Grandeur Peak from Mill Creek Pipeline

Grandeur Peak from Mill Creek Pipeline is a 10.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Millcreek, Utah that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and backpacking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I’m not originally from the area so I’m not familiar with the trails. I found the trailhead but the trail forks a number of time with nothing indicating which way to go. I ended up on some narrow, overgrown trail that runs along a drop off. I hiked to some cliff face, which was beautiful but it wasn’t what I set out to do. By the time I found the right trail, I was too tired to continue. I’ll try again another time.

Did this trail for the first time on Sunday (December 10, 2017) and it didn't feel like a Mid December Hike. The first mile is a gradual ascent until you merge with the BST. From a runners standpoint its nice to have a good almost 4 runnable miles before merging with the Grandeur Peak trail for the Ascent. We used poles and had Traction for the descent.

Friday, July 29, 2016