Grandeur Peak Trail from Church Fork

Grandeur Peak Trail from Church Fork is a 6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Very good route. Had modest snow and ice. Have read that this is EASY, and read that this is MODERATE. Based on current conditions, I would rate difficult. I base this on climbing Camelback mountain in Phoenix a week or so ago and that was rated double diamond "extremely difficult". You cannot snowshoe this. I was glad I didn't grab any and instead opted for my spikes. Saw many people wishing they had brought spikes.

I'm not a runner, was carrying medium pack (training for bigger climbs) and using sticks. Start was very cold and Packed snow. About half way it shifts to lots of ice and slush. Then on the westbound leg plenty of mud mixes in with ice. The final half miles gets a little steeper and there are a few 3-4' little scrambles that are a little precarious coming back down. The summit is great. Wonderful views and a couple places (rocks) to sit and cook a lunch. The estimate of 2.5hrs was spot on for me. Round trip from road (gate closed) was right at 5 miles with 2500' gained. Lots of people on the route today, but not overly crowded. Current weather is a little odd where higher elevations are warmer than the lower ones.

Always a great hike, even with 8”-12” of new snow. In winter months you’ll add 0.3 of a mile hiking up from the main road since the gate is locked until spring. Had the peak all to myself with amazing coral-like snow covered trees. Remember to hydrate in winter even though it’s cold and the sun goes down really early. Most of the hike will be shaded after 4:00 p.m.

Fun hike, a little slippery with snow/slush near the summit.

Beginning of the hike had coverage, but the last half of the hike didn't have any and it got really hot. I would go early enough that you are able to get to the top before it gets hot (took us two hours up). Beautiful waterfalls and scenery along the trail and amazing views at the top.

Great peak to be able to bag if you don’t have much time.

The views while hiking were beautiful! I didn’t get to see the view from the peak because it was snowing and covered in clouds. Which was fun in and of itself, but I would like to see the view one day. I will be doing this hike again next Spring/Summer!

I am an avid hiker and the hike up took me 1 hour 20 minutes. The trail was marked and easy to follow. You may want to pay attention to the trail at the very top, once you start climbing rocks, I think that’s the only place you may get confused on the way back down.

Great hike w/ 3 dogs.

This was constantly steep. We ran out of time and didn't make it to the top but got to the second overlook and we're satisfied with what we accomplished. Next time we'll plan better. Great workout!