Grandeur Peak from Mill Creek Pipeline

hardYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(38)
Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest

Grandeur Peak from Mill Creek Pipeline is a 10.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as difficult and is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and backpacking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 10.7 miles Elevation Gain: 3,602 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Decent amount of shade on the way up, except for when the tail plateaus, them there’s lots of exposure. Didn’t make it to the top, but I’m definitely coming back, loved the greenery and the views.

Most of this hike is actually pretty shady until you get towards the final ascent then you get more exposed. You got a lot of nice running water along side you during the first half of the hike also. I don’t know if I would’ve liked the hike nearly as much if I had taken the much shorter route that other people talk about on here. I think the extra distance is totally worth it. Saw a rattlesnake right off the trail also so be careful out there!

loved it!

Long way to Grandeur peak. Pretty mellow until the last section when you have to climb some steep rock terrain. Overall very moderate hike with amazing views. Even with it being an odd day, still bikers on the trail.

Great hike, amazing views at top! Snow is all gone. We clocked more like 12 miles plus round trip from Mill Creek.

(REVIEW FOR THE FRONT SIDE OPTION) Very exposed the whole way. Zero shade so have enough water and sunscreen etc. Aprox Last 200 yards had a foot+ of snow. You might get wet socks if you have normal gym shoes on. The very top is dry enough to sit and enjoy the view. The steep-ness is comparable to stairs the whole way. Wear grippy boots, trecking poles will help too

Wasn't too difficult, the views were good but not as nice as some of the other ones in the Wasatch

Hiked from Rattlesnake Gulch to Grandeur Peak with my dog today and loved it! The trail to the top was easy to follow, though slippery near the summit with the melting snow. Took several wrong turns getting off the peak and ended up on some steep piles of scree, so I had to hike back up a few times. Make sure you bring a map so you can avoid my fate!

pretty steep, but we'll worth it!

Mon May 27 2019

Hiked from Rattlesnake Trailhead to the junction with the Granduer Peak trail tonight. Previously hike from Church fork to Granduer Peak. This is a much longer way to get to the summit

Tue Aug 14 2018

I’m not originally from the area so I’m not familiar with the trails. I found the trailhead but the trail forks a number of time with nothing indicating which way to go. I ended up on some narrow, overgrown trail that runs along a drop off. I hiked to some cliff face, which was beautiful but it wasn’t what I set out to do. By the time I found the right trail, I was too tired to continue. I’ll try again another time.

Mon Dec 11 2017

Did this trail for the first time on Sunday (December 10, 2017) and it didn't feel like a Mid December Hike. The first mile is a gradual ascent until you merge with the BST. From a runners standpoint its nice to have a good almost 4 runnable miles before merging with the Grandeur Peak trail for the Ascent. We used poles and had Traction for the descent.