Grandeur Peak East Trail from Church Fork

hardYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(1495)
Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest

Grandeur Peak East Trail from Church Fork is a 7.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.1 miles Elevation Gain: 2,706 feet Route Type: Out & Back

partially paved

fee

Note: The restrooms are currently closed due to COVID 19. If you drive up into the canyon, there is a $5 fee

Awesome hike. Pretty strenuous incline the entire way to the summit, but it was well worth it. The first mile or so was shaded, the rest of the hike was pretty exposed to the sun. Great wildlife throughout the hike: tons of lizards, a snake, some cool birds, and wildflowers all throughout the hike. Parked on the main road and had to walk through the picnic area to get to the trailhead. Took about 2.5 hours. Amazing views of the Wasatch Front and Valley from the summit.

Great trail. Definitely a hard/ steep incline the whole way. Dog found a deer and a rattle snake at the top. Beware of snakes. If you plan to make it all the way.. I went through 3 Liters of water and couldn’t help but notice the insane amount of bugs flying around us at the top. Flowers looked amazing and view was well worth it.

Steep start for sure. Definitely got the lungs pumping but the views were worth it. Not very many wildflowers bust still lots of beautiful green foliage. Trail in excellent condition, no snow on trail. Would be hot later in the summer, highly exposed. Hiking boots are nice for some of the loose rocks. Lots of cute doggos!

Really pretty right now! Tons of wildflowers the whole way up. Definitely recommend now before it gets too hot this summer because there is a bit of exposed trail on the way up.

Snowy on the way up, muddy on the way down. But green underneath and passing clouds. Great views, high reward.

It was so pretty! Everything is very green right now, Trail is in great shape. Best time of the year to do this hike.

I was the only fat guy on this trail. So, yeah, it’s a bit of work.

Great hike! Loved it. The view was worth it! We got caught in a storm cloud which made the experience so much cooler. I recommend bringing a beer and some snacks to enjoy the lookout! Enjoy :)

Awesome hike that you can do after work! Hiked this in the evening, got started at 3:30 ish and took about 3 hours to complete round trip. Lots of cool spots to look out and see the beautiful green views and the summit is epic. A bit of rock scramble along the way but nothing too extreme! No snow

Hey all—I believe I left my headphones in a small black Marley bag at the top. Please give me a shout if you see them! 503-858-0316

BEAUTIFUL! Photos don’t remotely do it justice. It has a beautiful stream, a waterfall, beautiful forest, and breathtaking views. One of my very favorite hikes.

fee

Great hike and great weather this time of year. It definitely fits the “hard” category as it’s a steady climb the whole way to the top, but the views along the ridgeline and the peak are fantastic. It took us 2 hrs to get up and 1.5 hrs to get down. I’d recommend bringing water and wearing sunscreen as there isn’t a lot of cover on the second half of the hike. The trail gets narrower as you hike into the second half, and there’s a little bit of scrambling over rocks as well. Worth it for the views!

Beautiful trail and views at the top! I started at 5:30 and it took an hour and 10 minutes to get to the peak. There were only a couple of people on the way up which I prefer, so getting up early was worth it! Weather was perfect and I only needed a light jacket and thin gloves for the way up. Total time for me was an hour and 55 minutes, I jogged a little where I could on the way up and the way down I tried to run without tripping! Super fun hike!!

Great trail! Dry conditions and heavily trafficked trail.

Very dog friendly. We started out around 6am and saw a few people going up and summited around 8am. We went down a little bit and found a flat area off trail to enjoy the views and a snack. It was a windy day so we were glad to have found a spot out of the wind but also to enjoy the mountain. Trail does get narrow in parts which makes it difficult to pass people. When we left, the parking alongside the road was packed, and note the $5 credit card fee for canyon use (no cash taken). Supplies taken: - day pack - 3 L water (drank half) - trekking poles (I didn't end up using these at all, but I saw others that opted to) - camping chair (2 pound Moon Lence brand) Attire: - jacket (helpful in the wind and as an easy to remove layer) - hat - Salomon trail running shoes - shorts (a bit chilly until I warmed up but perfect for the day) - tank top

Beautiful hike with lots of views the whole way. Took us about 3 hours, was pretty busy on a Saturday morning but we didn’t mind. Pretty steep, it’s a good workout but worth it. Hiked on May 16th and the trail was dry.

Great hike that is scenic for most of the trail. The trail was very busy when I went on a Saturday. I got there early (9 am) and there was still a long line of cars by the trailhead. I recommend going early on a weekday to avoid the crowds.

This trail was very busy considering the difficulty level, and the trailhead itself is still closed. You have to park along the main road and hike up through the campground/picnic area to reach the trailhead. Also, some hikers we passed reported spotting (and nearly stepping on) snakes on the trail near the false summit, although we never encountered them.

Amazing views, very rocky, well shaded. Barely any mud, no snow at the top. Able to hike in shorts.