. Nice scenery of the city and a pretty lake to rest at. I'll definitely be back.

I liked this hike. The trees haven't really changed color, but it will be really pretty when they do. There are a couple steep parts, but not bad. This trail leads you to the Bells canyon reservoir which was WAY easier than taking the Bells canyon trail to get to the reservoir.

total bummer drove all the way from Holladay to the trailhead and saw the no dog sign at the trailhead although this is marked as a dog used trail in this app

Hiked almost the whole way until we saw a no dog sign...

This is a fine trail, but not the greatest. A little steep in some parts for kid legs. When I went last fall the water was really low, but the boys still liked to throw rocks in it.

Confusing to get started but gorgeous at the top. If you fly fish bring your ROD boys/girls

Nice hike with cool views.

Thursday, July 06, 2017

Good hike, but be watchful for rattlesnakes. Came across one on the trail.