Grandstaff Trail is a 4.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Moab, Utah that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

At the end of this hike you come to Morning Glory Natural Bridge. The arch is only separated from the cliff behind it by 15 feet, so it is not as spectacular or photogenic as some other arches in the area that are not as big. When you stand directly underneath the span 75 feet above you, it is a very impressive piece of rock. On the list it is ranked 5th largest span in the world. Note: Be mindful of poison ivy along this trail.

Loved this trail! Shade and several creek crossings made this a very enjoyable hike in the afternoon. Fun to see a group repelling off the natural bridge at the end too. My 4 kids had no problem navigating this one. We saw lots of dogs.

Beautiful canyon scenery with a massive stone bridge at the end. I was not expecting it to be so large. Definitely a moderate hike, there are a lot of creek crossings.

This was an amazing trail. 5 minute drive outside of the arches visitor center. Not nearly as high traffic as the park. Remarkably beautiful and if you go later into the day (just before sunset) you’ll have the canyon and it’s views to yourself.

Lovely trail! sunset was really nice here

This trail is amazing.. Waterfalls scenic views and a wonderful arch.. Even a mini cave. Do yourself a favor and hike this trail!!

really nice hike. not busy lots of beautiful scenery, and interesting path. you zig zag across the river/stream, and we managed to stay pretty dry by rock hopping, but saw a lot of people with water sandals too.

overall, loved this one, definitely recommend.

Great moderate hike. Enough shade. Dog loved the water crossing!! Natural bridge was beautiful!

Absolutely no regrets. Went with my best girlfriend on a Tuesday afternoon around 3:30p early September. Definitely a hidden gem. We saw maybe 6 people on the hike. Amazing, surround-scenery experience from the valley viewpoint. It offers a nice combination of shade and open land. The end of the trail is like a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. Not well marked, but it wasn’t too much of a problem. Hope to go back in this lifetime again.

Beautiful trail!! Amazing to have the creek running through almost the entire way! Challenging and fun!

It was a lovely hike with tons of morning shade and refreshing stream that ran alongside the entire trail. The end of trial was a.bit anticlimactic. But I thought it was worth the time and effort.really busy on the day I was there.

Fantastic spot to get away from the heat and crowds at Arches. Cliffs and vegetation provide some shade along much of the trail route and there's several spots with water crossings. Moderate challenge for a young family hike that's not too long with great reward at the end (large arch and cool, shady canyon with water dripping from walls). Careful of poison ivy clusters.

Very scenic with multiple stream crossings that make the hike even more fun.

This has made its way to one of my favorite hiking trails. This is a moderate hike that includes navigating rocks, some climbing and crossing the creek several times (and sometimes there weren’t rocks to walk across so wear good hiking boots). I hiked alone but saw about a dozen people during the entire hike. There are some small signs and cairns along the trail to help keep you on course which I was thankful for at times. The arch and natural waterfall forcing its way between two rock faces was worth it at the end.

Great trail! It's listed as 4.3 miles, but my recording was 5.1 miles. The views into the canyon are beautiful, and the natural bridge at the end of the canyon is awesome!

mostly soft sand, trail is signed and pretty easy to follow, flowing water even in late July and lots of vegetation....make sure you know what poison ivy looks like and you shouldn't have a problem avoiding it

Great trail with an amazing resting spot at the end. Took our 9 year old, lab and 22 month old on our back. Better to do this hike in the morning due to the heat. Our pooch had a hard time with her paws getting too hot. Plenty of areas to cool off as there is water all along the route. Even found a nice pool about 2 feet deep to play in. Perfect family hike!

Relatively easy hike. When you get to the bridge and short of water you can refill your bottle with the water seeping through the rock. Several spots to cool off if you choose to dip into the stream. I did.

One of my favorite hikes now. Even though there is shade bring water when it's hot out. Some minor scrambling but just a pleasant hike with a great cavern at the end. This will be on my to do list each time I visit Moab. Highly recommend.

Wildlife, wildflowers and yes, poison ivy. I think we successfully avoided the poison ivy. The bridge and area around the bridge, amazing.

Beautiful hike but watch out for the poison ivy and take plenty of water

Did this trail with two of our kids yesterday ages 21 and 10. Beautiful scenery but there is an abundance of poison ivy so be careful! There were some parts of the trail that were a tight squeeze on slippery rock but it was very manageable for all of us.

A great hike for a summer day! Able to take the dogs and it’s partially shaded so it wasn’t as hot as other trails in the area. Lots of water crossings, your feet will get wet! Nice scenery with the rock canyons, bushes, plants and stream/river! Be careful, there is a lot of poison ivy but easy to avoid- just be aware.

Total 5.0 miles. I would rate this as easy.

Awesome hike for a hot day with a great destination. The stream is cold and refreshing. There are small fish and a few crawdads in living in the stream as well. Make sure to take time to try and catch some! It's a blast.

Excellent and part shade was a bonus!!

Great trail and scenery. Our favorite trail in Moab.

We went about 30 minutes in and had a nice time. We liked that we could bring our dog, but parts of the trail were overgrown. It was dry enough that we did not get wet, but we could get close enough for our dog to drink from the stream. About half the time we were in shade and it was a nice walk.

Loved this hike. One of the most puppy friendly ones I’ve done. Lots of places for the dog to cool off. Pretty interesting views along the way.

One of my favorite trails in the area- possibly ever! Very easy to follow and you follow a stream for most of the hike. Diverse ecology yields many different beautiful aromas in the canyon. I try to go every time I go to Moab!

After hiking Arches and Canyonlands, this may be my favorite all around hike in Moab. It has a little of everything; open, wide trail, several stream crossings, and some rock scrambling. The payoff at the end is more than just the bridge, the entire cavern is impressive too!