Gobblers Knob via Alexander Basin Trail

Gobblers Knob via Alexander Basin Trail is a 4.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and cross country skiing and is best used from May until December.

Directions from Salt Lake City: Follow Mill Creek Canyon Road (3800 South Wasatch Blvd.) 7.8 miles up the canyon. Go past Elbow Fork and below Thousand Springs.

13 minutes ago

Mostly uphill and rocky, views are incredible, well worth every second. Watch for moose though, a large bull had bedded down on the trail so we had to bypass him via some pines.

this is an amazing hike I found it difficult went straight up the basin trail this morning and walked to baker pass and followed bowman fork back to the main trail down. this fork is much easier than the main trail but is extremely over grown, making it hard to navigate at times. but overall this is by far one of the best and the hardest hikes I have ever been on. looking forward to doing it again some time

This is one of the best hikes in the Wasatch. It's very strenuous but it pays off at the top. The views are incredible.

I've hiked this four times in the past and I've seen a moose every time.

Gorgeous views from Alexander Basin! There's still a snowfield on the last climb to the peak and I didn't want to try and make it past by myself, especially given how steep it was and how I didn't tell anyone where I was going :) I'll definitely be back later in the summer!

this trail was so beautiful. we are definitely going back. its steep, but as long as you keep a decent pace you'll do just fine. worth going to the top.

The gate up the rest of the canyon does not open until July 1st. It's over 3 miles up the road past the gate to get to the trail head. This is also true to get to Dog Lake Trail head on this side.

This hike was a good one! Its really steep right at the beginning, mellows out for a little ways then gets steep when you are walking up the final 1/2 mile. Saw a moose and some Elk on the way up. The trail was muddy since it is in the shade the entire way.

Majestic and worth the climb.

This is my new favorite hike up the Millcreek area! Defiantly a rough hike for me (especially because I was carrying a 47lb pack with a toddler in it), it took me four hours to complete the entire hike. The views were amazing! We did the hike late September and the fall foliage was beautiful. I'm definitely doing this one again!

very pretty. Pretty difficult.

Really Beautiful hike with steeper climbs alternating between lovely meadow/basin areas. I saw two young bull moose hanging out about 2/3 of the way up, it seems this area is a favorite for moose. No question that it's steep, but well worth it with a gorgeous trail and rewarding summit with wonderful views.